Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-13-2007, 06:39 PM   #16
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: If Lebron gets swept, will he still be up there in the rankings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeguykid

Dwayne Wade

Dwyane Wade*
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #17
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I give him props for getting to the finals, but frankly the east is week. Players better than Lebron

1. Kobe
2. Tracy McGrady
3. Wade
4. Vince Carter

5. Dirk

Big men that are better than him include:

Kevin Garnett
Duncan

PG better than him:

Steve Nash
both of these guys have a way better supporting cast and they didn't make it pas the 2nd round. What's the excuse for them?
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:45 PM   #18
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
both of these guys have a way better supporting cast and they didn't make it pas the 2nd round. What's the excuse for them?

Wade had was not in good shape from injury, burnt out Shaq.

Vince has Jkidd, his team sucks other than that.

There really is no excuse but that they just lost because there team didn't play good. It doesn't change the fact they are better players.

EDIT: Tmac and Kobe didn't make it past the first round and they don't really need explanations to why they are better. Their games speak for themselves.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:53 PM   #19
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
I give him props for getting to the finals, but frankly the east is week. Players better than Lebron

1. Kobe
2. Tracy McGrady
3. Wade
4. Vince Carter
5. Dirk

Kevin Garnett
Duncan

PG better than him:

Steve Nash

You have T-Mac on that list... Look, if you want to have a serious discussion, be serious, otherwise I'd rather not waste my time... Vince Carter...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #20
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Quote:

1. Kobe
2. Tracy McGrady
3. Wade
4. Vince Carter
5. Dirk

Kevin Garnett
Duncan

PG better than him:

Steve Nash

Vince? Seriously? Vince can't matchup with Lebron. Vince is doesn't have good leadership skills at all, and is not as talented as Lebron.

...anyway. Yes, Lebron will still be up there in the rankings. Remember, people expected the Cavs to lose to the Spurs in this series, and still credited Lebron for leading them all the way there. Lebron is not going to be ranked down any just because the Cavs couldn't win a game against the most experienced Finals team in the NBA. The Spurs are using their experience on the big stage against a young, incomplete team. Think about it: How simple is the concept of the Spurs' overall defensive game plan?

Last edited by dawsey6 : 06-13-2007 at 07:15 PM.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:06 PM   #21
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Tracy McGrady is so much better than Lebron is no even debatable. Tracy can shoot the three, is clutch, a scoring champion, always comes through.

He doesn't have games where he scores 2 points. He contributes. Lebron can be shut down, Tmac can only be stopped when he has an off night.

Man people have been having Lebron commercials shoved down their throats for so long they think he is some great player.

Why is it McGrady has to hit 13 points in 35 seconds to beat the Spurs to get recognition, only to be forgotten when he isn't in the spot light. Then Lebron gets shut down repeatedly by the Spurs and he is some phenom.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #22
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Tracy McGrady is so much better than Lebron is no even debatable. Tracy can shoot the three, is clutch, a scoring champion, always comes through.

He doesn't have games where he scores 2 points. He contributes. Lebron can be shut down, Tmac can only be stopped when he has an off night.

Man people have been having Lebron commercials shoved down their throats for so long they think he is some great player.

Why is it McGrady has to hit 13 points in 35 seconds to beat the Spurs to get recognition, only to be forgotten when he isn't in the spot light. Then Lebron gets shut down repeatedly by the Spurs and he is some phenom.

Nope T-MAc has fallen off since his back...he isnt nearly the same player now.... Still better than Vince though...

Wing Players Better than Bron:

1. Kobe
2. Wade
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:21 PM   #23
-primetime-

wade shouldn't be in anyone's top 5 imo

should be something like this even after the Spurs sweep the Cavs

1. Duncan
2. Kobe
3. Lebron
4. Garnett
5. Dirk
6. Nash
7. now maybe we can start talking Wade but me personally, I would still rather have Mello, Amare, or Yao
Old 06-13-2007, 07:36 PM   #24
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
wade shouldn't be in anyone's top 5 imo

should be something like this even after the Spurs sweep the Cavs

1. Duncan
2. Kobe
3. Lebron
4. Garnett
5. Dirk
6. Nash
7. now maybe we can start talking Wade but me personally, I would still rather have Mello, Amare, or Yao
First Wade is better than Nash and Dirk and you rather have Melo, Amare, and Yao over wade wow! I hope that was your preference cuz if you think that yao, melo and amare are better than wade than thats just dumb.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:38 PM   #25
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Quote:

Really? Is he that much better? So much that it's not even debatable? Wow that's a long shot statement. You say all this like you're blowing steam. Lebron and Tracy are both people; they have off-days, and what the hell are you talking about two points? Plus, do you really think that finishing well in the top 10 in the player rankings supports your reasoning as "forgetten"? Plus, personally, I don't really like the LBJ commercials anymore than any other player's, but I still think that Tracy and Lebron are on the same level overall. With Tracy, you lose with talent. With Lebron, you lose with experience.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:47 PM   #26
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

Of course it affects him.

Spurs have gave him the mid range shot every game and he has yet to make them pay. If this was D.Wade or Kobe then i think they'd be making the spurs pay.

This series exposed his mid range game .Everyone thought he was lurking in Kobe/Wade territory.
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:47 PM   #27
JoHnShOeZ1492
LeBron for 12 MVP

JoHnShOeZ1492 has an OK reputation so far

how can you compare him to anyone? he's only 22 and he's not even at his prime yett though a big time king james fan, please stop comparing him to these veterans that are in there prime
JoHnShOeZ1492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:50 PM   #28
chopchop20
National High School Star

chopchop20 has decent reputation

I take overall skill into consideration when I rate players:

1.) Kobe
2.) Duncan
3.) KG
4.) Wade
5.) Lebron
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:51 PM   #29
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
First Wade is better than Nash and Dirk and you rather have Melo, Amare, and Yao over wade wow! I hope that was your preference cuz if you think that yao, melo and amare are better than wade than thats just dumb.
yeah I know I am in the minority with that but I look at it this way...

If I was going to start my own NBA team I would want to begin with a player that I can build around...all of the players I listed are easier to build around that Wade.

There are also a couple other knocks I have on Wade...

1. Now we have to question his health and weather or not he is injury prone.

2. Did we forget that Shaq took that team to the playoffs this year without him and when he got back they were still a first round out....IN THE EAST

3. He has been hyped to hell...him and Barkley are on every damn comercial on TV.

4. (jmo) I look at his ring and say to myself.....WHISTLE!!!!

he is a great player and I do have him as a top 10 player in the NBA....but he is not top 3 or 5 like some of you are thinking.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:55 PM   #30
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop20
I take overall skill into consideration when I rate players:

1.) Kobe
2.) Duncan
3.) KG
4.) Wade
5.) Lebron
this is what I hate about ISH...

just a few days ago there were 100 threads comparing Lebron to Jordan and how amazing it is that he lead a bunch of scrubs to the Finals and the 48 points and this and that...

now that they are losing to the Spurs suddenly everyone has him below fu-cking WADE!!!....

It would be the Heat playing in the Finals right now if Lebron was on that team instead of Wade....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: