Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-14-2007, 06:21 PM   #1
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation
Default Bandwagon NY Yankee fans: Please stand up

The pinstripes are red hot right now, so you can expect all of the flaky, "I'm gonna roll with the hottest and most popular team" fans to come out of their caves shortly, especially if they run the table on the Mets this weekend. That being said, Red Sox fans are concerned whether they want to admit it or not.
Tarik One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bandwagon NY Yankee fans: Please stand up

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!!!!! THE YANKEES ARE GOING TO WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!

I have to keep reminding myself that it's still early, and that every team has a hot streak.

OK, now I need to step off that ledge, though.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #3
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

yeah baby keep it goin Yanks. looks like Clemens' return sparked the team. we gunnin for u BoSux
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #4
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Talking Re: Bandwagon NY Yankee fans: Please stand up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
yeah baby keep it goin Yanks. looks like Clemens' return sparked the team. we gunnin for u BoSux
nah it was the really weak schedule! Still far out of it though!
Boston needs to keep losing!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:40 PM   #5
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
nah it was the really weak schedule! Still far out of it though!
Boston needs to keep losing!

true. we got the mets tommorow so we'll c if it was the schedule or if we are just on fire
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #6
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

I've been saying all year, they are going to make the playoffs.
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #7
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
true. we got the mets tommorow so we'll c if it was the schedule or if we are just on fire
I just made a post in the Knicks forum. The Mets are 2-12 for June.
The Yankees have an unbelievable weak schedule for June. All against bad or losing streak teams; 3 home games against the Mets, @Col 3 gms, @SF 3gms, @Balt 3gms, then start a home series against Oak at the end of June.

If Boston doesnt get on a streak themselves this can get interesting going into July. I am shocked that Boston is losing though. But I'll take it.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #8
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Yankees are feasting on NL teams right now.

sure they won 2 out of 3 from the Red Sox earlier and also put the beating on the ChiSox, but comon... 9 wins from the NL. seriously.

it will help their record, and so will beating up on Tampa Bay and Baltimore now that the Yankees have their swagger back... but I won't be 100% convinced until I see them taking 2 of 3 or better from the Angels, ChiSox, Twins, RedSox, Tigers, Indians, etc.. more often
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:28 AM   #9
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Yankees are feasting on NL teams right now.

sure they won 2 out of 3 from the Red Sox earlier and also put the beating on the ChiSox, but comon... 9 wins from the NL. seriously.

it will help their record, and so will beating up on Tampa Bay and Baltimore now that the Yankees have their swagger back... but I won't be 100% convinced until I see them taking 2 of 3 or better from the Angels, ChiSox, Twins, RedSox, Tigers, Indians, etc.. more often

Technically speaking, they took 2/3 from the Red Sox, 2/3 from the Twins, 3/4from the White Sox, and swept Cleveland.

But I see where you're coming from
Old 06-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Technically speaking, they took 2/3 from the Red Sox, 2/3 from the Twins, 3/4from the White Sox, and swept Cleveland.

But I see where you're coming from

i mean they keep doing it the rest of the season and never let up.

if the pitching falters only to have the offense bail it out and win games the majority of the time, then I can say no title again this year
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:36 AM   #11
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
i mean they keep doing it the rest of the season and never let up.

if the pitching falters only to have the offense bail it out and win games the majority of the time, then I can say no title again this year

We can only hope.

I think either way, ARod is gone, as well as Abreu, Giambi, Moose, and maybe Mariano (though prob. not)

The dynasty is already dead. I hate it when people still refer to this team as such.

I wish my Cincinnati Reds were mistaken for a dynasty.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #12
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Boston's lost 2 straight, including Beckett's first lost to the Rockies. Maybe that's a sign.
Tarik One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Boston's lost 2 straight, including Beckett's first lost to the Rockies. Maybe that's a sign.

I had had a random question upon reading that statement:

Do you think that there was a SINGLE Colorado Rockies fan in attendance at Fenway Park?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:59 AM   #14
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

The Yankees wish that the MLB was full of teams just like the Pirates and the D-Backs. Subway Series begins tonite, again. Clemens won't be pitching to the Pirates tonite.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #15
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
We can only hope.

I think either way, ARod is gone, as well as Abreu, Giambi, Moose, and maybe Mariano (though prob. not)

The dynasty is already dead. I hate it when people still refer to this team as such.

I wish my Cincinnati Reds were mistaken for a dynasty.

How would you know Arod and Abreu are going to be gone after this year? I can see Arod leaving, but if the Yankees want to keep Abreu, they will offer him the money and he will stay. Losing Giambi and Mussina won't hurt anything. They will still have a chance at the World Series next year and for years to come as long as they have the money.
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: