Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-09-2006, 10:12 AM   #31
Suns4Life
Hey-OOOOOOOOO

Suns4Life has decent reputation

And by massive you mean a regular game, 12 man roster, 5on5. Man that is like jason kidd's son's head massive
Suns4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #32
Durant Durant
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Durant Durant has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarJordan
It WILL be a reality over the next 10-20 years. It has to do with technology. If in the next 10 years, you can get a plane to do London to New York in 3 hours then it won't be a big deal.

Travel won't be a big deal but how many big time FA's will leave America to play in England or France? I just don't see it happening.
Durant Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:40 AM   #33
Durant Durant

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
maybe Stern wants to establish several leagues around the world independent of one another.

such as NBA North America, NBA Europe, NBA Asia, etc...

and keep them separate until a massive ASG

Established teams wouldn't let the USA just take over basketball like that.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #34
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Montreal to me deserves a team, it's the biggest market in North America that doesn't have an NBA team (it's much larger than many cities that do have teams), and with the growing popularity of basketball in France, it would be a great middle-man for French fans to gain interest in an NBA franchise
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:24 AM   #35
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durant Durant
Established teams wouldn't let the USA just take over basketball like that.

but with Stern's massive powers of corporate takeovers, shouldn't he be able to do it anyway? and then as his product becomes more popular, he phases out the Euroleagues and then incorporates their best playeurs into his system?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:28 AM   #36
Durant Durant

Quote:
but with Stern's massive powers of corporate takeovers, shouldn't he be able to do it anyway? and then as his product becomes more popular, he phases out the Euroleagues and then incorporates their best playeurs into his system?

I think the NBA would get a bad reputation if that happened....I don't think it's possible with all the money involved and the backlash of an American world takeover of professional basketball.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:38 AM   #37
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Do you lecture MBA students at Wharton?

Tell me more about Stern's "Massive Powers of Corporate Takeovers" I didn't know he had a side job.

BTW for all the posties out there who said Van Grizz had poor leadership lets just remember the fact that Stu Jackson, the NBAs senior VP of operations was the Grizzlies GM and President of BBall operations. He is a highly respected man in the NBA and if Vancouver couldnt make it work with him on board dont expect the NBA to go running back there anytime soon.

I love Vancouver, but they blew it.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:02 PM   #38
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

Tell me more about Stern's "Massive Powers of Corporate Takeovers" I didn't know he had a side job.

BTW for all the posties out there who said Van Grizz had poor leadership lets just remember the fact that Stu Jackson, the NBAs senior VP of operations was the Grizzlies GM and President of BBall operations. He is a highly respected man in the NBA and if Vancouver couldnt make it work with him on board dont expect the NBA to go running back there anytime soon.

merely a thought. no need to get so sensitive. anyway, back to the OP's thoughts, establishing a worldwide integrated league will not only be cumbersome, but also immensely difficult on the players to travel around the world.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #39
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

We don't need to add foreign countries to our league, thats what we have the Olympics for
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #40
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far

Vancouver is a great city, and I was sad that the NBA didn't work there. Maybe they can place an NBA in another Canadian province, such as Quebec or Alberta. How does the Calgary _____ or the Montreal ________ sound?
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:29 PM   #41
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

Dude are you on crack? Stu Jackson sucked azz as a GM, the dumbb azz drafted PG's 3 years in a row and made Reeves the first pick in franchise history. Then he traded Francis for a package that was headed up by Othello Harrington. Jackson is a complete fool. Who the f..ck respects Stu Jackson?
You must be 19 or something STFU.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:33 PM   #42
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer
Dude are you on crack? Stu Jackson sucked azz as a GM, the dumbb azz drafted PG's 3 years in a row and made Reeves the first pick in franchise history. Then he traded Francis for a package that was headed up by Othello Harrington. Jackson is a complete fool. Who the f..ck respects Stu Jackson?
You must be 19 or something STFU.

The NBA head office people who hired him and made him VP of Operations, the same guys who decide on expansion.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #43
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durant Durant
I'm sure everyone here has heard Stern ramble on in an interview about how he wants to in the next ten years have a team or multiple teams outside North America and nobody seems to question him about it and it drives me nuts.

- Could you imagine the travel if a team played in Europe? Having to fly back and forth?
- Why would an American want to move out of the USA and play so far away from friends and family?

NBA fans in China and in Europe can just purchase an NBA TV package, no FA's are going to want to sign out in Europe, the whole concept is ridiculous and I wish Stern would keep the game here.

Please tell me how I can watch the nba in norway? becaus I cant get it now
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:18 PM   #44
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

boshraptor4life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
Winnipeg couldn't support a hockey team, let alone a basketball one. I'd just as soon add another team in Toronto. In Scarborough, no less. Call it 'Boro Gangstaz.

Times have changed, Winnipegs economy is much better now, as well as Quebec City and Potentially an Alberta team, either Calgary or Edmonton.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:31 PM   #45
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
It WILL be a reality over the next 10-20 years. It has to do with technology. If in the next 10 years, you can get a plane to do London to New York in 3 hours then it won't be a big deal.

God you're a fcukin idiot. Why don't you tell us about this new fancy commercial airplane technology that will allow us to go from New York to London in three hours? The god damn Concorde couldn't even do that. Dumbass.

The travel impact would be lessened with special scheduling. There would be maybe five European teams, and when American teams went there, they wouldn't play one game and leave, they would play a bunch of games over two or three weeks. The European teams would likely shuttle back and forth only a few times during a season.

It's useless though, it will never happen in any of our lifetimes. There isn't a single city outside the US or Canada that could support an NBA team, let alone five or six.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: