Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2006, 05:44 PM   #31
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan
 
StarJordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 751
Default

Quote:
if you have half a brain its really not all that hard. especially if you are in public school.

I was at a public school in all honors classes and training for varsity soccer. I know from experience its not easy. You get out from school around 3pm, sprints/runs took 1-2 hours. Drills took an hour. Scrimmage for another hour, then more drills and then finally work with the trainers. By the time you get home its 8pm; where's the time to do work to maintain a grade point average. You say its easy, to me it was pretty hard.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:46 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarJordan
I was at a public school in all honors classes and training for varsity soccer. I know from experience its not easy. You get out from school around 3pm, sprints/runs took 1-2 hours. Drills took an hour. Scrimmage for another hour, then more drills and then finally work with the trainers. By the time you get home its 8pm; where's the time to do work to maintain a grade point average. You say its easy, to me it was pretty hard.

I get it, its hard to you so its automatically hard for everyone. Wow. Got any more meaningless info on the MJ's kid?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #33
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,469
Default

Quote:
I was at a public school in all honors classes and training for varsity soccer. I know from experience its not easy. You get out from school around 3pm, sprints/runs took 1-2 hours. Drills took an hour. Scrimmage for another hour, then more drills and then finally work with the trainers. By the time you get home its 8pm; where's the time to do work to maintain a grade point average. You say its easy, to me it was pretty hard.

back to responding to the same quote twice act again are we?

sorry but I know plenty of people that did it AND still had pretty good social lives. by the way, ive been in public schools and private. public is a joke.

Last edited by kentatm : 07-08-2006 at 05:50 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #34
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star
 
HALLandOATES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You assume his kid he good enough.

No, but it's his kid, where theres a will there a way and Michael couldn't stop playing because he loved the game sooo much so I assume he's going to try to get his son into basketball some way, it has to be on his mind
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
No, but it's his kid, where theres a will there a way and Michael couldn't stop playing because he loved the game sooo much so I assume he's going to try to get his son into basketball some way, it has to be on his mind

So what its his kid, basketball is a business. Bill Walton never campaigned for his son. MJ isnt even the damn GM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #36
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan
 
StarJordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 751
Default

Let's look at endowments:

http://facts.wustl.edu/comparison.htm

Harvard gets $25.5 billion from its alumni, Yale gets $15 billion. Duke gets $3.8 billion. Rice gets $3.6 billion. Duke/Rice etc. are not in the same class as the ivy leagues.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:13 PM   #37
SLIMMPICKINS
I airball my layups
 
SLIMMPICKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
No, but it's his kid, where theres a will there a way and Michael couldn't stop playing because he loved the game sooo much so I assume he's going to try to get his son into basketball some way, it has to be on his mind


Mike's youngest son is the better basketball player from what I've read on him he has MJ's athlectism and mannerisms on the court
SLIMMPICKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:14 PM   #38
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,851
Default

I had a 4.3 gpa in hs. lets make a thread about me. lucky guy he is though. son of MJ, immensly talented ball player, and a straight A student
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:19 PM   #39
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,469
Default

Quote:
Let's look at endowments:

http://facts.wustl.edu/comparison.htm

Harvard gets $25.5 billion from its alumni, Yale gets $15 billion. Duke gets $3.8 billion. Rice gets $3.6 billion. Duke/Rice etc. are not in the same class as the ivy leagues.

and that has what to do with being a better school?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #40
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan
 
StarJordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 751
Default

Quote:
I had a 4.3 gpa in hs. lets make a thread about me. lucky guy he is though. son of MJ, immensly talented ball player, and a straight A student
.

GPA is supposed to be on a 4.0 scale. How did you get a 4.3? Was it on a 10.0 scale moron? Do you come home bragging "I got a 99 average...99 out of 200!!.

Last edited by StarJordan : 07-08-2006 at 06:39 PM.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:31 PM   #41
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan
 
StarJordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 751
Default

Quote:
and that has what to do with being a better school?

It shows what the power and influence and value of ivy league education is. If your alumni are giving back $25.5 billion in DONATION, that leaves to picture the kind of money they are making for themselves!

Last edited by StarJordan : 07-08-2006 at 06:34 PM.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:34 PM   #42
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm
 
Jerm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Okokomaiko
Posts: 965
Default

Not all GPA's are out of 4.0 you dumbsh!t. You fail everytime you discuss anything out of Jordan. Your whole life revolves around Jordan, I'm sure you force your wife to dress and wear a Jordan mask. She just sits there and you beat your d!ck to condemnation. What a loser!
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #43
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarJordan
It shows what the power and influence and value of ivy league education is. If your alumni are giving back $25.5 billion in DONATION, imagine the kind of money they are making for themselves!

MJ son could go to community college and you find ways to praise, celebrate it. You're a loser.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:40 PM   #44
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarJordan
.

GPA is supposed to be on a 4.0 scale. How did you get a 4.3? Was it on a 10.0 scale moron? Do you come home bragging "I got a 99 on my physics final!...99 out of 200!!.

wow!!! callin me a moron. ever heard of AP classes. those classes are college based courses but taken at the high schools. they're based on a 5.0 scale. example, if you take all you classes AP and you get straight As in all of them, then you would have a total of 5.0 GPA. in my high school days, I took many of them and they ended up boosting my gpa to 4.3
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:45 PM   #45
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan
 
StarJordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 751
Default

Quote:
wow!!! callin me a moron. ever heard of AP classes. those classes are college based courses but taken at the high schools. they're based on a 5.0 scale. example, if you take all you classes AP and you get straight As in all of them, then you would have a total of 5.0 GPA. in my high school days, I took many of them and they ended up boosting my gpa to 4.3

This is stupid. If you had 4.3 out of 5, your GPA was 3.44 on the 4 scale.

Last edited by StarJordan : 07-08-2006 at 06:48 PM.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy