Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-14-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Durant want cheap sneakers too

Quote:

Today on his Oregon Live blog, John Canzano reported that one of the sticking points for Durant in his negotiations with Nike and Adidas is a commitment to make a shoe that is at a price point that most individuals could afford. That price point is rumored to be between $39 and $69. If Kevin Durant (a player that is going to be on the marketing level of a Dwyane Wade or a LeBron James) can get Nike or Adidas (the two most powerful sneaker companies in the world) to brand a Kevin Durant signature shoe for $39, he'll have done more toward making sneakers more affordable than anyone before him. I mean, if Nike or Adidas start making affordable shoes with Durant's name on them, it automatically becomes that much more acceptable for kids to purchase cheaper shoes.
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/category/nba/

Nice!!
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Durant want cheap sneakers too

Good to see.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:41 PM   #3
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot

i doubt nike would sign him if that was the case. by selling his sneakers for that low, it would hurt their more expensive sneakers. adidas and converse etc might cuz a lot of their sneakers are already in that range
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

It's more likely that Adidas or Converse would sign him. I can't see Nike offering a NBA brand shoe that cheaply.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #5
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Nike now owns Converse.

In any case, if this is true Kevin Durant is now my favorite player in this draft and one of my five favorite guys in the league.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #6
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

speaking of cheap shoes, are the ben wallace shoes available yet? I bought myself a pair of starbury's (not the bball ones) and I love them. Very comfortable, have held up well, look decent. The thing is I am not a marbury fan, so I would rather wear the Wallace brand. Couldnt find anything about it on the Steve and Barry's website
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #7
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Kevin Durant has BUST written all over him. Dude will be the next "Keith Van Horn."
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

never mind, think I found it
Old 06-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #9
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Kevin Durant has BUST written all over him. Dude will be the next "Keith Van Horn."

Just more athletic, more offensive moves and will only continue to get better over the years.
ALBballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:54 PM   #10
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Keith Van Horn was a 17 and 7 player for his entire career. Don't see how the comparison is an insult.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:58 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rumor has it Marbury learned of this move...said Durant is a copycat and decided to sell his sneakers...for FREE. 1 pair limit. I hear they are gonna use recycled tires for the majority of the material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Nike now owns Converse.

In any case, if this is true Kevin Durant is now my favorite player in this draft and one of my five favorite guys in the league.

Why? Because you can now afford bball sneakers? :

In other news Greg Oden will play in Jesus sandals.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #12
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if he can get nike to put out a cheap sneaker with his name on it and become an all star in the league.. who knows what could happen.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:01 PM   #13
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Rumor has it Marbury learned of this move...said Durant is a copycat and decided to sell his sneakers...for FREE. 1 pair limit. I hear they are gonna use recycled tires for the majority of the material.

I would take those in a second. Id rather they use recycles materials in things like shoes. Unfortunately, its become trendy and now it costs more (like those stupid purses made out of old tires and bottlecaps). Check out Simple shoes recycled line.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #14
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Pele saw copycat Oden from a mile away and decided to skip that step and go right to....

i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
I would take those in a second. Id rather they use recycles materials in things like shoes. Unfortunately, its become trendy and now it costs more (like those stupid purses made out of old tires and bottlecaps). Check out Simple shoes recycled line.

Feet smelling like Just Tires.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: