Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-10-2018, 04:28 AM   #256
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: 9th Annual ISH Money League

Ballin never paid his entry and is now likely 0-1

I want a refund.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:12 AM   #257
FUTØN
Good High School Starter

ballinhun don't let us down

weird first week but hopefully I'll get the W, thanks for leaving Cobb on the bench PT. No clue what I'm going to do at TE now though, rip delanie
FUTØN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:30 PM   #258
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTØN
ballinhun don't let us down

weird first week but hopefully I'll get the W, thanks for leaving Cobb on the bench PT. No clue what I'm going to do at TE now though, rip delanie

GL to you tonight.

I had a feeling about Cobb...honestly I'm not sure why he was a consensus late rounder this year, while Adams was a consensus top round pick.

I'm just happy to know I got a steal there...as long as Rodgers and Cobb are healthy, Cobb will be targeted this year a lot.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:21 AM   #259
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Damn... I knew Jared Cook was there for taking...

but Futon grabbed him at the last minute.

good pick up.

Walker goes down for the year, and you find an even better TE.

Cook was all over field last night.

Last edited by Doomsday Dallas : 09-11-2018 at 07:24 AM.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:11 AM   #260
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

If I pay ballin’s $120 entry fee can I merge our teams together for 1 super team?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #261
FUTØN
Good High School Starter

I don't see why not.

I feel like PT is always beating me by fractions of points in this league
Old 09-12-2018, 05:19 PM   #262
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiQo1kvX4lI

^ #1 Fantasy (30 seconds)

funny
Old 09-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #263
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Quote:
I feel like PT is always beating me by fractions of points in this league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aO1NbuOjG8

^ (30 seconds)

Bad things can happen on Monday Night
Old 09-12-2018, 11:29 PM   #264
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

We are reaching a crisis point with ballin. My gut reaction is to trust him and that he'll eventually pay regardless of how his team is doing because he is an honorable person, but this is the whole reason I wanted to postpone the draft order and actual draft, if necessary, until everyone is paid. That gives everyone incentive to get it paid fast.

It isn't always a purposeful thing. I am a procrastinator myself, so unless I'm under pressure or deadline or something, I'll put mundane things like this off too. Someone gets a little slack on the payment, we do the draft, and suddenly a week passes and he forgets about it.

Problem is -- now, he is 0-1 and less trustworthy people would be second-guessing dishing out the $120.

As far as I can tell, this is his last post in the thread. It is from 08.28.2018:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
I saw your DM in my email but I don't have that option for #general.

Am I supposed to change or add something in my settings to maybe get that included? I am using my phone for this but I don't think that should make a difference.

So here we are, on Sept. 12th and a day away from Week 2 starting and there has still been no payment made. We are hamstrung and it is because we broke the iron-clad protocol we were FORCED to implement when we first started this league because people were trying to skate by without paying from the first year we did it. That is why we all agreed that payments had to be made before the draft order and an invite was sent to the Yahoo league. It isn't personal and should always apply to everyone, myself included.

We haven't heard from Ballin in over two weeks. What happens if he has a rough Thursday night? Or we don't hear from him and he slips to 0-2? That $120 needs to be paid ASAP or I'm not sure what the next step will be.

Ballin, if you are out there, please respond.

Btw, where is -pt- and dooms' outrage over this? These guys were ready to start checking Ohio obituaries for RBA when I was slightly late doing the LeagueSafe, and Ballin hasn't paid 2 weeks into the season and not a peep.

As an aside, if you haven't noticed by the 9th annual ISH Money League, you never will...

I am of course referring to -pt- and dooms obviously being the same person. #NeverForget #OriginalSin #PetermanStinks (unrelated)
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:59 PM   #265
FUTØN
Good High School Starter

it was definitely a dumb decision, but it didn't seem like there was much of an alternative outside just letting the league die. there's been the bare minimum of engagement the last couple years leading up to our drafts, which I completely get because this I have no other reason to use this website lol
Old 09-12-2018, 11:59 PM   #266
FUTØN
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aO1NbuOjG8

^ (30 seconds)

Bad things can happen on Monday Night

yep
Old 09-13-2018, 12:03 AM   #267
FUTØN
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
GL to you tonight.

I had a feeling about Cobb...honestly I'm not sure why he was a consensus late rounder this year, while Adams was a consensus top round pick.

I'm just happy to know I got a steal there...as long as Rodgers and Cobb are healthy, Cobb will be targeted this year a lot.

he's really only had 3 good fantasy seasons in his career, which I still find stunning given his talent and situation but it's definitely possible he and rodgers just haven't been healthy at the same time very often.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #268
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
it was definitely a dumb decision, but it didn't seem like there was much of an alternative outside just letting the league die. there's been the bare minimum of engagement the last couple years leading up to our drafts, which I completely get because this I have no other reason to use this website lol
That is really the problem ... I have to actually think about using this site nowadays whereas I used to just automatically check it when I had down time. It was in the rotation of sites I used on a daily basis.

The OTC is stunning in its de-evolution. It's like Starface infected it and spawned a legion of contemptible maggots which have completely digested the flesh of what used to be a pretty kick-ass, diverse community. It is now disfigured and unrecognizable.

The NBA Forum isn't even that edgy with trolls anymore. It is just lame. It went from a group of people who actually cared and discussed basketball to a combination serious posters and trolls to nothing but trolls to just completely lame.

The best part of this site now is the Football Forum and the entire sub-forum averages a couple of posts per day.

This place is just sad.

Anyway, back to ballin. I guess if worse comes to worst, he can just play for free and not take part in the pot. Not sure what other options there are if this continues.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #269
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

I'm pretty sure I saw Ballin use the WW on yahoo to make moves. Hopefully he's just forgot.

We need to get everyone on slacker or some group chat because nobody's really active on ISH anymore. Ballin lrobably hasn't seen this thread in awhile.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:22 PM   #270
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
That is really the problem ... I have to actually think about using this site nowadays whereas I used to just automatically check it when I had down time. It was in the rotation of sites I used on a daily basis.

The OTC is stunning in its de-evolution. It's like Starface infected it and spawned a legion of contemptible maggots which have completely digested the flesh of what used to be a pretty kick-ass, diverse community. It is now disfigured and unrecognizable.

The NBA Forum isn't even that edgy with trolls anymore. It is just lame. It went from a group of people who actually cared and discussed basketball to a combination serious posters and trolls to nothing but trolls to just completely lame.

The best part of this site now is the Football Forum and the entire sub-forum averages a couple of posts per day.

This place is just sad.

Anyway, back to ballin. I guess if worse comes to worst, he can just play for free and not take part in the pot. Not sure what other options there are if this continues.
Yes this is the only sub forum I post in now. OTC is now the same 8 Trumptards who whine about libs and jock Trump all day every day. Just image your mind being completely consumed with that for 4 years...no thanks.

Once this fantasy league is done...Im done here
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: