Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-14-2007, 05:55 PM   #61
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Yi or Noah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
No it's not. Pape Sow dominated the NBDL and he can't play 5 minutes in the NBA.
No he didn't. He had a handful of good games and that was it.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #62
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
No he didn't. He had a handful of good games and that was it.

Then he returned to the Raptors.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #63
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

Wow. I just had a look at Yao Ming's stats from his last season in cba

32ppg (.721 FG) 19.0 rpg 2apg
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:02 PM   #64
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippos
Then he returned to the Raptors.
And that has what to do with the bogus claim that Sow dominated the D-League?
Old 06-14-2007, 06:05 PM   #65
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
And that has what to do with the bogus claim that Sow dominated the D-League?

He domintated the NBDL while playing in the NBDL. Simple.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #66
Da KO King

Quote:
He domintated the NBDL while playing in the NBDL. Simple.
A handful of big games is domination now?
Old 06-14-2007, 06:26 PM   #67
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
A handful of big games is domination now?

Yes, some of the games were huge.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:27 PM   #68
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Some of what his potential would be is like Tim Thomas. I'll take a defensive maniac who gets boards, runs the floor well and can dish on offense over Tim Thomas any day.

He's a 7fter that can shoot, put the ball on the floor, and is very aggressive. His potential could be Dirk or KG. Also if a 7ft Tim Thomas wasn't a nut case, he'd be pretty damned good. I'd take that over a skinny Eduardo Najera like Noah could turn out to be.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:47 PM   #69
Comedy Central
Kids at the park dunk on me

Comedy Central has an OK reputation so far

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5HR4sK0tl6w

Here is an interview of Yi, His English sounds pretty good. . He might practice his words before the interview but it was still very impressive for an international player who's never lived in an English speaking country . He must be quite smart and a fast learner too, I think he will get adjusted to the NBA and American life style fairly easily.
Comedy Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:55 PM   #70
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6fVJpeo7PvE

against an NBA player
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:11 PM   #71
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro

Don't come in here with one clip fool. By your logic Baby Shaq should be a top 20 player next year with what he did against the US last year.

Again, I think Jianlian will not be a bust. Read my other post where I give reasons why he won't be. BUT, Noah will still be better.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #72
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'd take Yi. Yi will never be able to defend Shaqs and Duncans in the NBA but he's a very good athlete with solid fundamentals, and has a chance to be a star in the league. Bargnani can't defend Shaq but it doesn't mean that he won't be a good player in the future.

Being a native Korean and a regular viewer of the CBA that stands for Chinese Basketball Association, I've seen Yi a lot, and I certainly know that he won't be like Skita who was very poorly coordinated. Yi actually doesn't play like Skita at all, Yi's go-to move is a turnaround jumper in the 8-10 feet range and he's deadly from there. If I had to make a comparison to a current NBA player, Pau Gasol immediately comes to mind without even thinking twice, and with some of Rasheed Wallace as well. Yi needs to be a better defender by gaining his upper body strength though as in one game I've seen him getting outplayed and outmuscled in the paint by Olumide Oyedeji.

As for Noah, I think he is an ok prospect with a shot at being a solid rotation player but I don't see him being a full-time starter in the league. His lack of post moves is one thing that will prevent me from selecting him high in the lottery.

Last edited by Human Error : 06-14-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:36 PM   #73
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
the CBA that stands for Chinese Basketball Association,

Are you serious?
Old 06-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #74
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Are you serious?
Yes, why not? CBA is the 2nd most watched basketball league in the world, and lots of former NBA players have played there, ie Chris Porter, Roy Tarpley etc.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:47 PM   #75
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

No, it's just funny that you thought you needed to tell us what CBA stood for.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: