Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-13-2007, 08:50 PM   #31
grimreaper1377
Local High School Star

grimreaper1377 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why I respect Lebron more than DWade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Exactly. It's all part of the game. You can't hear it because of the crowd and camera, but let me tell you, the players are constantly yelling and arguing with one another on the court. Constantly. KG, behind the scenes, has a reputation as a trash talker on the court. But no one would think that because he doesn't talk trash on the press conference podium. Want to know if Lebron is a trash talker or complainer. Go ask players on the court with him for 48 minutes, no people who interview him after the games. And Lebron has been complaining about lots of calls in the playoffs so far. It's the NBA. It's the Finals. It's a mans sport. If you get fouled hard or commit a foul you think was called wrong, you argue it. If you let everyone walk all over you, your chances of winning are decreased. It's a man's game.

Not according to David Stern.
grimreaper1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:51 PM   #32
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreaper1377
Not according to David Stern.
Well he's just plain stupid.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #33
HANNIBAL SMITH
Decent playground baller

HANNIBAL SMITH has an OK reputation so far

I respect the fact that Lebron doesn't need bail out calls and over 20 free throw attempts to score 40 points like *cough* Wade.
HANNIBAL SMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:20 PM   #34
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
Bulls beat the heat
pistons beat the bulls
cavs beat the pistons

you get the point

(spurs beat the cavs)

spurs will beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals, who beat the pistons in the 07 ECF, who beat the Bulls in the 07 ECSF, who beat the heat in the 07 first round, who beat the Mavs in the 06 final, who beat the spurs in the 06 WCF, who beat the cavs in the 07 finals...
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #35
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANNIBAL SMITH
I respect the fact that Lebron doesn't need bail out calls and over 20 free throw attempts to score 40 points like *cough* Wade.

No his jumpers were just as great.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #36
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I don't see what's the problem with Wade calling out Dirk. Seems like everyone here wants this sterile league where all the players are PC and say automated responses. Let them publically criticize each other, it's more fun that way. As long as it doesn't get too personal stays basketball-related it's all in good competition.

Stern's movement towards controlling attitudes of the players are reaching the fans. I agree there is an amount of decorum that should be involved, but forgive me if I don't mind Rasheed's random acts of maliciousness, Kevin Garnett screaming "mother****er" every other possession, or Ray Allen calling out Kobe Bryant and saying Tim Thomas is better.

The league is a lot better when we have people playing basketball, not robots that pander to the public.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:08 PM   #37
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Ray Allen calling out Kobe Bryant and saying Tim Thomas is better.
seriously? when?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:17 PM   #38
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
He plays basketball the right way, always looking for the score, and never counting on the refs, or anyone, to bail him out, unlike Wade.

Good lord. How this has blown up to so much hyperbole is beyond me. I mean it wasn't even a twinkle in anyones eye prior to last years finals...

Now Wade is completly dependant on the refs to score...haha. C'mon bruh...

It's apparent most of ya'll missed Wade's rookie year..And how aggressive he was and how he showed the whole package, and that it was inevitable that he was going the marquee player that he is today. Was just going out there and staying in attack mofe, wasn't a 'foul call beneficiary' as quite a few of you so claim he is today, he deliverd and was still the same clutch player without the so called 'star system' that has revolved around his game today...

Quote:
He never flops

Never say never: http://youtube.com/watch?v=a_jsyxJVAXs

Quote:
He would never call out a player from another team like Wade did to Nowitzi, even in retaliation. Lebrons an egotistical, conceited SOB, but his maturity and professionalism on the court is extremely admirable. I believe Wade is the better basketball player overall, but I respect Lebron a hell of a lot more for his demeanor and attitude.

But I mean, what relevence does that to the actual play of game of basketball?

That's all that matters really.

And in any sorts... Bron has never been tried in the same way that Dirk has to Wade and the Heat so really you can't present that he wouldn't as a fact.

And all and all that little exchange of words wasn't even that serious..An exchange of jabs (if that's want to call it ) from two competitors. That's NEEDED in the league...

And since when did Wade not carry himself in a professinal manner? The dude isn't smug in the least bit. He's worked himself from the ground up..

This is your opinon, not going to knock it heavily, but really don't get the focal point of the comparison and the retarded reasons IMO (no offense) in what's lead you to have a higher respect for one or another in any case.

I'm partial to Dwyane Wade as he plays for my favorite team, but if someone made a post as to why they respect either or better/ or on the flip, slighting Lebron style per say (for whatever reasons) , and crediting Wade for how he presents himself, I'd think that would be stupid as well..

For the simple fact that both of these young dudes carry themselves like professionals..No one can prove otherwise.

And also with you saying you believe Wade is a better player than Lebron but you have 'more respect' for Bron, On the flip side I believe [no bias] Bron is actually better than Wade a little bit when you account the fact that he probably has a higher ceiling at this point, with the maturity that he's shown in his game so early as he has today..

Both these dudes have a high respect and hold eachother in high regard, they actually devoloped quite the friendship as well. Both of them are and have been dubbed the future of the league..So all in all this is pointless to me...

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 06-14-2007 at 10:47 AM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:24 PM   #39
Yaosonegoodear
Banned

Yaosonegoodear has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANNIBAL SMITH
doesn't need or just doesn't get?

Yaosonegoodear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:26 AM   #40
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

So basically you prefer your basketball players to have no personality and no intensity.

Personally I like character. I mean honestly, when did it become a crime to be yourself?
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:31 AM   #41
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
So basically you prefer your basketball players to have no personality and no intensity.

Personally I like character. I mean honestly, when did it become a crime to be yourself?
having no personality is a type of personality

and as far as I am concered I just prefer my players to win...i could care less what they act like off the court...
Old 06-14-2007, 02:50 AM   #42
wozzler
I hit open 5-footers

wozzler has an OK reputation so far

both lebron and wade are very professional from what i've seen, why do you think they get all the advertisements? and i cant believe you people are having a go at wade for getting FT's, if he's good at it and it works, why not do it? it's not like hes hurting anyone.
wozzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:52 AM   #43
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
having no personality is a type of personality

Only if it is your personality. Every now and then LeBron actually shows a bit of himself. He is basically hiding himself. I find it annoying, pretentious and just plain stupid. What is so bad about you that you have to hide it from the world?
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:55 AM   #44
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozzler
i cant believe you people are having a go at wade for getting FT's, if he's good at it and it works, why not do it? it's not like hes hurting anyone.
it hurts the game in general...

that is like saying if a wide reciver can go deep and constantly draw pass interferance then why not do it?....because it is angling the rules to work in your favor rather than using your skills the way it is ment to be played. the way the refs were treating Wade made it impossible for dallas to even try to play defense...Dallas was pretty much forced to just let him drive and score.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:57 AM   #45
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Only if it is your personality. Every now and then LeBron actually shows a bit of himself. He is basically hiding himself. I find it annoying, pretentious and just plain stupid. What is so bad about you that you have to hide it from the world?
he is trying to act professonal just like every athlete in the world minus Dennis Rodman and Artest.

what do you want him to do a cartwheel?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: