Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-14-2007, 11:59 PM   #1
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here
Default I'm Done Watching the NBA: Parker should NOT be Finals MVP

Okay first they add a 3-point line, then they soften the defense, now they make Parker the Finals MVP over Duncan? I'm sorry but that's the last straw. I'm done watching the NBA (for the summer)

Last edited by kwajo : 06-15-2007 at 12:02 AM.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:01 AM   #2
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I'm Done Watching the NBA: Parker should NOT be Finals MVP

Tp Tp Tp Tp Tp Tp!!!!!!!!!!
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:04 AM   #3
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Okay first they add a 3-point line, then they soften the defense, now they make Parker the Finals MVP over Duncan? I'm sorry but that's the last straw. I'm done watching the NBA (for the summer)
eehhh shut up....

he averaged 25 per and 57%...that's a finals MVP, Duncan did not have his best series, Parker did...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:04 AM   #4
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

parker was incredible.

ignore the fact that the spurs revolve around timduncan and recognize that parker put up better numbers.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:04 AM   #5
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

He had a better series than Duncan, dude.

Also, no MVP is as weak as Chauncey in 2004...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:05 AM   #6
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:

Are you mental? TP averaged 25 PPG on 57% FG for the series. Duncan was pretty much a non-factor for a couple of those games.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:05 AM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I hope you won't stop watching me from atop the hill on stary nights.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:05 AM   #8
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:

MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:06 AM   #9
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputation

Parker carried the team in the finals. Duncan still anchored it but but Parker was the guy that put them over the top so easily. Well deserved for TP.

NBA championship
NBA Finals MVP
Marriage

The guy is riding on the top of the world right now. Congratulation TP.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:07 AM   #10
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Parker's had a really good year all around. He's got Eva, he's had his awful little album, he's torn it up in the paint all year long, and now he's the Finals MVP.

It's not like he had an awful series or anything either.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:08 AM   #11
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

I thought Parker deserved the MVP.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:08 AM   #12
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

See you next season, bro! You are addicted to hoop, face it!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:09 AM   #13
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Yeah a POINT GUARD who scored 24 points on near 60% shooting isn't MVP worthy?

He deserved it, Duncan praised him too for winning and deep down he knows TP was the man this series.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:10 AM   #14
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Said it in another thread.

Everyone involved on that team, including Parker, knows that trophy belongs to Duncan. I mean the offense ran through him effectivly getting open lanes, open shots consistently. Bowen got a lot of coverage for his defense on LeBron but it's Duncan abilitys to guard the rim that allowed Bowen to be so aggresive.

I know Duncan could care less - it's the type of guy, and teammates he is - but it pisses me off a lot. People will bring up that he was carried by TP 10 years down the road, comparing it to how Wade carried Shaq to his 4th... but that is so far form the truth that if/when that tpic comes up I will just.... go off.

It really has got to me. ESPN & the media in general CONTINUE to underrate Duncan' importance to the team.

I don't think I've seen a player get underrated and overrated to a huge degree/extent in one day than I do with Duncan.

Let the un-official record show - Duncan, 2006-2007 Finals MVP.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:14 AM   #15
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:

I can't believe so many people took this post seriously after reading that...
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: