Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #16
sunsfan1357
Word.

Default Re: Kirk Hinrich vs. TJ Ford

Kinda OT but why did Ford leave the Bucks again? Was it contract or traded?
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:24 PM   #17
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

as you can tell from my avatar, i pick kirk...........someone said that tj is a leader.........okay, and hinrich isn't? come on, anybody that watches bulls games knows that hinrich is a leader on the court...........he might not really be a scoring threat cause other teams focus more on stopping gordon and deng first with their jumpshots before they think of stopping kirk.......kirk doesn't need to score a lot of points especially if gordon is on fire and deng, well you know, he's consistent on his perimeter j's...............he distributes the ball to everybody on the court..........when he does try to score, thatz because some of the bulls players are not hitting their shots and somebody needs to do it..............don't get me wrong, tj ford is good, but as far as overall talent, i think kirk is a better defensively and dictating the offense.................thatz my opinion.........some of you might not like it, but some of you might agree.........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #18
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
I disagree about you saying they can make the playoffs without Hinrich.

So the Bulls have Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and Ben Wallace.

If it weren't for Hinrich, the team would be at 42-40 like the Lakers did.
How do you know? A great defensive team, solid 20PPG scorers in Deng and Gordon, the monster Ben Wallace, off-the-bench role players, and they're in the Eastern Conference. You're telling me Orlando > Bulls without Hinrich? No way. They'd make it with ease, just not as high of a seed.
Quote:
Hinrich has one thing T.J Ford doesn't have, that is good defense.
And Ford has something Hinrich doesn't have, take-over mentallity leadership qualities, and consistency. Hinrich can get you 20 and 10 one game, then 10 and 2 another game with 5 fouls. That's another problem with him. His defense is good, but costly. A guard with foul trouble? I wouldn't want that.
Quote:
Kinda OT but why did Ford leave the Bucks again? Was it contract or traded?
Traded to the Raps for Charlie Villaneuva.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:28 PM   #19
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
as you can tell from my avatar, i pick kirk...........someone said that tj is a leader.........okay, and hinrich isn't? come on, anybody that watches bulls games knows that hinrich is a leader on the court...........he might not really be a scoring threat cause other teams focus more on stopping gordon and deng first with their jumpshots before they think of stopping kirk.......kirk doesn't need to score a lot of points especially if gordon is on fire and deng, well you know, he's consistent on his perimeter j's...............he distributes the ball to everybody on the court..........when he does try to score, thatz because some of the bulls players are not hitting their shots and somebody needs to do it..............don't get me wrong, tj ford is good, but as far as overall talent, i think kirk is a better defensively and dictating the offense.................thatz my opinion.........some of you might not like it, but some of you might agree.........
Well me, being someone who watched TJ all year and almost all the Raptors game this season, is saying TJ is a better leader than Hinrich from the games I've been watching. I hardly see Hinrich boosting up his team when their spirits are low, or hitting clutch shots or going off. TJ makes clutch jumpers, gets to the hole consistently, and is a mental leader. Watch Game 2 of the Raptors vs Nets in the playoffs... he shows his leadership capabilities right there. It's hard to describe for Hinrich, almost can't put it in words. He just doesn't have "it". He's a great player and all, but I would take TJ just because of mental intangibles.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #20
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

This is a tough one. I'm a Raptors fan but I think I'd lean toward Hinrich slightly due to his size, defense and better shooting.

Hinrich's playmaking has never really wowed me in any way. He is solid but Ford definitely has an edge in this area. Ford really isn't a bad defender like some people claim. He stays in front of his man very well but has a tendency to gamble at times. Hinrich is more fundamentally sound with his defense and his good size at PG is a plus. Hinrich also has a clear advantage in shooting.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:35 PM   #21
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Ford really isn't a bad defender like some people claim. He stays in front of his man very well but has a tendency to gamble at times.
Exactly. He's more of an irritant than a lock-down Bruce Bowen type defender.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #22
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
I disagree about you saying they can make the playoffs without Hinrich.

So the Bulls have Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and Ben Wallace.

If it weren't for Hinrich, the team would be at 42-40 like the Lakers did.

I have no evidence to backup the fact that Hinrich IMO is better than Ford.

Hinrich is one of those combo guards who can give you 1-2 steals a game, could also dish out 10-20 assists a game or could score 20 point a game for the team. For T.J Ford, he is one of those true PGs who can give you 15 assists a game.

Hinrich has one thing T.J Ford doesn't have, that is good defense.

himrichs stats are better in just about every catagory except assists by 1 per game
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:43 PM   #23
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
himrichs stats are better in just about every catagory except assists by 1 per game
Hinrich is bigger than Ford is a factor of that. And Hinrich isn't playing beside Chris Bosh, either, and the Bulls don't have the gameplay style of the Raptors.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #24
dak121
College superstar

Ford as a pass-first PG.

Hinrich in basically every other category. Especially defense and health.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:54 PM   #25
KWALI
erudite

What dak said...Overall I like Ford a bit more but they are in the same tier talent wise just different strengths. So far atleast
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:54 PM   #26
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

For me it simply depends on the team. If I needed a great creative pg, I choose Ford, who can also score very well. Hinrich if I needed defense and 3pt shooting, yet also a good creative player. I don't think either blows the other out of the water, but right now I think Kirk is the better player. And for his team, Kirk is the better player and vice versa for Ford.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #27
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

I can't ever imagine Ford winning a ring. can you? be honest.

there are just... kinds of players who, as great as they are and as much as I love them, just are never successful. TJ Ford is one such player.

Kirk Hinrich is the exact opposite. I can't see him not being the third or fourth offensive option on a dynasty someday.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:05 PM   #28
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
they are in the same tier talent wise just different strengths.
exactly. and the problem is that Hinrich's strengths (defense, decision making, toughness) are infinitely more valuable to a title team than Ford's (creativity, playmaking ability, one vs. one scoring ability) are.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:07 PM   #29
Nashformvp
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Hinrich, no question. Ford looks like a little goblin.

agreed...fords good but not as good as hinrich.

EDIT: how and where do u edit the size of a pic to fit ur avatar? thnx.
Nashformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #30
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
exactly. and the problem is that Hinrich's strengths (defense, decision making, toughness) are infinitely more valuable to a title team than Ford's (creativity, playmaking ability, one vs. one scoring ability) are.

Coming back from a spinal injury makes your a pansy?

Let's be honest here.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: