Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-08-2006, 10:32 PM   #91
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Praise Jordan.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:25 AM   #92
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

First off, remember this kid is rich, so 1) He probably has a bunch of tutors helping him out and 2) His dad is rich and powerful, and the teacher could just give him good grades to get on the kids good side. The kid is probably a well known in his school, and teachers probably suck up to him for his father's autograph and ****.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:02 AM   #93
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
For us Canadians, can someone describe the grade point average dealy? Is it that 5.0 = 100%? 4.0 = 80%? Someone explain.

I am pretty sure a 4.0 GPA is equivalent to having all A's in your classes, 3.0 GPA is having all B's in your classes...

I don't really recall what our grading system is like because I've just gone through percentage grades in high school, if I remember correctly, 50-59 is a D, 60-69 is a C, 70-79 is a B, 80-84 is A-, 85-89 is A and 90+ is A+.

I could be wrong, been a while since I saw a letter grade.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:40 AM   #94
SYOrangeMan
I brick open layups

SYOrangeMan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
and he would go Ivy b/c? they are all overrated. Duke, UNC, Standford and Rice are all as good.

did you know Rutgers was originally invited to be an Ivy? hell the education you get at them is no better than even smaller schools like Middlebury, Austin College, and Trinity.

People go to Ivyleague schools because of the brand name. People who graduate get hired almost immediately. Job offers come flying at you once you graduate out of an Ivyleague school. You're more likely to be successful in getting jobs with an Ivyleague degree than say.. A degree from.. Syracuse.
SYOrangeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:50 AM   #95
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarJordan
The purpose of grade point average is to tally your actual average against the max anyone could have scored; not whether you took differential equations in senior year. That's what the transcript is for. If your school operates under a 5.0 scale and you have a 4.3, then your cumulative GPA on the 4-point scale is a 3.4. If your college admission form asked for GPA, and you entered 4.0+ without stating that its out of 5, you'd be misrepresenting.

every college is aware of the AP courses. and most colleges I applied to ask me to give my weighted and unweighted gpa. my 4.3 transferred to be 3.9. what you do is that you assume all the AP classes to be normal classes and then figure out the gpa. my 4.3 doesnt transfer to 3.4. think about this. if i take 4 AP classes and get an A in them and take 2 normal classes and get an A that would leave at a 4.667 gpa. so i got straight As. does this mean that it will trasnfer to be less than 4.0 because i have AP classes?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:05 AM   #96
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

do you get to skip the first year of university courses in AP like you do in IB?
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:56 AM   #97
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan

StarJordan is considered somewhat coolStarJordan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
every college is aware of the AP courses. and most colleges I applied to ask me to give my weighted and unweighted gpa. my 4.3 transferred to be 3.9. what you do is that you assume all the AP classes to be normal classes and then figure out the gpa. my 4.3 doesnt transfer to 3.4. think about this. if i take 4 AP classes and get an A in them and take 2 normal classes and get an A that would leave at a 4.667 gpa. so i got straight As. does this mean that it will trasnfer to be less than 4.0 because i have AP classes?

Every GPA is out of some max that is achievable. Good for you if your school considers your 4.3 to be equivalent of a 3.9. As it works out, only a small number of people can have a super high GPA (it's tough). But even fewer than that have a high GPA *AND* are national-caliber athletes on top of the grades. And even fewer happen to be millionaire son/daughters with hundreds of millions of dollars coming to them in inheritance whether they do any work or not. Jeff Jordan's gonna be one of those rare millionaire kids who have straight As and are top jocks also. So it's worth congratulating.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #98
Bill Swerski

Props to your son, StarJordan...
It's not extra hard to maintain a 4.0 while playing Varsity,
but given the circumstance, I think I'd find it difficult.

If I were Jordan's son, I'd be one lazy, arrogant slacker,
with a propensity to spend all day, every day,
getting high, chasing girls.

I turned out that way anyway, but If I were Jordan's son,
@ least I'd be rich...
Still working on the rich part.
I'll get there.

Respect due to Jeffrey Jordan.
Go to an Ivy league school, if you can.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:57 AM   #99
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Go to an Ivy league school, if you can.
......because we all know your dad can't afford to send you there if you don't get a scholarship.

I'm just playing. I know what you mean.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: