Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-26-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
LokeyLopost
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LokeyLopost has an OK reputation so far
Question Chandler for Brand huh?

Would we still be having this discussion if we kept Brand? Artest? Curry?

We should Get Roy, trade Gordon for Zach Randolph.

Kirk
Roy
Deng/Nocioni
Randolph
Chandler/Ben Wallace
LokeyLopost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:17 AM   #2
PJA

PJA has an OK reputation so far

I like your thinking about getting Randolph but we can get him cheaper. How about #16 and Sweetney for Randolph.
PJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
LokeyLopost

yeah, that works alot better.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:28 PM   #4
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Yeah I have no idea why they Jerry Krause traded Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler. Or why he traded Miller and Ron Artest for Jalen Rose.

If they got Kirk Hinrich and Ben Gordon... wow... that team would be awesome.

PG Kirk Hinrich
SG Ben Gordon
SF Ron Artest
PF Elton Brand
C Miller
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:55 PM   #5
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation

i hate to say it but that hinrich gordon artest brand miler lineup would win a ring...
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That lineup would never happen. Artest wasn't half the player he was then of what he is now. Miller wasn't developed as a big man yet. And we still had Jamal Crawford running point for us. Eventually, Curry woulda developed correctly though with guidance from Elton. We woulda thus never had the chance to get Kirk. And Jay Williams probably woulda never been a Bull.

And please, stop saying "we" should do this and do that and trade him and get him because if you are saying "we" and want to trade Ben Gordon (unless it's for a true superstar ala Kobe, TD, KG) then you shouldn't consider yourself a Bulls fan.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:10 PM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Randolph may be overpayed, but he ain't no bum.

I'd say Sweetney + 16 wouldn't be enough, Duhon + 16.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:58 PM   #8
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Randolph may be overpayed, but he ain't no bum.

I'd say Sweetney + 16 wouldn't be enough, Duhon + 16.

I would live with that price for Randolph. He's got talent but I don't think we should deal one of our top 2 players for him. He is a great scorer inside and can board which is the thing Curry couldn't do. It would help Tyson alot in the middle and then it would allow us to do more with the #2 pick.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:15 PM   #9
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

You don't want Zack Randolph, trust me. Yes, you need more post presence, But Randolph has bad knees and absolutely no desire to play defense.

For that salary(84 million) you would be much better off with a guy like Carlos Boozer(68 million) or maybe Troy Murphy(50 million).Of course Troy's not as good offensively as Zack, but is cheaper and a better defender/ rebounder.

But of course that's just one Out of Market Fan's opinion...
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #10
LokeyLopost

I like your thinking. I didn't want to trade gordon for that price but my thinking wasn't correlating with my typing. But that Boozer (if he's healthy) or troy Murphy is good thinking. But Jazz may want too much. K-mart is on the open market. Then we sign mbenga frm dallas for dfensive big man off bench.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:39 AM   #11
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokeyLopost
I like your thinking. I didn't want to trade gordon for that price but my thinking wasn't correlating with my typing. But that Boozer (if he's healthy) or troy Murphy is good thinking. But Jazz may want too much. K-mart is on the open market. Then we sign mbenga frm dallas for dfensive big man off bench.

Murphy?

----

Ok, nevermind.....

I don't understand this:

Sweetney
Thomas
Nocioni
Gordon
Heinrich

and great bench.

Why the hell would you want to trade Gordon?

You have a great team that should in five years be a championship contender , why the hell would you want **** this up??
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:58 AM   #12
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Thumbs down Yes the Brand Trade

was the worst trade in Bulls history. EB was vastly underrated by most NBA experts. Look at him now, Superstar, and Tyson Chandler is unrealized overrated potential
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #13
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

OMG! I get tired of fans saying they miss Brand or it was the worst trade ever. He was my favorite player when the Bulls traded him away, but let's let it go now. REMEMBER the PLAN was that Curry and Chandler would lead them to a championship, NOT that Chandler would be better than Brand. The PLAN was that CURRY would be better than Brand, that's why they did that trade. Curry and Brand can't play together, they are both back to the basket players and they would crowd the lane. They expected Curry to be a taller version of Brand NOT Chandler will be better than Brand. So enough of this, Brand is better...no 5hit! He was better before he even set foot on an NBA court. People, please remember when the last time Curry and Chandler were together, they led the Bulls to the 3rd best record in the Eastern Conference!!! Third best! Chandler and Curry complimented each other perfectly! Who would have thought that Curry would not be able to play D with all that athleticism? Then he wanted to leave....bye Curry! Brand was my favorite..and now he's even better but he'll never LEAD a team to a title. The Clippers didn't get over the hump until they signed Cassell NOT because of Brand. If Cassell left, we would have seen that team fall apart. Let's continue being die-hard Bulls fans!! Let's support what we have and not what we had! We HAD artest, Brand and Miller and we STILL sucked!!! Yes those players are better NOW, but it's too late. Don't get me started on how the Bulls broke up a dynasty either!!!! Jordan got paid over 30 mil each of his 3 years..that's not exactly foul treatment. I enjoyed watching the DOMINATION of our title years led by mainly 2 guys. NOW I love watching this TEAM growing into a title contender! SUPPORT!!! GO BULLS!!!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:56 AM   #14
The Real GM

The Real GM has an OK reputation so far

The Brand trade was retarded! What are you guys talking about trading Sweetney/Duhon and the 16 pick for Randolph. Randolph does supply the Bulls need of a post scorer, but is not a Skiles type player. He plays no defense and has an attitude problem. He is also topped out as a player. Also, those salaries aren't even close to matching up, and with the Bulls signing Wallace they could not take that contract in. Do you want Hinrich, Nocioni, and Gordon/Deng re-signed in the future? The best you can hope for is Garnett to become available next season to get a low post scorer and ship Wallace out,unfortunately. That will most likely not happen anyway after Ben signed that large deal.
The Real GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:25 PM   #15
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

The Brand trade was one of the dumbest trades that I can thik of. The Bulls would have been a force with EB. That trade was really, really dumb.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: