Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #31
chopchop20
National High School Star

chopchop20 has decent reputation
Default Re: If Lebron gets swept, will he still be up there in the rankings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
this is what I hate about ISH...

just a few days ago there were 100 threads comparing Lebron to Jordan and how amazing it is that he lead a bunch of scrubs to the Finals and the 48 points and this and that...

now that they are losing to the Spurs suddenly everyone has him below fu-cking WADE!!!....

It would be the Heat playing in the Finals right now if Lebron was on that team instead of Wade....

Wade has a RING. He's had a great Finals series last year, LeBron isn't having a great one this year. So naturally, that's gonna influence people's opinions.
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #32
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop20
Wade has a RING. He's had a great Finals series last year, LeBron isn't having a great one this year. So naturally, that's gonna influence people's opinions.
and those opinions would be wrong....

I have said it before and I will say it again:

There isn't a single GM in the NBA that would take Wade over Lebron.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:24 PM   #33
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I give him props for getting to the finals, but frankly the east is week. Players better than Lebron

1. Kobe
2. Tracy McGrady
3. Wade
4. Vince Carter
5. Dirk

Big men that are better than him include:

Kevin Garnett
Duncan

@ Dirk being in the guard list and not being included in the "big men" category, and it still being 100% reasonable
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:37 PM   #34
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
@ Dirk being in the guard list and not being included in the "big men" category, and it still being 100% reasonable

Dirk plays like a small forward, he can put the ball on the floor. He plays more like Lebron than KG or Duncan, so you lose on that one.

You guys lose faith in T mac. He always comes back from the injuries and plays like nothing happend. The only problem is that he does't play because of injuries.

Lebron is young, and McGrady is getting old. When Lebron is at Tmacs age though he won't be as good. That's what I'm saying.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #35
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop20

Wade averaged 36 PPG in his Finals appearance

LeBron vs Spurs: 21.3 on 36% shooting
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:42 PM   #36
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not a Lebron James fan, but having said that, a sweep in his first finals appearance won't drop his status in the all-time rankings. He's only 4 years into his career and already in the NBA finals. If anything, people (mainly analysts) will be making excuses for him once the Spurs finish off this series.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #37
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
and those opinions would be wrong....

I have said it before and I will say it again:

There isn't a single GM in the NBA that would take Wade over Lebron.

Quit blabbering .
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:57 PM   #38
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
Quit blabbering .
you think I am wrong in saying that?

you think there is a GM that would rather have Wade than Lebron?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:58 PM   #39
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I'm not a Lebron James fan, but having said that, a sweep in his first finals appearance won't drop his status in the all-time rankings. He's only 4 years into his career and already in the NBA finals. If anything, people (mainly analysts) will be making excuses for him once the Spurs finish off this series.

The EXCUSES have already started. I laugh every time I hear some tool on ESPN say that LeBron isn't scoring because he's being "double-teamed."

Apparently LeBron James is the ONLY superstar player who gets double-teamed in the NBA.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:58 PM   #40
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Quote:
you think I am wrong in saying that?

you think there is a GM that would rather have Wade than Lebron?

I don't know if you're wrong. You just sound bias. Steve Kerr said he'd rather have Wade then LeBron last year, so there 1.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:00 PM   #41
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
I don't know if you're wrong. You just sound bias. Steve Kerr said he'd rather have Wade then LeBron last year, so there 1.
he wouldn't say that this year...

not after that injury
Old 06-13-2007, 11:02 PM   #42
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why is the thread titled "If Lebron gets swept"? I didnt know that Lebron was playing the Spurs 1 on 5. Is the team called the Cleveland Lebron's now? It is not his fault that he plays on a poorly coach team that is laughable on the offensive end. He is playing against the most efficient, best defensive, and most well-coached team in the league.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #43
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I didnt know that Lebron was playing the Spurs 1 on 5. Is the team called the Cleveland Lebron's now?
he is and it is...
Old 06-13-2007, 11:08 PM   #44
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
he is and it is...
Wrong. And you can't seriously tell me there isn't one GM that would pick Wade over Lebron. Just one. I guarantee you more than one would choose Wade.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:09 PM   #45
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Quote:
he wouldn't say that this year...

not after that injury

Ok and you know that
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: