Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-14-2007, 07:23 PM   #31
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kirk Hinrich vs. TJ Ford

Quote:
I can't ever imagine Ford winning a ring. can you? be honest.
I can't either.
Quote:
there are just... kinds of players who, as great as they are and as much as I love them, just are never successful.
Dude... he played on the Milwaukee Bucks. Give him some time.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:45 PM   #32
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol, I cant imagine 75% of the players in the league winning a ring, why? because they havent

could you imagine Chauncey Billups winning a ring before he did?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:49 PM   #33
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Ford, simply more upside. Clutch, quick, and takeover mentality.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:52 PM   #34
StreetPharmacist
Serious playground baller

StreetPharmacist has an OK reputation so far

Woah.. that's a toughie.

They both play very good D.. but Hinrich has the edge. (TJ actually plays much better D than his given credit for).

They're both pass-first PG.. but here TJ has the edge - his passes are more accurate, he has better court vision and really creative. He has some jaw dropping passes every now and then. Hinrich is more experienced (played more and been in playoffs more often) and thus makes fewer mistakes than Ford does.. but Ford is the better play-maker of the two.

They're very quick of the dribble.. but Ford has the clear edge. Ford is prolly the quickest pg in the league ... and he happens to have real sick crossovers as well. He breaks his man down quite often on the dribble.. and that goes a long way in the Toronto's style of play.

None of them are particularly good at jacking shots.. (43% vs 44%) neither do they have a great range. But Ford's 15 footers are almost always bank-ins and Hinrich makes those nice 3-pointers. I would have given Hinrich the edge.. but I've seen far more games from TJ where he just takes over and yes.. clutchness goes a long way. Hinrich is not clutch.. while Ford is the man in Toronto in the clutch situation.

Stats are pretty close as well.. Kirk scores a couple more points but TJ drops a 1.6 more assists... which kinda even out, specially since he plays 6 lesser minutes. Ford has more steals.. (thanks to quick hands and gambling attitude) while Hinrichhas more blocks (nothing really signficant here.. but I guess he does have a height advantage).. And they both score just above 80% from the free throw line.

Overall.. it's pretty close.. and Ford just happens to have a slight edge.
StreetPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:57 PM   #35
StreetPharmacist

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15

there are just... kinds of players who, as great as they are and as much as I love them, just are never successful. TJ Ford is one such player.

Kirk Hinrich is the exact opposite. I can't see him not being the third or fourth offensive option on a dynasty someday.

I don't know what exactly is that supposed to mean.. here's some of teh PG in recent memory that won rings.. Tell me what each one got in common that Ford ain't got or isn't ever goiong to have?

Derek Fisher
Tony Parker
Cauncy Billups
Jason Williams

Man .. dunno about the rest.. but TJ is very much the Tony Parker type of PG in his strengths/weaknesses. If Parker can win 3 rings.. why cann't Ford even win one?

P.S.: I aint saying Ford is better than Parker. (I won't say that right now,... when he's about to win his FInals MVP ...lol)
Old 06-14-2007, 11:02 PM   #36
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist
None of them are particularly good at jacking shots.. (43% vs 44%) neither do they have a great range. But Ford's 15 footers are almost always bank-ins and Hinrich makes those nice 3-pointers. I would have given Hinrich the edge.. but I've seen far more games from TJ where he just takes over and yes.. clutchness goes a long way. Hinrich is not clutch.. while Ford is the man in Toronto in the clutch situation.

Bulls have Gordon to take over games and be clutch. Hinrich is a significantly better shooter. This is not debateable.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:17 PM   #37
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
but I've seen far more games from TJ where he just takes over and yes

For those who don't watch Raptors games, what he means is that Ford is clutch at throwing the ball off the backboard and letting Bosh finish off the play.

Well, it would be clutch if Ford wasn't actually trying to score. lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:25 PM   #38
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
For those who don't watch Raptors games, what he means is that Ford is clutch at throwing the ball off the backboard and letting Bosh finish off the play.

Well to be fair, it's hard to do much when EVERYONE in the world (including the opposing team) knows exactly what play is being run.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:25 PM   #39
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15

there are just... kinds of players who, as great as they are and as much as I love them, just are never successful. TJ Ford is one such player.

What do you base this off? TJ Ford has never missed the playoffs in his career. Granted, it's been pretty short but he's never missed, something that is a pretty special accomplishment. I suspect as the Raptors mature, they'll make a run. I don't think you can say that he'll never be a winner, he's young and done nothing but win so far in his NBA career.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:28 PM   #40
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Well to be fair, it's hard to do much when EVERYONE in the world (including the opposing team) knows exactly what play is being run.

Ya, Sam Mitchell is semi retarded. But as long as he's not fully retarded like Lamp Breaker O'neill then he's fine in my book.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:37 PM   #41
StreetPharmacist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Bulls have Gordon to take over games and be clutch. Hinrich is a significantly better shooter. This is not debateable.

Significantly better? What are you basing that on? I see both Chicago and Raptor games very often... And I don't think any o fthem is all that better than the other. Hinrich may have a slight edge (better range) .. but nothing clear cut.

Check out the stats.. I know stats don't tell the whole story.. but they do give some indication to say the least.

Ford scores 14 ppg in 29 mins at 44%
Kirk scores 16 ppg in 35 min at 45% ...

They are very close if you ask me.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:41 PM   #42
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kirk shoots 38% from 3.

TJ shoots 31% from 3.

That's a fairly significant edge. I'd also be willing to bet Ford gets a lot easier shots with the better offensive team/system around him than Hinrich.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:44 PM   #43
StreetPharmacist

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Well, it would be clutch if Ford wasn't actually trying to score. lol

H.A.T.E.R.S ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v_ZpZJxJ1Y

And Toronto Fans should know how big the win was early in the season.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:48 PM   #44
StreetPharmacist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Kirk shoots 38% from 3.

TJ shoots 31% from 3.

That's a fairly significant edge. I'd also be willing to bet Ford gets a lot easier shots with the better offensive team/system around him than Hinrich.

Depends how many 3pta each take. If each of them is taking one or two 3-pointers a game.. those numbers can be thrown down the drain.

Actually they do very few 3's... specially Ford.

And no.. I don't think Ford gets half as many open looks as Hinrich gets.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:50 PM   #45
StreetPharmacist

btw... Ford's got some mad hops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifscooa1KL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jh5q7tSI8I
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: