Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 12:30 AM   #16
Free
Great young streetballer

Free has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: LeBron shot 35.5% in the Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Funny thing is, as much as people like to bring up Shaq, if Lebron had Shaq on his team, he'd have gotten the exact same open looks he bricked 70% of the time without him.

Basicly. Shaq would certainly help open up the interior, but it's hard to get in the paint when a guys playing 6-7 feet off of you. At some point you have trust your jumpshot.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:34 AM   #17
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by artest 93
lmfao @ "oh he is only 22-23" excuses. friggin idiots. man come on...if you are hyped as much as lebron and considered a top 5 player in the nba, there is no excuse for performance as poor as what he has done in the finals. but he played against the spurs, elite defense. the east teams just made him look like "mj". there is no excuse for lebron's performance but at least he made it to the finals "all by himself".

As much as it pains me to say this.....I AGREE with everything you just said.

When they compare LeBron to Jordan.....or proclaim him the best player on the planet.....or put him on the Mt. Rushmore of the NBA....age is NEVER an issue. But as soon as LeBron falls flat on his face and fails to live up to the hype...the "he's only 22" BS excuses start.

FOCK THE MEDIA!!!!
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:54 AM   #18
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Just a terrible series from Lebron. Between the wretched shooting and the TO's, I don't know what's worse. Those two consecutive TO's he made late in the 4th when it was still relatively close were hard to watch. I feel bad for him because he's a team player and seems like a good teammate, but bad play is bad play.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:01 AM   #19
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

what a surprise... the first page made up almost completely of posters that either are known Kobe-fans or guys with the words "Laker" in their username or Kobe on the avartar... hahahaa
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:03 AM   #20
baller562
I airball my layups

baller562 has an OK reputation so far

well, i was a witness.... that experience is the most important thing. f'kn spurs are full of wise old men, who get the job done.
baller562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:03 AM   #21
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Funny thing is, as much as people like to bring up Shaq, if Lebron had Shaq on his team, he'd have gotten the exact same open looks he bricked 70% of the time without him.

Not like he was getting doubled and tripled out there because there was no inside force. They gave him whatever he wanted, he just cant shoot.

Lebron would have had an easier time finishing if he had Shaq because teams can't just pile up on him, and Lebron would be getting plenty of assists off Shaq if teams were to pile up on him.

come on people, it's just a fact, if you're a perimeter player, the game just becomes FAR EASIER ifyou have a big man that commands double teams. I don't care WHO you are... whether you're Damon Jones or Fred Jones or James Earl jones... you have an easier time playing ANd you look better on the court than you really are if you have Shaq as your center.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:06 AM   #22
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

ericforman, you refuse to understand that Lebron had the same chances without Shaq that Kobe did with Shaq..

Lebron had plenty of looks and opportunities to make something happen and he didnt.

Now if Lebron put up great numbers, then you could say "well if he had shaq, he coulda won", but thats not the case.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:08 AM   #23
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
Lebron would have had an easier time finishing if he had Shaq because teams can't just pile up on him, and Lebron would be getting plenty of assists off Shaq if teams were to pile up on him.

True. He would have more room to finish, but you act as if his horrible shooting, 35% overall and 30% this game, would have been changed significantly with Shaq's presence.

It wouldn't be. They played 5 feet off him all series. Shaq wouldn't alter the arc of his jumpshot into the rim.

Last edited by picc84 : 06-15-2007 at 01:24 AM.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:10 AM   #24
Free
Great young streetballer

Free has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

come on people, it's just a fact, if you're a perimeter player, the game just becomes FAR EASIER ifyou have a big man that commands double teams. I don't care WHO you are... whether you're Damon Jones or Fred Jones or James Earl jones... you have an easier time playing ANd you look better on the court than you really are if you have Shaq as your center.

I agree, but LeBron didn't just have trouble finishing in the lane, he had A LOT of trouble getting in the lane becuase Bowen was playing so far off of him and basicly daring him to shoot.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:12 AM   #25
baller562
I airball my layups

no doubt playing w/ a dominant post player will make it hellava lot easier for perimeter players, cuz it opens up looks for jump shooters. Thing is, Lebron had so man open looks throughout the series, but his shot was horrible. Another thing about playing with shaq is that its all about spacing, he needs his room to operate. He clogs up much of the lane so driving in would not be wise sometimes. I'm talkin bout the old dominating shaq. He also needs the balls in his hands to operate so lebrons touches would be limited by what, half? Shaq needs to be surrounded w/ perimeter players with a dependable shot, it's the perfect relationship due to the spacing it creates for an inside/outside killer combo...
Old 06-15-2007, 01:15 AM   #26
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

I agree that Kobe in 2004 was worse. At least LeBron was getting his teammates good looks. Kobe in 2004 was just
Then again, he did hit that huge shot in game 2 but regardless, LeBron in 2007 finals > Kobe in 2004 finals.
Like it's been said by someone, LeBron was the only option on the Cavs, Kobe had Shaq.
Had Kobe shot the same % but made as many plays as LeBron did for his teammates the Lakers would've been in much better shape.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:15 AM   #27
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:

the thing about Shaq is he is always gonna be in the paint....Shaq would have it easier because Shaq is a great player but he would still need a jumper..HE cant just ram his way to basket even if Shaq was on his team....

No matter what if a guy can sit that far back and dare you too shot its still gonna be hard to get into the lane. And then add in the fact that Brons man will be flinching in on Shaqs post ups because of his jumper...

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 06-15-2007 at 01:18 AM.
IGOTGAME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:21 AM   #28
baller562
I airball my layups

man kobe was horrible that finals... ridiculous. The pistons played shaq str8 up in the post w/ ben wallace, w/ prince on kobe while every1 else spying on kobe and doubling/tripling him whenever he drove in.... and kobe still shot the ball like a ballhog... lost alot of respect for kobe after that series. But we cant forget the other three starters were utterly useless... payton couldn't make an open jumper, malone was hurt. Lebron was no better or worse this series...
Old 06-15-2007, 01:23 AM   #29
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has decent reputation

Wade had no problem living in the paint with Shaq playing last year. Bron got very few star calls though...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:27 AM   #30
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Wade's man plays a lot closer to him because his jumper has to be respected. You put Bowen 5 feet off Wade and he's going to light you up with midrange shots.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: