Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #106
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kobe vs the Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Its just pathetic the lengths you'll go to, to find ways to 'demonize' him. Minimizing his entire games to a half is a standard never before kept to any other player by anyone, just you.

Umm, it's pretty piss poor play to perform in the second halves of games the way Kobe did this postseason. Besides, my entire introduction of that fact was intended to play off the OP's post. I could have just as easily done a "see Kobe? It is possible to shoot 47% for a season" post, but I'm sure I would've caught flak for that too. Fact is, some people can't handle it when others attack Kobe, but someone like the OP attacks Lebron and you're silent.

Quote:
And then there was your whole "JO and Camby is a top 5 backcourt EVER!" crap.

I only said top 5 defensively, and I amended that anyway after consideration to a top 10 defensive frontcourt all-time. Go read the thread again.

Quote:
And then your "Kobe cant win without a 20-10 big man LOL!" stuff. When things like this come out of your mouth, it makes me wonder how you can sit there with a straight face, and try to tell people you have any objectivity at all when it comes to him, and aren't an incredible hypocrite.

I'm not a hypocrite at all, but I have never once claimed objectivity where it concerns Kobe. I say what's on my mind. And playing with a 20/10 big man was only one of the few ways he could win more than one more ring, not the only way.

Quote:
Its flat out amazing you can do that.

Hey, what can I say?

Quote:
You can make the most biased, hypocritical, idiotic claims, and yet people will still entertain you because "at least he's not knoe it all", even though at least knoe isnt obsessively sitting there for every Laker game refreshing a yahoo boxscore every 5 seconds with Jordan dvd's and stat sheets from the past 20 years within arms reach, and more posts in Laker gamethreads than Laker fans have. Speaking of which, who's your team again? I don't even know and you have almost 3x my posts.

You toss the word "hypocrite" around a lot, yet you have never once demonstrated hypocrisy on my part. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if you know what it means. A lack of objectivity, sure, I've never denied that at all. But hypocrisy? Go read Webster's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtop Hero
What's even more pathetic is that you apparently have some sense, yet you'll refuse to call out obvious idiots that make these garbage Bryant threads and instead attack someone who's posting as a RESULT of this nonsense.

Exactly. That's what's most humorous about all this. And he calls me a hypocrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
That's why we must appreciate neutral folks like Maxfly, KBlaze, Gobb, SskSpurs, Da Ko King, SAKF etc.

I think that makes about 5 people who defended MaxFly as "objective and neutral" as it concerns Kobe -- unsurprisingly, they're all Laker/Kobe fans.

Last edited by Loki : 06-14-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #107
HANNIBAL SMITH
Decent playground baller

HANNIBAL SMITH has an OK reputation so far

Ho hum, another Kobe love/hate thread. Yawns, may as well change the name of this board to insidekobehoops or sumthin. You got the riders and the haterz constantly starting topics about this man, writing college essays and ***** on why they love him, hate him. Get a fuccin life my dudes. smh

Last edited by HANNIBAL SMITH : 06-14-2007 at 07:27 PM. Reason: because
HANNIBAL SMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #108
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Umm, it's pretty piss poor play to perform in the second halves of games the way Kobe did this postseason. Besides, my entire introduction of that fact was intended to play off the OP's post. I could have just as easily done a "see Kobe? It is possible to shoot 47% for a season" post, but I'm sure I would've caught flak for that too. Fact is, some people can't handle it when others attack Kobe, but someone like the OP attacks Lebron and you're silent.

First, why would you expect me to attack someone who attacked Lebron? I'm a Kobe fan, not a Lebron fan. I don't see you attacking Kobe detractors in every thread. Or anyone-detractors for that matter, unless its Jordan, or Bron/Wade compared to Kobe.

Second, i've defended Lebron before when compared to Kobe. I've said repeatedly I don't think there's a clearcut superior between the 2, and that i'm satisfied with whatever order people put them in, but that doesn't mean i'm going to go around hunting Lebron detractors wherever they pop up. I'm not a fan. Its not my job.

Third, if you bothered to read the first few posts, the threadstarter admitted he was just trolling and trying to piss people off purposely. I didn't take him seriously, and neither should anyone else have. But now i'm expected to yell at him just because? Please.

Quote:
I only said top 5 defensively, and I amended that anyway after consideration to a top 10 defensive frontcourt all-time. Go read the thread again.

Yeah, top 5 defensively, thats what I meant.

It doesn't matter if you amended it. In your fervor to detract from him, you came up with this ridiculous claim that said everything about your mindset regarding Kobe anyone needs to know. You'd call JO and Camby a top 5 def. backcourt in NBA history in order to detract from him. Your impetuousness on it and later retraction is only more damning. It just shows how anxious you are to take away from the guy, and how little you care about actually thinking through what you say, as long as it takes away from him as much as possible. Bravo.

Quote:
And playing with a 20/10 big man was only one of the few ways he could win more than one more ring, not the only way.

As it to imply no one else has had the equivalent or better. MJ himself had a HOF, top 50 ever small forward. That >>> 20/10 big man. You dont see people going "MJ needs a HOF, top 50 SF to win!!!". Its stupid, and dumb to lay down standards by which a player winning would be deemed impressive or not. Yet you do it. But only for Kobe. Hmmm...

Quote:
You toss the word "hypocrite" around a lot, yet you have never once demonstrated hypocrisy on my part. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if you know what it means. A lack of objectivity, sure, I've never denied that at all. But hypocrisy? Go read Webster's.

Hypocrites never think they are hypocrites. Just because you dont think you are one, doesn't mean I dont know what the word means. You are a hypocrite, of the worst order. You apply standards to Kobe you apply to no one else, you do it often, and then you point people to Roget's when they call you on it. Yeah, you're not a hypocrite when it comes to Kobe at all...
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: