Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-14-2007, 12:02 AM   #16
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kobe vs the Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
I guess I don't see the irony in my post then. Probably because its 11:55 P.M at the moment.

So you're saying, "If Kobe is good against Bowen, then why isn't he good against Phoenix?".

Right?

No, since I have to spell it out, I'm essentially saying:

"A thread like this, which seeks to tacitly dump on one player in the interest of promoting another player, serves absolutely no purpose and should never have been created. Acting as if Kobe's game is flawless, and employing hyperbole like 'he can do whatever he wants', only makes people want to show you that no, he can't do what he wants. And one of the things he apparently can't do is score in the second half/4th quarter of playoff games."

I basically employed the same tactic the thread starter did, except I used it against Kobe, to illustrate his own shortcomings. Understand? If you can't handle anyone pointing out the flaws in Kobe's game, then it would behoove you to not start or promote threads whose sole purpose is to denigrate another player and promote Kobe.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:04 AM   #17
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki

I basically employed the same tactic the thread starter did, except I used it against Kobe, to illustrate his own shortcomings. Understand? If you can't handle anyone pointing out the flaws in Kobe's game, then it would behoove you to not start or promote threads whose sole purpose is to denigrate another player and promote Kobe.

Understood. :rollingeyes:
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:06 AM   #18
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
1/11/07:

Lebron goes 6-9 in the 4th for 13 points against Phoenix

1/29/06:

Lebron scores 14 points in the 4th on 6-8 FG in the 4th quarter against Phoenix.

1/14/06:

Lebron scores 10 in the 4th on 3-5 FG vs. Phoenix.

Just a reminder that the Suns' 4th quarter defense is not impenetrable. I was beginning to wonder, what with Kobe's dismal 4.5 points per 4th quarter on 30% shooting in the Suns series aside from game 3.

Loki my man, you don't even need all this jargon!!!

This is what i'm saying to you, don't take life too seriously.

This kid is probably 14 years old and the words SHAQ, DRAW DOUBLE TEAM, are enough to prove him wrong.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:08 AM   #19
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

I love how Kobe has become so much of a target, entire halves of his games are no longer relevant. No one else.

Kobe's got the least amount of mileage of any star player out there. Only 24mpg.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:16 AM   #20
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Kobe should have changed his name from 8 to 1 because he is #1.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:22 AM   #21
artest 93
Local High School Star

artest 93 has decent reputationartest 93 has decent reputation

yikes the kobe ******** are back, especially now that lebron is getting a beating. run run run.
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:22 AM   #22
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Good thing the Spurs didn't play the Lakers in the first round, huh?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:23 AM   #23
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
Kobe should have changed his name from 8 to 1 because he is #1.

Number you mean.

And Do I have to spell out the Player who wears number 1?

If you don't know who wears number 1 on the Lakers, then you don't know sh!t about the Lakers.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:25 AM   #24
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Good thing the Spurs didn't play the Lakers in the first round, huh?

Kobe would've definitely scored more than 21.3 points per game and shot better than 36%.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:26 AM   #25
chopchop20

chopchop20 has decent reputation

Quote:
No, since I have to spell it out, I'm essentially saying:

"A thread like this, which seeks to tacitly dump on one player in the interest of promoting another player, serves absolutely no purpose and should never have been created. Acting as if Kobe's game is flawless, and employing hyperbole like 'he can do whatever he wants', only makes people want to show you that no, he can't do what he wants. And one of the things he apparently can't do is score in the second half/4th quarter of playoff games."

That's where you're wrong, Loki. I didn't start the thread to dump on LeBron. Trust me, I'm a LeBron fan. But I do love to get s**** started when I'm bored.

Besides, as u can see from the clips, Kobe's game speak for itsself.
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:29 AM   #26
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop20
That's where you're wrong, Loki. I didn't start the thread to dump on LeBron. Trust me, I'm a LeBron fan. But I do love to get s**** started when I'm bored.

Besides, as u can see from the clips, Kobe's game speak for itsself.

I heard there was a Kobe for Sheed trade Chopchop...Lakers may have to throw in Bynum to make it work
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:29 AM   #27
SsKSpurs21

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
And Do I have to spell out the Player who wears number 1?

If you don't know who wears number 1 on the Lakers, then you don't know sh!t about the Lakers.

i never claimed i knew everything about the lakers. i also dont want to know everything there is about the lakers. as you are aware, iam not a laker fan, so i could care less about the lakers.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:30 AM   #28
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
I heard there was a Kobe for Sheed trade Chopchop...Lakers may have to throw in Bynum to make it work

I'd say. That sheed is going to the Knicks.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:31 AM   #29
chopchop20

chopchop20 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

Dude the Sheed for Marion trade is legit -- talkwise at least.
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:02 AM   #30
baller562
I airball my layups

baller562 has an OK reputation so far

kobe's best game against the spurs that i remember
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vb5eifJpD-Q

bad quality but all the highlights.... his breaking out game into elite status.
baller562 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: