Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default If the Bulls can't get Garnett should they...

If the Bulls can't get Garnett should they try to go after Jermaine O'Neal? Would they be able to get O'Neal giving up less talent than they'd have to for Garnett?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #2
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
I don't think we would be able to get O'Neal for two reasons: 1. salary cap purposes, and 2. he isn't a good fit on our team.

If we trade for him, we will not be able to sign anybody else next year, or give any of our guys extensions. The only plus I see in him is that he is a good post scorer. I don't think his attitude would be good here, and he doesn't have the mold that the rest of our roster has - hard working, good work ethic, overly athletic. He would just slow us down.

As for what we would have to give up, I actually think it would be more than what we would give for KG. O'Neal is the only person worth a damn on that team, and he is the face of their franchise, as KG is in Minny. However, there are pieces around KG that would benefit from a trade. Who do the Pacers have? Stephen Jackson? Anthony Johnson? Jamaal Tinsley? The only thing they would gain out of that trade would be a chance to get the #1 pick in the draft next year, cuz they would be worse than the Knicks.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:08 PM   #3
LokeyLopost
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LokeyLopost has an OK reputation so far

the bulls own the knicks number one if they want it next year. So the cap space if for greg oden or noel
LokeyLopost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:58 AM   #4
Pombal
Banned

Pombal has an OK reputation so far

Greg oden or noel

Who are them? lol.. sorry but I really dont know!
Pombal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:30 AM   #5
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pombal
Greg oden or noel

Who are them? lol.. sorry but I really dont know!

Greg Oden is the beastly center going to Ohio State, but would have come into the NBA if it weren't for the high school rule. If you get to see any of their games next year, you will be in for a treat. This guy is good, and that's a huge understatement. Only question is if he will stay there for 4 years or come out next year. He would be a consensus #1 no matter when.

Noel I don't know, unless he meant Joakim Noah, who will definitely be a lottery pick when he comes out too. He will be a sophmore at Florida this year, and if you saw any of the tournament, I'm sure you would recognize him. A 7-footer like Oden, and the kid can play, although he might be one of the ugliest guys in college basketball.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #6
Pombal
Banned

Pombal has an OK reputation so far

Next Shaq? :)
Pombal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #7
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pombal
Next Shaq? :)

In some aspects, yes. Oden is a great post player, a banger, and takes up a lot of space. After that, the differences start to pile up. Oden has nowhere near the girth that Shaq does, runs the floor better, and also has much better touch, from the field and the line. Whereas Shaq relies on brute strength, Oden has a semi-finesse game that makes him that much more dangerous. I think Oden has the potential to be better than Shaq, and anyone that gets him in the draft when he comes out will not be disappointed.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #8
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

JO just seems really dumb. like he's a 14 year old in a man's body. save me from the JO syndrome...aka acting too bad ass for your own good. JO ain't nuthin. KG or bust.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #9
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Nah Noahs gonna be sick dude along with Oden obviously. But i like noahs attitude. He's real aggresive and you gotta have someone on your team like that.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: