Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 05:01 AM   #31
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I'm Done Watching the NBA: Parker should NOT be Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Yes. Mostly because I have this OCD thing where I click my mouse and select text as I read it. So I rarely miss hidden text.
I do that sometimes too, not all the time but I do a few times. Usually on the longer posts so I don't lose where I am.

I thought a few people would recognize it, but most people seemed to just come in here and start complaining.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:04 AM   #32
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

I need a drink.

Parker winning MVP was the sour icing to the ****ty cake that was the 2006-2007 season.

Lets go Lakers, lets go.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:04 AM   #33
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Duncan was the star of both. Duncan was the dominant player on the court in all 4 games.

Duncan played bad on offense. He was missing shots he usually makes. Parker carried the Spurs on offense, not Duncan. Duncan played great defense, but he once again disappeared for large stretches offensively, like he did in th '05 finals.

And if your main argument now is that Duncan was opening up the lane is basically penalizing Parker for having good teammates. Of course good teammates open up things for you offensively.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:42 AM   #34
The Ghost
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Ghost has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
Duncan played bad on offense. He was missing shots he usually makes. Parker carried the Spurs on offense, not Duncan.
Parker didn't "carry" the Spurs on offense, Duncan still has most of the team's plays run through him, he's the one throwing outlet passes, he's the one drawing double teams and kicking to the 3-point line, he's the one who got an assload of offensive rebounds in game 4 to secure the win. There's more to Duncan's offensive presence than opening the lane for Tony and Manu.
The Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:33 AM   #35
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

So let me get this straight.

All Duncan has to do is show up for the finals and he is automatically the MVP?

He can even have a subpar series, by his or most any star players' standards and be given the MVP?

In fact, the trophy should have been handed to him before the series since, win or lose, he is the best player out there?

Should the same rules be applied to the regular season MVP? Just give it to the best player in the league, regardless of how well he plays?

IMO... It's obvious who is the anchor of the Spurs team. But does this team still win the title w/o Tony Parker? Obviously they don't win it w/o TD, but someone else had to raise their game for the team to win. TD could have raised his game where no one else had to step up their game and win the series, but he did not.
Parker was the one who stepped up his game both by his standards, and final's performances standards.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:06 AM   #36
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I actually said in another thread I would boycott the NBA for the rest of my life if Duncan wasn't Finals MVP.

Oh well.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #37
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

its not like Parker performed well... it's the fact that all other players stinked...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:35 AM   #38
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

good job TP. shake em off.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #39
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why the hell don't people want Parker to win? He was the best player on the court for the whole series. He's an EASY choice for MVP. No denying it.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:01 PM   #40
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

National Guardball Association.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:05 PM   #41
EuJazz
Local High School Star

EuJazz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
National Guardball Association.

Yeah, Tim Duncan and Shaq (the sole factor in determining where the Championship trophy has gone 7 out of the last 9 years) aren't guards. What's your point then? Tony Parker had MUCH more of an impact on the series than Duncan did.

If you watched the games, you'd realize that buddy.
EuJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:06 PM   #42
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuJazz
Yeah, Tim Duncan and Shaq (the sole factor in determining where the Championship trophy has gone 7 out of the last 9 years) aren't guards. What's your point then? Tony Parker had MUCH more of an impact on the series than Duncan did.

If you watched the games, you'd realize that buddy.
What do you mean, what's my point?

Years of rules changes and marketing strategies make it obvious.

Guards are flashier and more marketable, so they'll change the league to feature them instead of following the natural evolution of the game.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #43
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

the duncan love has gone waaaay to far. how delusional do you have to be to actually think he deserved mvp over parker? geeeez give me a break
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #44
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRZ66
the duncan love has gone waaaay to far. how delusional do you have to be to actually think he deserved mvp over parker? geeeez give me a break

well, you can watch the games (both ends of the floor) and check the stats. Parker shot the ball amazingly well and scored well.

Duncan led the entire team in rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals - and aside from 1 3 from TP, was more clutch.

So, unless you think scoring is the end all be all of championship basketball (which TP led Duncan 24 to 18), TD deserved the MVP.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #45
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Okay first they add a 3-point line, then they soften the defense, now they make Parker the Finals MVP over Duncan? I'm sorry but that's the last straw. I'm done watching the NBA (for the summer)

you hate the French
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: