Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-01-2018, 09:59 PM   #31
Facepalm
Local High School Star

Default Re: Crime & Punishment: The Trial of Paul Manafort (Part I)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
do you see?

Quote:
They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV,” Bannon said, referring to the president's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr.

The former White House chief strategist also spoke about the 2016 meeting between Trump Jr. and a group of Russians, describing it as “treasonous.”

And Bannon in “Fire and Fury” mentioned the connections between Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and loans taken out from the German bank Deutsche Bank that have come under scrutiny in relation to the investigation.

In December, federal prosecutors subpoenaed Deutsche Bank for records tied to Kushner’s family’s real estate business, Kushner Companies.

“It goes through Deutsche Bank and all the Kushner shit,” Bannon said of the probe. “The Kushner shit is greasy. They’re going to go right through that. They’re going to roll those two guys up and say play me or trade me.”

This report was updated at 9:46 a.m.

TAGS DONALD TRUMP JR. ROBERT MUELLER JARED KUSHNER PAUL MANAFORT DONALD TRUMP RUSSIA PROBE

LOAD COMMENTS (494)

First rule of being a criminal: Keep a low profile. Donald, Jr, and Kushner are dirty as shit. They should have just kept a kept their heads down and enjoyed their money. Too bad Don's ego got the better of him.

Last edited by Facepalm : 08-01-2018 at 10:03 PM.
Facepalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:11 PM   #32
SomeBlackDude
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalm
First rule of being a criminal: Keep a low profile. Donald, Jr, and Kushner are dirty as shit. They should have just kept a kept their heads down and enjoyed their money. Too bad Don's ego got the better of him.

What Did Trump and Kushner Know About Russian Money Laundering, and When Did They Know It?

NARCO-A-LAGO: MONEY LAUNDERING AT THE TRUMP OCEAN CLUB PANAMA

thoughts and prayers
SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:46 PM   #33
SomeBlackDude

Quote:
Jake Tapper
‏@jaketapper

Manafort prosecution evidence includes not just $15,000 ostrich jacket, but also a $9,500 ostrich vest and an $18,500 python jacket, per Alan Couture invoices, reports @kpolantz. 🐍

*all funded by laundered russian gov/mafia money*
Old 08-02-2018, 01:14 PM   #34
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

I wonder if the dondadda/Kevin love fest will continue after Mueller's report has zero effect on Trump.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:18 PM   #35
tpols
we already won

Big Paulie and the DON.

Kiss the ring.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #36
SomeBlackDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bannon
“You realize where this is going. This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to ****ing Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner. … It’s as plain as a hair on your face.”

felix sater's original snitching agreement from dec. 1998 (refiled in feb. 2015):

^check that supervising assistant u.s. attorney's john hancock.

refresher on what ole felix was snitching about:

Quote:
Sater pleaded guilty in 1998 to one count of racketeering for his role in a $40 million stock fraud scheme involving the Genovese and Bonanno crime families, according to court records.

After his 1998 racketeering conviction, Sater spent more than a decade as an informant on the Mafia and on national security-related matters. Federal prosecutors kept even the existence of Sater's racketeering case out of publicly available court records for 14 years.

During that time, Sater launched a luxury real estate development career. He altered his name, to Satter, and became a top executive in Bayrock, a development firm that partnered with Trump on the Trump Soho high-rise hotel in Manhattan and other branded luxury real estate deals.

as the ban man pointed out, muells' #1 draft pick was sater's handler, weissmann:

Quote:
DOJ’s Weissmann Joining Mueller’s Russia Investigation Team, Sources Say

Special counsel Robert Mueller is bolstering his team of U.S. investigators probing possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, adding a top Justice Department official who’s been overseeing corporate fraud and foreign-bribery investigations, as well as a former law-firm colleague, according to people familiar with the matter.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...sia-probe-team

the federales knew all the dirt that was going on long before the election began.

Quote:
Russia-born dealmaker linked to Trump assists laundering probe

Donald Trump faces renewed scrutiny of the riches that flowed into his real estate empire from the former Soviet Union after a fixer for a Kazakh family accused of pumping dirty money into US property agreed to assist an international investigation into his former business partners.

Felix Sater, a Russian-born dealmaker with organised-crime connections who worked on property ventures including Trump Soho in Manhattan, has attracted attention in recent months as efforts continue to chart the links between the US president’s circle and moneymen from Russia and its neighbours.

In October the Financial Times revealed Mr Sater had helped the family of Viktor Khrapunov, a former Kazakh minister now exiled in Switzerland, invest millions in US real estate through front companies. The Khrapunovs have spent heavily across the US, including, records indicate, buying apartments in Trump Soho.

https://www.ft.com/content/159eb2d8-...4-0ac7eb84e5f1
Old 08-02-2018, 01:36 PM   #37
SomeBlackDude

Quote:
Trump Associate Boasted That Moscow Business Deal ‘Will Get Donald Elected’

Donald J. Trump with Felix H. Sater, right, and Tevfik Arif at the official unveiling of Trump SoHo in September 2007.

A business associate of President Trump promised in 2015 to engineer a real estate deal with the aid of the president of Russia, Vladimir V. Putin, that he said would help Mr. Trump win the presidency.

The associate, Felix Sater, wrote a series of emails to Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, in which he boasted about his ties to Mr. Putin. He predicted that building a Trump Tower in Moscow would highlight Mr. Trump’s savvy negotiating skills and be a political boon to his candidacy.

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017...y=90&auto=webp

The emails show that, from the earliest months of Mr. Trump’s campaign, some of his associates viewed close ties with Moscow as a political advantage. Those ties are now under investigation by the Justice Department and multiple congressional committees.

American intelligence agencies have concluded that the Russian government interfered with the 2016 presidential election to try to help Mr. Trump. Investigators want to know whether anyone on Mr. Trump’s team was part of that process.

Mr. Sater, a Russian immigrant, said he had lined up financing for the Trump Tower deal with VTB Bank, a Russian bank that was under American sanctions for involvement in Moscow’s efforts to undermine democracy in Ukraine. In another email, Mr. Sater envisioned a ribbon-cutting ceremony in Moscow.

“I will get Putin on this program and we will get Donald elected,” Mr. Sater wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/u...lix-sater.html

sater- confirmed fed snitch, 20+ years now
cohen- testing the snitching waters right now

the best people.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:13 PM   #38
SomeBlackDude

it was all rick gates.

Quote:
Next to take the the stand is Paul Manafort's bookkeeper, Heather Washkuhn.

Prosecutors say her testimony will delve into the tax and bank fraud allegations in their case. Mr Manafort is accused of lying to the IRS to hide his income, and lying to banks to secure millions of dollars in loans.

Mr Manafort has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Quote:
As for the current witness, Heather Washkuhn, Mr Manafort's business and personal estate bookkeeper from 2011 to 2018, she has testified she had access to Mr Manafort’s personal and business bank accounts, managed his spending and also oversaw several of his properties, including a horse farm in Virginia, condos in New York City and a property in Florida.

Prosecutor Greg Andres asked Ms Washkuhn if she had ever heard of 14 different shell-company bank accounts Mr Manafort is alleged to have used. Ms Washkuhn answered "no" to every account.

Quote:
Ms Washkuhn, who prepared ledgers of Manafort’s finances, testified that she was specifically unaware that Mr Manfort controlled firms in Cyprus that loaned him money or gave him payments, including a 2011 $2 million loan from Yiakora Ventures.

She said she would have asked for documentation on that kind of loan but did not recall getting it.

rick gates did that shit.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:36 PM   #39
Terahite
Free Nick Young

How the hell did this thread reach 3 pages? You'd think this were the trial of the century.

EDIT: Nvm just realized DonDadda has been bumping it every hour.
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:38 PM   #40
SomeBlackDude

Quote:
2:55 p.m. Bookkeeper says she pleaded with Manafort for money to pay bills

Bookkeeper Heather Washkuhn continued her testimony by detailing how Davis Manafort Partners’ financial meltdown began to take a toll on Paul Manafort personally. He had made a nearly $2 million salary a handful of years earlier doing political consulting in Ukraine, but by 2016, Manafort’s patron, Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, had fled his homeland and could no longer pay Manafort.

And Washkuhn testified she was sending a series of desperate e-mails to Manafort, seeking payment for a laundry list of Manafort’s personal bills. A tally from early 2016 showed Manafort owed more than $1.1 million to pay off credit cards and other expenses from lavish spending.

“$120K is urgently needed for your personal bills,” Washkuhn wrote to Manafort in an e-mail that was shown to the jury.

In another e-mail from January 2016, Washkuhn wrote to Manafort that taxes were due that day on a New York City property he owned.

Davis Manafort Partners was also struggling to pay its bills. In an email to Rick Gates in April 2016, Washkuhn wrote the firm’s medical insurance was going to be cancelled because the bill hadn’t been paid. She said to send money “ASAP.”

coincidentally...

Quote:
While chairing Trump campaign, Manafort tried to set up private briefings for a Russian billionaire

While working unpaid for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, Paul Manafort mused about how he could use his new prominence to get financially “whole,” and offered to give private political briefings to a Russian billionaire who had recently sued him.

That’s according to Manafort’s own emails with a business associate, which are currently being examined by investigators and are described in a new report from the Washington Post’s Tom Hamburger, Rosalind Helderman, Carol Leonnig, Adam Entous.

Furthermore, at least one email appears to use some sort of code, with Manafort’s associate apparently referring to the Russian billionaire — Oleg Deripaska — as the person “who gave you the biggest black caviar jar several years ago,” saying they should discuss his situation more in person.

1) An April email sent in the opening days of Manafort’s work for Trump in which Manafort ‘referred to his positive press and growing reputation and asked, “How do we use to get whole?”’

2) A July 7, 2016, email in which Manafort told his Ukrainian business associate Konstantin Kilimnik to let Deripaska know that he could give him private briefings on the presidential campaign. “If he needs private briefings we can accommodate,” Manafort wrote, according to the Post.

3) A July 29, 2016 email in which Kilimnik appeared to speak in code to Manafort about a meeting he’d just had with Deripaska. Kilimnik said he’d met with the person “who gave you the biggest black caviar jar several years ago.” He also wrote that it would take time to explain this “long caviar story.” He and Manafort then set up a meeting in New York, which took place a few days later.

Prosecutors say longtime Manafort colleague has ‘ties’ to Russian intelligence
Old 08-03-2018, 12:35 AM   #41
SomeBlackDude

Quote:
CORRUPTION CASE BEGINS AGAINST KAZAKH COUPLE THAT ALLEGEDLY LAUNDERED MONEY THROUGH TRUMP TOWER

On Thursday, a court in Kazakhstan launched preliminary hearings of a corruption case against the former mayor of the Kazakh city of Almaty, Viktor Khrapunov, and his wife Leila Khrapunova, a couple with deep ties to the Trump Organization.

The former mayor and his wife have been accused of a wide array of crimes, including money laundering embezzlement, abuse of office, fraud and the creation of an organized crime group. They are currently living in Switzerland, but are being tried in absentia. The couple claims that the charges against them are politically motivated.

Reports and court documents have demonstrated that the couple has deep ties to Trump associates, including Trump’s current lawyer, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, and former Trump adviser Felix Sater. They have also been accused of using purchases in a Manhattan Trump tower to launder stolen money.

An investigation published last year by McClatchy, for example, showed that the international real estate and investment firm Bayrock Group, which has partnered with the Trump Organization on multiple projects, was previously in business with the couple.

Bayrock Group was previously run by Sater, a Russian-born former Trump adviser who claims to have led a double life as a spy for the CIA. Sater also attempted to help Trump land a deal to build a Trump tower in Moscow, a project that was never successfully launched. The Khrapunovs began working with Sater and Bayrock at the same time the company was working on a Trump organization project in Manhattan’s SoHo neighborhood. The couple purchased and quickly resold three condos in the Trump SoHo hotel in 2013. Investigators claim that the couple had used the purchases to launder money stolen from the Kazakh government.

Sater and the couple have worked together on numerous projects, according to McClatchy, some of which have been entangled in lawsuits. Kazakh investigators have requested information about Bayrock from the U.S. as part of their investigation into the couple.

The couple also enlisted the legal advice of Giuliani’s former law firm to set up an energy company in the Netherlands in 2007. The company was called KazBay B.V., and was partially owned by Bayrock. Giuliani’s former law firm, Bracewell & Giuliani, opened an office in Kazakhstan in 2007, the same year the pair moved to Switzerland. The law firm was allegedly used to raise funds for Guliani’s 2008 run for president.

The couple's family is involved in several legal battles around the globe, including the U.S. The couple’s son Ilyas Khrapunov is wanted in Ukraine for allegedly orchestrating a hack of the computer systems of a law firm representing the Kazakh bank BTA Bank. The bank’s former chairman, Mukhtar Ablyazov, who is also Olyas Khrapunov’s father-in-law, has been accused by his former employer of embezzling billions of dollars of assets.

Court documents allege that Ablyazov enlisted the help of his son-in-law to hide the money he purportedly stole from BTA Bank, and that the money was subsequently laundered through Trump towers, in addition to other U.S. properties. It is unclear if Trump or his associates knew about the origins of the funds when the purchases of the Trump tower condo were made.

This wouldn’t have been the first time, however, that BTA Bank funds were directed toward Trump-affiliated projects. In 2005, the bank set up a fund to assist development projects in the country of Georgia, including a planned Trump hotel that was never built.

https://www.newsweek.com/corruption-...-money-1044008

Old 08-03-2018, 01:04 AM   #42
qrich
King Heno

How much longer do I need to wait for the bomb?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:26 AM   #43
SomeBlackDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
How much longer do I need to wait for the bomb?

WHY ROBERT MUELLER HAS TRUMP SOHO IN HIS SIGHTS

Trumps Can Never Really Check Out of SoHo Hotel

Old 08-03-2018, 01:35 AM   #44
qrich
King Heno

So...no. Cool.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:40 AM   #45
SomeBlackDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
So...no. Cool.

patience, my pet. patience.

shell companies. laundering. cyprus. mogilevich.

now where have i heard all that before?

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: