Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #16
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: If you had a choice between...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
why do you say that? do you have proof that this will happen? or are you just spouting off?

based on the fact we won't have enough money to pay them.
Deng and Gordon can easily both make up to 8 - 10 mil per year
that's close to the value of Kobe already
so that if we actually did take Wallace in this deal
I don't see us keeping both

only if the bulls were to sign them to extension then trade to Lakers
then I would most likely want a deal with #9 + Deng + Gordon
or Duhon + Deng + Gordon while we give out one bad contract, someone like Cook

Last edited by hwliuLAP : 06-14-2007 at 03:21 PM.
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:00 PM   #17
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
based on the fact we won't have enough money to pay them.
Deng and Gordon can easily both make up to 8 - 10 mil per year
that's close to the value of Kobe already
so that if we actually did take Wallace in this deal
I don't see us keeping both

only if the bulls were to sign them to extension then trade to Lakers
then I would most likely want a deal with #9 + Deng + Gordon
or Duhon + Deng + Gordon while we give out one bad contract, someone like Cook
ahh ok i see where you were going... actually that wouldn't be a probelm because the lakers would have the option next year of signing them to an extension or a qualifying offer that they carry on the contract now.... then when it was time to sign them the lakers could actually offer them more than anybody else would be able to... so it's not a bad thing overall.. as far as wallce goes his contract was front loaded and actually will go down in the coming years and just when its time to resign deng and gordon his contract would be expiring so it wouldn't be fatal... and its better to have 20 million spread out over three players than it is one
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:12 PM   #18
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
ahh ok i see where you were going... actually that wouldn't be a probelm because the lakers would have the option next year of signing them to an extension or a qualifying offer that they carry on the contract now.... then when it was time to sign them the lakers could actually offer them more than anybody else would be able to... so it's not a bad thing overall.. as far as wallce goes his contract was front loaded and actually will go down in the coming years and just when its time to resign deng and gordon his contract would be expiring so it wouldn't be fatal... and its better to have 20 million spread out over three players than it is one

If you had to extend Deng and Gordon today, how much would you be willing to pay them? By way of reference, I think Chicago gave Heinrich $10m per.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #19
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
If you had to extend Deng and Gordon today, how much would you be willing to pay them? By way of reference, I think Chicago gave Heinrich $10m per.
i'm not sure probably in the 8 million range as suggested by hwliuLAP that's right there... but since you have two years to make that choice in reality you can see how they pan out and cross that bridge when you come to it...
Old 06-14-2007, 04:58 PM   #20
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i'm not sure probably in the 8 million range as suggested by hwliuLAP that's right there... but since you have two years to make that choice in reality you can see how they pan out and cross that bridge when you come to it...

I think this coming year is the final year of their contracts.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:38 PM   #21
MyLakers
I hit open 5-footers

MyLakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetriangle
Our current roster with no major tweaks

Or

Deng Gordon Odom Wallace/other variations of possible Bulls trade.

I would choose the latter.

In many ways I think this is not a fair question. Our current roster has more trade value than it does as a team. The Lakers have real trade assets in Lamar, Bynum and Brown. And given the existing climate in the NBA of quality players being on the trading block, the Lakers are only a few moves away from really competing for a title. Nearly all of the realistic trading ideas discussed in this forum and others, make the Lakers a far better team than they are right now.

BTW - As good as your trade idea is for the Lakers, why would the Bulls make this trade?

Last edited by MyLakers : 06-14-2007 at 06:42 PM.
MyLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #22
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
I think this coming year is the final year of their contracts.
no they have two years left, this coming season and the one to follow on the current contract
Old 06-14-2007, 07:15 PM   #23
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
no they have two years left, this coming season and the one to follow on the current contract

i'm confused. real gm says one year remaining.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #24
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
i'm confused. real gm says one year remaining.
hmmm welll i guess we'll find out...
Old 06-14-2007, 07:35 PM   #25
gts
Sons of Antartica

yeah that's what i was looking at, i'm trying to read up right now on qualifying offers...
Old 06-14-2007, 07:57 PM   #26
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

I think you are all drinking the Kool Aid, maybe its cognitive dissonance.

But, with that new lineup were never a championship team anyway. The current Bulls are better than that lineup would be and they couldn't even get out of the east. The big problem is there is no go-to guy. And don't try and tell me Gordon is one, because he is not. He can make big shots at the end of games, but he is either very on or very off, not a reliable consistent player. We will fall into the trap of a talented team with no superstar. Those teams never win!

Don't start trying to convince yourself that Kobe gone is good; its not!

I rather have Kobe and have some minor moves made this season and hope for the best. When he's on any team any given night you have a chance to win and be entertained. I can't imagine any trade scenario that I'm ok with that includes Kobe leaving.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #27
MyLakers
I hit open 5-footers

MyLakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerDynasty00

But, with that new lineup were never a championship team anyway. The current Bulls are better than that lineup would be and they couldn't even get out of the east. The big problem is there is no go-to guy. And don't try and tell me Gordon is one, because he is not. He can make big shots at the end of games, but he is either very on or very off, not a reliable consistent player. We will fall into the trap of a talented team with no superstar. Those teams never win!

I rather have Kobe and have some minor moves made this season and hope for the best. When he's on any team any given night you have a chance to win and be entertained. I can't imagine any trade scenario that I'm ok with that includes Kobe leaving.

I totally second that!!!!!!
MyLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:20 PM   #28
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerDynasty00

most people would love to keep kobe nobody is really disputing that, but your turning a blind eye to the situation, you have a player who has demanded a trade, he retracted the statment yet keeps the demand on the opening page of his website, he has also said to LA times writers he still wants a trade...

so if you think as you say "have Kobe and have some minor moves made this season and hope for the best." is the way to go your wrong, you can't afford to build around a player that's threatening to bolt and if you think that a couple minor moves will assage kobe's demands for the team to make moves your wrong again... maybe it's thou who should step back from the kool-aid counter and take a realistic view of the situation
Old 06-14-2007, 08:27 PM   #29
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
most people would love to keep kobe nobody is really disputing that, but your turning a blind eye to the situation, you have a player who has demanded a trade, he retracted the statment yet keeps the demand on the opening page of his website, he has also said to LA times writers he still wants a trade...

so if you think as you say "have Kobe and have some minor moves made this season and hope for the best." is the way to go your wrong, you can't afford to build around a player that's threatening to bolt and if you think that a couple minor moves will assage kobe's demands for the team to make moves your wrong again... maybe it's thou who should step back from the kool-aid counter and take a realistic view of the situation

I may be drinking KoolAid in my assessment of Kobe's trade value. I have no idea what his real value is. I like to think it's: Deng, Gordon, Wallace, and #9.
Maybe I'm smokin' something.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #30
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
I may be drinking KoolAid in my assessment of Kobe's trade value. I have no idea what his real value is. I like to think it's: Deng, Gordon, Wallace, and #9.
Maybe I'm smokin' something.
no not at all he's got a monster salary, at 20 million it's going to take alot to match up salaries from most teams...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: