Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-14-2007, 05:23 PM   #106
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: [ESPN] Mike James for Juwan Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Throw in...nothing more than that. He'll be lucky if he remains on the roster.
Funny thing is, JVG would have loved him. Not sure about Rick.

He's a good defensive player. Kind of a tweener, though. I think we'll keep him.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #107
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

good trade for the Rockets.
Get a veteran guard who can score off the bench. Now what do they do with Rafer? It's pretty much obvious they will go for a big man since only Hayes is at the 4.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:27 PM   #108
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Apparently the Rockets are also getting Justin Reed. What's the deal with this guy? Any good?
Physical hustle player at the 3 spot. Good to throw in for 10 minutes a night. He runs the floor, throws his body around and tries as hard as he can all the time. A slightly smaller Ryan Bowen with more speed and more skill.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:30 PM   #109
Knoe Struh Damus
I Knew I'd Type This

Quote:
Hardly an exagerration. And tell me why Mike Jame didnt remain a Rocket again. Love to hear this. If you dont mind ole kind sir.

Uh...with that kind of logic, why is he becoming a Rocket again if he was so bad for them? Rockets thought they needed a pure PG and had to give up some value for Alston. Had nothing to do with the Rockets not liking James. And if you really thought James taking a few too many jumpers was why Houston lost to Dallas, I feel sorry for you because you must be the biggest fu*king idiot around.
Knoe Struh Damus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:01 PM   #110
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Struh Damus
Uh...with that kind of logic, why is he becoming a Rocket again if he was so bad for them? Rockets thought they needed a pure PG and had to give up some value for Alston. Had nothing to do with the Rockets not liking James. And if you really thought James taking a few too many jumpers was why Houston lost to Dallas, I feel sorry for you because you must be the biggest fu*king idiot around.

How many teams has Mike James played for again? Oh count the ways genius. This is similar to David Wesley being a Rocket and it not workin. Bonzi Wells and it not workin. We'll revisit this again and I'll enjoy your change of heart on Mike shoot til his palms are hurt James.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #111
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
How many teams has Mike James played for again? Oh count the ways genius. This is similar to David Wesley being a Rocket and it not workin. Bonzi Wells and it not workin. We'll revisit this again and I'll enjoy your change of heart on Mike shoot til his palms are hurt James.
I think you mean NBA champion Mike "Im Mike James Beatch" James

If nothing else, itll allow my houston friends to bring back that played out catchphrase.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:09 PM   #112
Fudge
ISH Bully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
good trade for the Rockets.
Get a veteran guard who can score off the bench. Now what do they do with Rafer? It's pretty much obvious they will go for a big man since only Hayes is at the 4.
Did you just say Mike James would score off the bench when Rafer gets traded? Say Wuhh?
He's starting no matter what, whether Rafer is or isn't leaving.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:10 PM   #113
fatboy11

David Wesley worked in Houston until he got too old to be effective. Now, he's not going to work out for anyone.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:15 PM   #114
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
David Wesley worked in Houston until he got too old to be effective. Now, he's not going to work out for anyone.

Yeah he worked out alright. How long was he around? 1yr 1/2. How effective? Oh when he arrived in Houston that rapid decline began. Go figure.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #115
Aidan
Both Teams Play Hard.

A Good trade for both teams IMO, it allows Houston to have another scoring option and gives Randy Foye more minute for the T'Wolves, along with a solid player. T'Wolves still have alot to do though.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:21 PM   #116
fatboy11

Quote:
Yeah he worked out alright. How long was he around? 1yr 1/2. How effective? Oh when he arrived in Houston that rapid decline began. Go figure.
That right there shows that you don't know what the fu*k you are talking about.

Come back when you do.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:23 PM   #117
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
That right there shows that you don't know what the fu*k you are talking about.

Come back when you do.

No it shows a fan of a team where a player arrives is spinning positive. Get a clue, David Wesley was a joke in Houston. Enjoy Mike James...I'll keep you and others in mind when I'm there to feed you some good ole hearty HUMBLE PIE.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #118
Knoe Struh Damus
I Knew I'd Type This

Uh, what rapid decline happened when David Wesley got here? I'm pretty sure when Jim Jackson was traded for him, the Rockets went on a big winning streak. I don't see the connection anyway, Wesley was an undersized 2, not a PG, and was a lot less talented than Mike. But hey, this is GoBB who bashes all offseason moves unless you're signing Shaq or Tim Duncan.
Knoe Struh Damus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:07 PM   #119
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Struh Damus
Uh, what rapid decline happened when David Wesley got here? I'm pretty sure when Jim Jackson was traded for him, the Rockets went on a big winning streak. I don't see the connection anyway, Wesley was an undersized 2, not a PG, and was a lot less talented than Mike. But hey, this is GoBB who bashes all offseason moves unless you're signing Shaq or Tim Duncan.
Exactly.

We went on a huge tear when we acquired David Wesley. I remember I hated the move. We gave up Jimmy and Boki. I hated it. Then he just gelled so well with the team and we were playing much better basketball. It wasn't like he wasn't playing. I believe he was starting. His run was short lived, but I think it was a good move even hindsight. Boki wouldn't have flourished under JVG like he did Frank so I can live with that end of it as well. But hey, what do I know? I'm only a huge fan of the team.

I also agree with GoBB disdain for role player offseason moves. He's all about the All-Stars.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:12 PM   #120
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:

GOBB, stick to the 76ers, seriously.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: