Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 06-15-2007, 03:50 AM   #301
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA Finals: Spurs-Cavs Game 4

I'm glad they won, I'm glad Tony added to his euphoria, I'm glad Finley has a ring, I'm glad Timmy had his fourth, I'm glad Pop won again, I'm glad another banner will be raised in the Att&t, all in all, it was a good day.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:54 AM   #302
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Everyone remember the "play in the Finals or watch your child be born" discussion? If the kid was being born today and I was LeBron James, I think I'd attend the birth just to avoid this game...and on a happier note, congrats to LBJ and his family on their new-born child....unfortunately, it's too late to pretend that the mother is still in labor and you need to be there. Perhaps claim you need to stick by the lady for emotional bonding, or something? Just a thought.

nevermind playing in a historic series and being able to raise your child through college with more money from 1 game than your or my ass can earn in a year....i'm pretty sure his son/daughter will appreciate trying to win a championship over the day they were born and will never remember outside of history books....congrats on lebron bringing a pretty ****ty team to the NBA finals against an unbeatable west (a west whose teams would have beaten the west 4/5 teams....)
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:13 AM   #303
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
now a steal on james by duncan, that's what big time players do, shots not falling i'll do other things to lead us to victory, one of the oldest guys on the court showing the most hustle

That's a top-5 play of the series. Not just a swat down the lane (Malone style) to create a teal, but he simply picked his pocket (walt frazier style) on the perimeter.

Awesome. TD should play point.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 AM   #304
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Congratulations to the Spurs. The Cavs simply didn't belong in the same building as these guys. We didn't have the talent, heart, determination, or experience to hang with these guys.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:48 AM   #305
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Has there been any word on when the parade will be held?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #306
PCB Spurs Fan
I brick open layups

PCB Spurs Fan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Has there been any word on when the parade will be held?

http://www.ksat.com/sports/13509067/detail.html

Sunday in San Antonio. Not sure if it will be broadcast anywhere by SA though.
PCB Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:51 PM   #307
blazerftc
High School Varsity 6th Man

blazerftc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCB Spurs Fan
http://www.ksat.com/sports/13509067/detail.html

Sunday in San Antonio. Not sure if it will be broadcast anywhere by SA though.

First one is broadcast worthy. Second gets a whole segment on the evening news... #4?? Wouldn't that one just be a "been there, done that," kind of thing? Isn't that why "dynasties" are boring?
blazerftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:06 PM   #308
Kintotheizzo
Banned

Kintotheizzo has an OK reputation so far

He will win his NBA Championship someday.

One thing impressed me with James is his sportsmanship he really went to Spurs locker room to congratulate TD. Maybe because of the rules and policy made by Ex-Spur Danny Ferry (member of Spurs 2003 Championship team and currently Cavs GM) and Mike Brown (ex assistant of Popovic of Spurs).
Kintotheizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:17 PM   #309
DKaiser
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DKaiser has an OK reputation so far

Lebron has indeed become more humble since his swaggering days in high school. Back then, he made a lot of self-proclamations like "King James" or the "The Second Coming" and even tatooed "The Chosen One" on his back. He forgot that nicknames are supposed to be given by peers. However, after consistent bronze medal finishes (and getting nicknamed "Lebronze" in the European press), I guess he realised that there's still a lot more to be desired from his game.

True, he's one exceptional basketball talent with his size, power, and athleticism. He's come a long way from his erratic rookie year. The most important thing he probably learned is that he now knows what he needs to do to help his team. If he can add a little bit more to his offensive repertoire, he'd be totally unstoppable. Imagine if he developed a "baby hook shoot" and a 90% free-throw shooting! That'll be a nightmare for opposing teams.
DKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #310
Moose

Just wanted to says props to the Spurs for winning their 4th title.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: