Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #46
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarJordan
This is stupid. If you had 4.3 out of 5, your GPA was 3.44 on the 4 scale.

you're assuming that I took all of my classes AP. but I didnt. for instance in one semester, i took 4 AP classes and two normal ones. I ended up gettin straight As and my GPA was 4.667 or something like that
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:54 PM   #47
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan

Quote:
MJ son could go to community college and you find ways to praise

Gobb couldn't get into a community college even with affirmative action.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #48
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

GOBB isn't black. No affirmative action for him.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:04 PM   #49
StarJordan

Quote:
you're assuming that I took all of my classes AP. but I didnt. for instance in one semester, i took 4 AP classes and two normal ones. I ended up gettin straight As and my GPA was 4.667 or something like that

The purpose of grade point average is to tally your actual average against the max anyone could have scored; not whether you took differential equations in senior year. That's what the transcript is for. If your school operates under a 5.0 scale and you have a 4.3, then your cumulative GPA on the 4-point scale is a 3.4. If your college admission form asked for GPA, and you entered 4.0+ without stating that its out of 5, you'd be misrepresenting.

Last edited by StarJordan : 07-08-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:04 PM   #50
Sline96
Can barely lace up my sneakers

i am surprised to know that MJs son isnt a spoiled brat. he is actually an intelligent kid. im happy with MJ.

it's easy to say than do. what jeffery is able to do is absolutely amazing. i am looking foward to hearing good things from him in the future.
Sline96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #51
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarJordan
Gobb couldn't get into a community college even with affirmative action.

*yawn*

I'm more successful then you clown. Your life revolves around another human being who breaths, eats, sleeps, craps just like you. He entertained you and you were left with a permanant hardon that wont cease to remain stiff! You're so bugged out that the person who entertained and mind phucked you silly you care about thier kids and how well they are doing. You're starting to become a psycho. A uncontrollable fanatic. You'd probably kill to sniff MJ's UNC shorts "Mmmmmmmm *strange giggle* his airness!". Phuck outta here!
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #52
StarJordan

Quote:
I'm more successful then you clown.

So you're a drug dealer eh
Old 07-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #53
TheGreatNumber8
Banned

StarJordan,Did you clean up after the mess? *Gobble*
TheGreatNumber8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #54
kentatm
NBA Legend

sorry but how much money a school has no bearing on how good the education is.

but please, keep beating off over somebody who who call the cops if you showed up.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:57 PM   #55
StarJordan

Quote:
how much money a school has no bearing

Then I'm going to infer that either you don't know what you are talking about or your school doesn't have much going on. Of course endowments matter. The quality of facilities available, the level of world class faculty you can afford, the kind of research and development you can pull off, the caliber of dorms, health services, the caliber of labs, the stadiums (in sports), the libraries, class rooms, conference rooms, the kind of technology available for connectivity across university campuses, the number of machines, the kind of machines all get affected by the amount of money you have at disposal.

Last edited by StarJordan : 07-08-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:34 PM   #56
kentatm
NBA Legend

if Harvard vs State Community College yes, an endowment matters, but when you are talking a large university like Rice vs Harvard, it doesnt matter as much. give it up, you dont know what the hell you are talking about.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:34 PM   #57
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

you don't go to harvard over rutgers because Harvard gives you a better education, you go because all the other students are on average a lot smarter than the average rutgers student, and this is supposed to influence you positively or some crap like that. I go to rutgers so I don't believe any of that ****. If you have the drive to succeed you will do it regardless of whether your friends are smart or not. It's also pretty common knowledge that the difference in "quality of education" between most 4 year year universities and those select group known as the "elites" is pretty nominal. It ain't like they're teaching us geometry while ivies are teaching them complex differential equations
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 07:49 PM   #58
kentatm
NBA Legend

well also it depends on what program you are going to school for. if you want a badass music program, you can got to North Texas. You want kick ass engineering, go to Texas A&M or UT Arlington. it works taht way all over for different programs. Star doesnt get that though. he only sees a name.

too bad his idol got second billing to a cartoon rabbit.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #59
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
sorry but how much money a school has no bearing on how good the education is.

but please, keep beating off over somebody who who call the cops if you showed up.

SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 07:51 PM   #60
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
you don't go to harvard over rutgers because Harvard gives you a better education, you go because all the other students are on average a lot smarter than the average rutgers student, and this is supposed to influence you positively or some crap like that. I go to rutgers so I don't believe any of that ****. If you have the drive to succeed you will do it regardless of whether your friends are smart or not. It's also pretty common knowledge that the difference in "quality of education" between most 4 year year universities and those select group known as the "elites" is pretty nominal. It ain't like they're teaching us geometry while ivies are teaching them complex differential equations

Wrong, you go for the connections
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: