Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-14-2007, 02:08 AM   #31
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kobe vs the Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
Kobe should have changed his name from 8 to 1 because he is #1.
24 is good, it's over Jordan's!
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:11 AM   #32
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop20
Dude the Sheed for Marion trade is legit -- talkwise at least.

How do we take chopchop seriously
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:14 AM   #33
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Why is it that Lakers fans are just so much more retarded than any other team?

Is it like there is an IQ test to be a Clippers fan and if you fail you are automatically a Laker fan? I mean it is like 1/100 that are even bareable and even a few of those gifted ones are slightly retarded(I still love you LR). I mean for every LL there are 50 chopchops.

No other team, even Dallas(which has the excuse of being in Texas ;)) and New York(again it's New York) have as many completely retarded fans.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:24 AM   #34
Sun Devil
I brick open layups

Sun Devil has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Just a reminder that the Spurs defense is not inpenetrable

Kobe Bryant 42 points against the Spurs in the playoffs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfDCu...elated&search=

WOW...

Props to Kobe, that dude went nuts on the Spurs in that game...

I happen to think that that Spurs team is alot better than this Spurs team defensively also and Bowen was odviously quicker and a better defender than he is now.

2004 Kobe > LeBron 2007

and maybe even...

22 year old Kobe > 22 year old LeBron
Sun Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:17 AM   #35
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Devil
WOW...

Props to Kobe, that dude went nuts on the Spurs in that game...

I happen to think that that Spurs team is alot better than this Spurs team defensively also and Bowen was odviously quicker and a better defender than he is now.

2004 Kobe > LeBron 2007

and maybe even...

22 year old Kobe > 22 year old LeBron

Once Lebron gets that jumper going, he'll be able to easily hang great numbers on teams like the Spurs. Bryant's strengths, specifically his jumper, are things the Spurs generally have a hard time defending. Once Lebron forces defenders to start playing close in order to contest his jumper, he'll be deadlier because of his ability to then explode past defenders and they won't be able to dictate which driving lanes he gets as frequently as they do now.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:22 AM   #36
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

And shaq had nothing to do with that? Duncan wasn't there to help on kobe when bowen got beat because he had to keep a body on shaq. Lebron is the only one that can make a shot on that cav team.

The spurs focused on stopping shaq, kobe was a 2nd option. Lebron is the only option.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:30 AM   #37
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Once Lebron gets that jumper going, he'll be able to easily hang great numbers on teams like the Spurs. Bryant's strengths, specifically his jumper, are things the Spurs generally have a hard time defending. Once Lebron forces defenders to start playing close in order to contest his jumper, he'll be deadlier because of his ability to then explode past defenders and they won't be able to dictate which driving lanes he gets as frequently as they do now.
Do you remember at the beginning of the year when bron was shooting like a mad man? He was shooting like 48% on pretty much all jumpers, he was number 1 in the race for the mvp for a couple months.

Anyway people were criticizing him for shooting two many jumpers, he stopped and his percentage went up, but now I kinda wish he would have keep shooting.

His J was MONEY!
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #38
Hardtop Hero
I hit open 5-footers

Hardtop Hero has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Why is it that Lakers fans are just so much more retarded than any other team?

Is it like there is an IQ test to be a Clippers fan and if you fail you are automatically a Laker fan? I mean it is like 1/100 that are even bareable and even a few of those gifted ones are slightly retarded(I still love you LR). I mean for every LL there are 50 chopchops.

No other team, even Dallas(which has the excuse of being in Texas ;)) and New York(again it's New York) have as many completely retarded fans.

Complete truth.
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:25 AM   #39
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I love how Kobe has become so much of a target, entire halves of his games are no longer relevant. No one else.

Kobe's got the least amount of mileage of any star player out there. Only 24mpg.

Oh, they're relevant -- just not as relevant as the second halves, since, you know, that's when the majority of games are decided.

Quote:
But I do love to get s**** started when I'm bored.

Well, at least you own up to it.

Quote:
Besides, as u can see from the clips, Kobe's game speak for itsself.

9.8 points per second half on 31% shooting and 4.5 points per 4th quarter on 30% shooting for Kobe vs. Phoenix this postseason excluding game 3. That speaks for itself, too. :)
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:42 AM   #40
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Do you remember at the beginning of the year when bron was shooting like a mad man? He was shooting like 48% on pretty much all jumpers, he was number 1 in the race for the mvp for a couple months.

Anyway people were criticizing him for shooting two many jumpers, he stopped and his percentage went up, but now I kinda wish he would have keep shooting.

His J was MONEY!

Lol, I actually don't remember that...

Lebron ended the season shooting 47.6% while shooting 47.8% for the first two months of the season.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:43 AM   #41
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

1. I hate these kind of threads at this particular time
2. I hate irrational people. You"ll recognize yourselfs
3. I hate people insecure about their superstars, again you"ll recognize yourselfs.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:48 AM   #42
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
I guess I don't see the irony in my post then. Probably because its 11:55 P.M at the moment.

So you're saying, "If Kobe is good against Bowen, then why isn't he good against Phoenix?".

Right?

Um yes. It's your fault you're too dense to get the irony.

I'll explain it to you in a simple way...

Chopchop starts a thread saying "Lebron can't do this against Bowen, Kobe can, so Kobe is better."

Seeing it's absurb to compare like that, Loki brings up facts and numbers to reverse the logic on Kobe. "Kobe couldn't score on the Suns in the 4th, Lebron did"

But you don't get it. You couldn't understand why Loki would bring that up....

EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:55 AM   #43
chopchop20
National High School Star

chopchop20 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly

I think it's more than just the jumper. LeBron does not seem to have an attacking mindset. It's cool to get your teammates involved and I like his passing skills. But he has got to realize that he's not playing with great players.

Being the star that he is, LeBron needs to assert himself more at times. He can't shy away from taking shots even if he misses. Nobody's perfect and all the greats have missed shots. It's kinda like Charles and Kenny said, LeBron is the most talented player on the court. To me, he just needs to believe it and let shoot those jumpshots with confidence.
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #44
chopchop20
National High School Star

chopchop20 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
Chopchop starts a thread saying "Lebron can't do this against Bowen, Kobe can, so Kobe is better."

No. Most people who know basketball already know who's better. I started the thread because I knew that it would start a good argument.
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:05 AM   #45
Hardtop Hero
I hit open 5-footers

Hardtop Hero has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
No. Most people who know basketball already know who's better. I started the thread because I knew that it would start a good argument.

You started this thread because you're another insecure, braindead Bryant fan.

Look at the kind of garbage threads you guys have created recently:

"Kobe vs the Spurs"
"to those who think Tim Duncan is the greatest.......
"How many rings would Kobe win on the Spurs"

etc.

No one else does this type of crap.
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: