Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
indy
Kids at the park dunk on me

indy has an OK reputation so far
Default Bill Walton on Kobe

Quote:
Walton's father was not nearly as understanding toward Bryant, criticizing him for "an attention-grabbing stunt" during the conference finals. Bill Walton, an ESPN analyst, said one could "imagine how mad" Bryant is now that LeBron James is getting "deserved" attention during the NBA Finals.

"Kobe is not comfortable unless the story is about him," Bill Walton said. "The story was about San Antonio, Utah, Cleveland and Detroit."

Walton also said Bryant should appreciate that his supporting cast is superior to what James has, even though Cleveland advanced through a weak Eastern Conference.

"He has a better team around him than LeBron James," Walton said. "Is there anybody on the Cleveland team who is a better player next to LeBron than Lamar Odom is? Would the Lakers trade Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum for Zydrunas Ilgauskas?"

go BILL
indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Bill Walton on Kobe

Is it better to have ok 2nd option than to have 4 good role players that fit on your team....

Bill is so simplistic...If the Lakers were in the East and healthy they would do the same thing. But injuries to key players hurt them this year...why is the entire bball world obsessed with turning every bball event back towards kobe or what kobe thinks or why kobe did this....Bill hop off his nuts already
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
chopchop20
National High School Star

chopchop20 has decent reputation

"Kobe is not comfortable unless the story is about him"

Yet Bill makes it a story again
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:20 AM   #4
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1729449.php

there's the full article, take a look first
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far

he has a point, but if the lakers were in the cavs spot, do you have any doubt, they would not make it to the ECF or, possibly the Finals, where they would at least put up a fight against the Spurs? Think about it. They could easily beat Washington. Beat Jersey in 6 or 7. Beat the Pistons, yea, beat the pistons. And then lose to the spurs 4-1, maybe 4-2. certainly a better fight than what the cavs are doing, getting swept tonight.

Last edited by Lakerz_Forever : 06-14-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:30 AM   #6
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerz_Forever
he has a point, but if the lakers were in the cavs spot, do you have any doubt, they would not make it to the ECF or, possibly the Finals, where they would at least put up a fight against the Spurs? Think about it. They could easily beat Washington. Beat Jersey in 6 or 7. Beat the Pistons, yea, beat the pistons. And then lose to the spurs 4-1, maybe 4-2. certainly a better fight than what the cavs are doing, getting swept tonight.
get outta here. they couldnt win against these teams on a regular basis in the regular season. The lakers are poorly constructed and led by a ball hog.

Now, given the same path as cleveland, i think they would lose to the nets in the 2nd round. if they played chicago, the woulda beat them, if they played the heat they woulda beat them, if they played the pistons, they woulda beat them.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #7
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
get outta here. they couldnt win against these teams on a regular basis in the regular season. The lakers are poorly constructed and led by a ball hog.

Now, given the same path as cleveland, i think they would lose to the nets in the 2nd round. if they played chicago, the woulda beat them, if they played the heat they woulda beat them, if they played the pistons, they woulda beat them.

no way the Nets can beat the lakers.... As soon as Kobe would go off and he would it would be over. I guy like Kobe and his scoring can destoy a team like NJ...The only team Kobe's scoring outbursts dont effect is Cleveland because as a team they can score in bunches like that as well.

Bulls prob had a better shot at Cleveland then the cocky, forgot how to play hard Pistons
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #8
starks
I brick open layups

starks has an OK reputation so far

I don't know about Lebron having a worse supporting cast. I'd say it's a wash.

However, it's fair to say that Bill Walton is not basing his judgment on Kobe only on the latest events. One would think that he gets a lot of inside information from Luke about Kobe.
starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #9
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound

it's the playoffs. kobe changes his game up in the postseason. and why would we lose to the nets? carter would be shooting up brick shots and we would work on our post game against them. it's pretty much evenly matched, and i give us the edge. why? homecourt advantage, we get game 7 in staples. then i may have exaggerated on the pistons series, but if cleveland, a team with a superstar, surrounded by mediocre players (sound familiar?) beat the pistons, what makes you think the lakers can't? and we play the spurs very well, i wouldn't be surprised if we got 2 games on them.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:43 AM   #10
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerz_Forever
it's the playoffs. kobe changes his game up in the postseason.

Right, somehow he shoots a lower % and turns the ball over more.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:45 AM   #11
td21spurs
I brick open layups

td21spurs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Walton's father was not nearly as understanding toward Bryant, criticizing him for "an attention-grabbing stunt" during the conference finals. Bill Walton, an ESPN analyst, said one could "imagine how mad" Bryant is now that LeBron James is getting "deserved" attention during the NBA Finals.

"Kobe is not comfortable unless the story is about him," Bill Walton said. "The story was about San Antonio, Utah, Cleveland and Detroit."

Walton also said Bryant should appreciate that his supporting cast is superior to what James has, even though Cleveland advanced through a weak Eastern Conference.

"He has a better team around him than LeBron James," Walton said. "Is there anybody on the Cleveland team who is a better player next to LeBron than Lamar Odom is? Would the Lakers trade Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum for Zydrunas Ilgauskas?"

Walton's right. why a f6ck did Kobe decide to open his mouth when Lebron was punishing Detroit? Kobe came out all of the sudden putting the blame on Buss and the whole organization for not striving to get the guys he asked them to get. it's like he's saying he did everything right, and that the lakers sucked because his teammates sucked. i mean wtf? share the blame a little, Kobe? is he nuts or something? did he know what was going in the NBA at that time? or did he care? u know what, since Lebron has made it clear that he is a Kobe admirer. and Kobe knows that. do u what i would do if i were Kobe?(it's what a normal person would do which is what James did last year when Wade and the heat made it to finals) instead of being pissy, i would give Bron a call and tell him to stay focused and wish him luck or something. u know what i am saying? and what did Kobe do? KB24 is pathetic.
td21spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:45 AM   #12
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Starks
Right, somehow he shoots a lower % and turns the ball over more.

even if he does shoot a lower percentage, he's taking less shots and gets everyone involved. and i don't know about that bullsh!t stat about turnovers? link?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:49 AM   #13
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
If the Lakers were in the East and healthy they would do the same thing.

Note to Laker fans.........

Please stop making these absurd comments...What other group of fans engages in fantasy as much as laker fans?

Its silly
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #14
td21spurs
I brick open layups

td21spurs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Beat the Pistons, yea, beat the pistons

Right Cavs are a good team, not great, and b/c of King James could beat the pistons. deny that. i certainly believe that Bron's teammates are better than Kobe's but b/c Lebron makes them better than what they actually are. if Bron had Kobe's teammates, the cavs would be a better team than they are now. maybe they would be able to steal a game or 2 from the spurs. if Kobe had Lebron's teammates? the lakers wouldn't even be able to make it to playoffs.
td21spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:56 AM   #15
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by td21spurs
Walton's right. why a f6ck did Kobe decide to open his mouth when Lebron was punishing Detroit? Kobe came out all of the sudden putting the blame on Buss and the whole organization for not striving to get the guys he asked them to get. it's like he's saying he did everything right, and that the lakers sucked because his teammates sucked. i mean wtf? share the blame a little, Kobe? is he nuts or something? did he know what was going in the NBA at that time? or did he care? u know what, since Lebron has made it clear that he is a Kobe admirer. and Kobe knows that. do u what i would do if i were Kobe?(it's what a normal person would do which is what James did last year when Wade and the heat made it to finals) instead of being pissy, i would give Bron a call and tell him to stay focused and wish him luck or something. u know what i am saying? and what did Kobe do? KB24 is pathetic.
too be fair, his original comment was in response to a supposed leaked insider report that he was the driving force behind the shaq fiasco.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: