Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-13-2007, 03:20 PM   #16
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Re: Women dies of bleeding while calling 911 IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Would you have helped the lady, if you didn'y know her?
Hell yeah! I don't care whether I knew her or not. I may not have attempted to jump the guy and grab the knife, but even just yelling for him to stop and drawing attention to him would probably cause the mugger to run away. The way I see it is, if it were someone in my family, I would want someone to do it for me, so why wouldn't I do it for someone else?
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:20 PM   #17
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
once on 7th avenue, some guy got mugged and beat up. in broad daylight in the middle of a street crossing. the attacker and victim were both white.

anyway, I was half a block away, and I yelled at the mugger like "STOP GET BACK HERE" or something. but the guy took off and I looked at the victim who was a skniny white guy who got bloodied and soiled. i asked people to give me a hand and drag the guy to the sidewalk or call 911, but no one did. people went about their business as if nothing happened.
yeah, that's how it goes most of the time... unfortunately.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:26 PM   #18
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
Hell yeah! I don't care whether I knew her or not. I may not have attempted to jump the guy and grab the knife, but even just yelling for him to stop and drawing attention to him would probably cause the mugger to run away. The way I see it is, if it were someone in my family, I would want someone to do it for me, so why wouldn't I do it for someone else?

Cool
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:28 PM   #19
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
once on 7th avenue, some guy got mugged and beat up. in broad daylight in the middle of a street crossing. the attacker and victim were both white.

anyway, I was half a block away, and I yelled at the mugger like "STOP GET BACK HERE" or something. but the guy took off and I looked at the victim who was a skniny white guy who got bloodied and soiled. i asked people to give me a hand and drag the guy to the sidewalk or call 911, but no one did. people went about their business as if nothing happened.

lol i know most of the time you arent thinking about what you are saying especially in a situation like that but why do people say that?

I mean, will they honestly go back there? no.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:28 PM   #20
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
lol i know most of the time you arent thinking about what you are saying especially in a situation like that but why do people say that?

I mean, will they honestly go back there? no.

*shrugs*

i could have yelled:

"im gonna fu kcing kill you once I catch up to you.."

but since I don't carry any weapons on me, that would be pretty foolish if he turned around and pointed a gun at me.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #21
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
how? lol

it cant get worse than slowly dying

I guess they could come out and shoot the patient, that would be worse

Oh yes it can....My uncle had to go in to (einstien hospital in philly) to get a check-up on an injury he had gotten years earlier (he got shot and was partially paralyzed) he was trying to walk again but he having problems...

At his check the doctor nipped his bladder while inserting a cathiter and he got sick and infected and died while in the hospital.... the hospital could have easily saved him but they simply neglected to give him his medicine for about 6 hours...he's is laying the hospital dying and nobody knows.... He dies and they have the nerve to try and cover up what happened and then try to blame on various things that have no bearing on the situation (they found mariuanna in his urine...they tell us like its a threat or something that they'll put out there if we continue to hound them)

I met a girl while I was there who told me her son & her father both died in this hospital over some shady sh*t...

some of these hospitals are just morgues and graveyards were they take your money and mistreat your loved ones...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:44 PM   #22
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Oh yes it can....My uncle had to go in to (einstien hospital in philly) to get a check-up on an injury he had gotten years earlier (he got shot and was partially paralyzed) he was trying to walk again but he having problems...

At his check the doctor nipped his bladder while inserting a cathiter and he got sick and infected and died while in the hospital.... the hospital could have easily saved him but they simply neglected to give him his medicine for about 6 hours...he's is laying the hospital dying and nobody knows.... He dies and they have the nerve to try and cover up what happened and then try to blame on various things that have no bearing on the situation (they found mariuanna in his urine...they tell us like its a threat or something that they'll put out there if we continue to hound them)

I met a girl while I was there who told me her son & her father both died in this hospital over some shady sh*t...

some of these hospitals are just morgues and graveyards were they take your money and mistreat your loved ones...
Sorry to hear about your uncle. The bit in bold is just absolutely disgusting on the hospitals behalf.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #23
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
.they tell us like its a threat or something that they'll put out there if we continue to hound them)

Did your family sue?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #24
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Did your family sue?

My aunt sued them and got alot of money, but she is squabbling with my cousins over it(she is their step moms)...Im soo disapointed in them

the main point...(gunz you live near philly right?) DONT EVER TAKE YOUR LOVED ONES TO EINSTEIN MEDICAL IN N. PHILLY

Go to Temple or University of Penn or even Jefferson downtown, but stay away from einstein...

There should be like a comsumer reports book or listing on which hospitals are dangerous and which are good..Is there something like that currently?
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #25
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
My aunt sued them and got alot of money, but she is squabbling with my cousins over it(she is their step moms)...Im soo disapointed in them

the main point...(gunz you live near philly right?) DONT EVER TAKE YOUR LOVED ONES TO EINSTEIN MEDICAL IN N. PHILLY

Go to Temple or University of Penn or even Jefferson downtown, but stay away from einstein...

There should be like a comsumer reports book or listing on which hospitals are dangerous and which are good..Is there something like that currently?

Imagine the waiting lines.

This story is pretty sad. I understand an operator asking the caller to find a doctor because they're in a hospital, but once it is clear nothing is happening, you don't say "I can't help you." That's just sad.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #26
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

A guy I know's dad died after going to the doctor for some sort of examination. Pretty sure that it was one of those intestinal examinations where they stick a camera up there and look around. It turns out they must have punctured something and he ended up dying in his sleep without ever knowing anything was wrong.

That was just a freak accident.. I assume.. but still.. damn.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #27
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Disgusting.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #28
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

King/Drew Medical Center has been in trouble for a LONG time. It was almost closed down a few months ago until Harbor General supposedly took it over.

I've known a few people who have worked there and it's not the Doctors. It's the nurses and the people in charge of the money. They have some of the LAZIEST, DUMBEST and most IGNORANT nurses in the medical field. I swear the nurses who score the lowest of thier test scores get a job at King.

I remember about 15-20 years ago the U.S. Military sent thier doctors to King/Drew to train. They did this because at that time gang violence was at an all time high. The injuries that the Doctors where treating were pretty much the same sort of injuries soldiers sustained during war. And since the Doctors at King/Drew saved LOTS of victims with these sort of wounds the military wanted a few tips I guess.

More than likely this will be the straw that breaks the camels back and MLK/Drew Medical Center will be no more. It's really sad.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:05 PM   #29
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A lesson Ive learned from this thread: Dont let docs stick sharp **** in your body.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:38 AM   #30
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The problem with the nurses is they are so desperate for them, they'll take anyone they can get there hands on, regardless if they are compitent or not.

My mum was in hospital last year for surgery and the nurse or whoever it is that gives the anistetic almost ****ed up and killed her. She's lucky the doctor saw the mistake before she was injected otherwise she'd be dead right now.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: