Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-31-2006, 10:55 AM   #1
Supafly79
I airball my layups

Supafly79 has an OK reputation so far
Default If the Knicks get Jeffries, what should the next move be?

If the Knicks pick up Jeffries I think it will be a good pick up. There are not that many 6"11 players in the league with his versatility. He is long and can defend the wing players we have problems with(Paul Pierce, Carter, LBJ, Tayshaun etc.).A starting frontcourt of Jeffries, Frye, and Curry is very formidable with all of them being 6"11. Jeffries can also help on the boards where we all know Curry needs the help. From a chemistry standpoint I think its a great move by Zeke but with all the small forward this would give us (Jeffries, Rose, Qrich, Lee, Balkman, and Woods if re-signed) there has to be a trade coming. What do yall think? Holla back!!!!
Supafly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:31 AM   #2
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

The next move?

Move the team to another city!
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:39 PM   #3
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default next move...

The next move should be to trade off Jeffries so he doesnt take minutes away from Lee.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:14 PM   #4
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

they should get rid of malik rose, q, and maurice taylor. they can get rid of rose and taylor because they are in the last year of there contract. but i dont know who would want q because his stock is at an all time low.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:44 PM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
they should get rid of malik rose, q, and maurice taylor. they can get rid of rose and taylor because they are in the last year of there contract. but i dont know who would want q because his stock is at an all time low.

agreed, get rid of mo and malik
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:22 PM   #6
stillaloyalknick
Can barely lace up my sneakers

stillaloyalknick has an OK reputation so far
Default no

i say do nothing. they need to get rid of rose, taylor and rose. they are in the last years of their contracts, and i say let em walk. they players available prolly wont improve us in any drastic way, and would just be high priced fillins who take away from frye and lee. i say wait til the trade deadline, and see if the 2nd yr players are actually worth holding on to.
stillaloyalknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:50 PM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Sign Oakley And Anthony Mason

Kidding, Just Keep Our Roster After We Get Jj
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:15 AM   #8
Supafly79
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaloyalknick
i say do nothing. they need to get rid of rose, taylor and rose. they are in the last years of their contracts, and i say let em walk. they players available prolly wont improve us in any drastic way, and would just be high priced fillins who take away from frye and lee. i say wait til the trade deadline, and see if the 2nd yr players are actually worth holding on to.

I feel ya on that. But what kind of rotation would you have if the Knicks stay pat assuming the get Jeffries. Maybe we can waive one of these player (Rose,Taylor, Rose) and keep Q. Woods. My rotation would go something like this.

Starters
Marbury
Francis
Jeffries
Frye
Curry

Reserves
Robinson
Crawford
Q Richardson
Lee
James

Any way you do it somebody is going to be mad. I know everyone is down on Francis but you gotta start him cause he is a former all star starter. I like Crawford way better but Francis has to start to see if we can get his trade value up. Jerome James also has to see the floor cause he is only in the second year of that contract and Isiah has to justify that signing. I'd rather see Balkman get his minutes and let either Curry or Frye play center with the second unit. Imagine how the pace of the game would change when Nate, Lee, and Balkman come in the game together. That Francis trade really hurt us but you gotta play him. Crawford needs to start because he can hit the jumper and just because he improved so much last season especially on defense and his shot selection. Francis' jump shot is so hard to look at and he shoots line drives. His shot is so flat but we'll se what he can do in Isiah's offense.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #9
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

the wiz matched the offer. we're not gonna get jeffries. the wiz offered 6 years 33 mil. so i dont see us doing anything.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:45 AM   #10
Supafly79
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSVIP
the wiz matched the offer. we're not gonna get jeffries. the wiz offered 6 years 33 mil. so i dont see us doing anything.

No they didn't. That was their intial offer but he rejected it and signed the offer sheet with the Knicks.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #11
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Chrispbosh4 has no real reputation yet.
Exclamation Halt

If the knicks get Jeffries the next person they should go after is:

He might have problems catching the ball, but no one COULD get a shot off over those claws.

Last edited by Chrispbosh4 : 08-02-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:15 AM   #12
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Chrispbosh4 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Sign Oakley And Anthony Mason

are you forgeting someone??

its goggle time
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #13
stillaloyalknick
Can barely lace up my sneakers

stillaloyalknick has an OK reputation so far
Default s

only problem with nate, robinson, lee and balkman coming in at the same time would be the lack of a veteran presence on the floor. this team would bring alot of energy, but would probably play sloppy and commit alot of turnovers (as well as maybe force turnovers, because as i saw in summer league, both lee and balkman like to play the passing lanes.

sorry to say this, but with marbs, francis, and crawford, nate mite not see too much time. unless isiah decides to have none of his starters play heavy minutes, and has nate and crawford split the time with marbury and francis.
stillaloyalknick is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: