Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-13-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here
Default Why I respect Lebron more than DWade

As a player.

Lebron to me is one of the most professional players in the league in terms of his composure and his attitude toward basketball and players in general. He has been groomed to be the next Michael Jordan since he was in grade school, and his maturity level shows that he accepted it as an honor, but also recognized the challenges that would come with it in terms of public relations and image.

He has the Chosen One written on his back, and obviously has an enormous ego, and i've heard he's a diiick off the court, but on the court and around basketball he's the consummate professional. He could have whined and moaned about the no-call last night, and did to the ref right afterward, but not by trying to show him up, or yelling at him. He just told him he was fouled a couple times calmly, and then left it. When it was time to put up or shut up at the press conference, he shut up, and blamed himself. I gained a lot of respect for him when that happened.

He plays basketball the right way, always looking for the score, and never counting on the refs, or anyone, to bail him out, unlike Wade. He never flops, never stays on the ground acting like he's hurt, never tries to draw cheap fouls on players. He would never call out a player from another team like Wade did to Nowitzi, even in retaliation. Lebrons an egotistical, conceited SOB, but his maturity and professionalism on the court is extremely admirable. I believe Wade is the better basketball player overall, but I respect Lebron a hell of a lot more for his demeanor and attitude.

One more thing. Lebrons jumpshot is killing his team because not only does it hurt the team when he takes one and it clanks as usual, but he has so little trust in it that when the D backs off like the Spurs and Bowen are doing, he puts his team and teammates in compromising situations by HAVING to pass to someone else, the result of which is usually chaos. His lack of a J is forcing the ball out of his hands and into Anderson Varejao's and Sasha Pavlovich's. Everytime he gets the ball on the perimeter and Bowen backs up 5 feet, its a disaster waiting to happen.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why I respect Lebron more than DWade

Quote:
He would never call out a player from another team like Wade did to Nowitzi
I agree 50/50. 50% because that was kind of wrong, and the other 50% says it's the NBA Finals, time to man up.
Quote:
He plays basketball the right way, always looking for the score, and never counting on the refs, or anyone, to bail him out, unlike Wade.
I think Wade and the referee issues are highly overrated. Wade doesn't cry and beg everytime something doesn't go his way.

Last edited by Richie2k6 : 06-13-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Reason I respect Wade more than Bron...

He doesnt get scared and is 10 times the competitor..
He actually understands that he needs a jumper and needs to shoot it....
Wade carved his name out from out of no where....Bron had all this just handed him on a silver platter
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
He would never call out a player from another team like Wade did to Nowitzi.
But he'd go up to Gilbert at the line and talk crap to him.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #5
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

hed go to the World Championships and call out Kobe Bryant's leadership ability...and state that he was born to lead...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Exactly. It's all part of the game. You can't hear it because of the crowd and camera, but let me tell you, the players are constantly yelling and arguing with one another on the court. Constantly. KG, behind the scenes, has a reputation as a trash talker on the court. But no one would think that because he doesn't talk trash on the press conference podium. Want to know if Lebron is a trash talker or complainer. Go ask players on the court with him for 48 minutes, no people who interview him after the games. And Lebron has been complaining about lots of calls in the playoffs so far. It's the NBA. It's the Finals. It's a mans sport. If you get fouled hard or commit a foul you think was called wrong, you argue it. If you let everyone walk all over you, your chances of winning are decreased. It's a man's game.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #7
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
As a player.

He could have whined and moaned about the no-call last night, and did to the ref right afterward, but not by trying to show him up, or yelling at him. He just told him he was fouled a couple times calmly, and then left it. When it was time to put up or shut up at the press conference, he shut up, and blamed himself. I gained a lot of respect for him when that happened.
You and I must've been watching a different game last night. He clearly has been whining and yelling at the refs, even dating back to the Cavs vs. Pistons series. The reason that he didn't blame them in the press conference was because of Mike Brown's "no excuses" policy. Regardless of what the players feel, they are instructed not to make any excuses for losing and to give credit where credit is due.

Last edited by haterofhaters : 06-13-2007 at 05:39 PM.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:38 PM   #8
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Bulls beat the heat
pistons beat the bulls
cavs beat the pistons

you get the point

(spurs beat the cavs)
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #9
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

There was something about Wade that I could just see was special. First time he was in the playoffs he was hitting shots that I don't know he could hit again. Spinning jump shots that went in every time. It was crazy.

What he did in the Finals solidified him as a super star.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #10
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
There was something about Wade that I could just see was special. First time he was in the playoffs he was hitting shots that I don't know he could hit again. Spinning jump shots that went in every time. It was crazy.

What he did in the Finals solidified him as a super star.
Yep. Very unforgotten and underrated Finals performance. Easily the best player on the court in that entire series.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #11
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Reason I respect Wade more than Bron...

He doesnt get scared and is 10 times the competitor..
He actually understands that he needs a jumper and needs to shoot it....
Wade carved his name out from out of no where....Bron had all this just handed him on a silver platter

He's earned it, because he's been that good.

I agree with your first point, which is one of the reasons I said Wade is a better player.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #12
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
You and I must've been watching a different game last night. He clearly has been whining and yelling at the refs, even dating back to the Cavs vs. Pistons series. The reason that he didn't blame them in the press conference was because of Mike Brown's "no excuses" policy. Regardless of what the players feel, they are instructed not to make any excuses for losing and to give credit where credit is due.

Everybody in the league lobbys to the refs for calls. Wade does it much more than Lebron.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #13
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

Thats all you got?
Old 06-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #14
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
hed go to the World Championships and call out Kobe Bryant's leadership ability...and state that he was born to lead...

That wasnt a callout.

And I never said he didnt have a huge head.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:48 PM   #15
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Thats all you got?
As I said, buy courtside tickets and try to listen to the players. They ALL talk smack at some point, except a player like Duncan, or rookies, etc.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: