Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 12:39 AM   #16
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Jermaine wants to be a Laker

If i'm FO, I give up Bynum and whatever else they want besides Odom. It could possibly work because the Pacer president, Walsh, is absolutely in LOVE with Bynum and thinks he's going to be great.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:43 AM   #17
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
I rather have the Lakers pass. Contrary to what most think, the Lakers have more leverage than the Pacers and if trades stall, Indy will be the first to budge. Giving up Kwame, Bynum, AND Odom is giving up 90% of our front court for J.O and Murphy? Lakers don't want Kwame for Caron part deux again and I sure as hell don't want that either. We lose out on almost every category and y'all are gonna be kicking yourself after seeing J.O miss 30 games like his usual self. I want J.O but definitely not for that price.

Lose out every category?

How about

second option that gets double teamed
inside scoring
post defense
shotblocking
and someone who fits Kobe's mold of passionate and agressive
someone who Kobe wants on the Lakers and would trust him unlike Odom and Bynum, the two guys he doesn't have trust in.

Yes, the Lakers are overpaying but sometimes that's what you got to do to shake things up and get a better mixture of things.

The Lakers don't want to do that and because of that they"ll face the consequences and things will get different.

They"ll probably stall Kobe for some time but if he's smart he"ll give them a deadline and if it isn't done by then...

If the Lakers yet again do that to him and pass on an ALL STAR who he wants on the Lakers then probably the best choice is that he leaves the Lakers for some place where his word will have a merit.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:45 AM   #18
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Kobe next season.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:46 AM   #19
aj242
I hit open 5-footers

aj242 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Odom and Bynum together for JO is a dumb, stupid, mistake. First smart move FO has done in a long time.

absolutely correct. Man, my team is in such a bind. That trade would make the Lakers slightly better but certainly not a contender. The truth is there is no one move that's going to make us contenders next year.

It's going to take a couple of move's that will probably take more then one offseason. Especially in the West.
aj242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:46 AM   #20
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:

Kobe next season.

I already traded Kobe to the Bulls in 2K7!!!
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:47 AM   #21
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

They need to work out a three or 4 team trade not including Odom...and including Bynum and whoever....

Try to pick up Zach Randolph, now that Oden is coming to town...

Just try to get something like

possibly farmar
Kobe
LO
Zach Randolph
Possilby Mihm

Just get rid if Bynum ASAP
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:47 AM   #22
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

i must say kobe looks pimp in black and red.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:48 AM   #23
aj242
I hit open 5-footers

aj242 has not been impressing people

Quote:
If i'm FO, I give up Bynum and whatever else they want besides Odom. It could possibly work because the Pacer president, Walsh, is absolutely in LOVE with Bynum and thinks he's going to be great.

My guess is that's what Mitch & company are offering but the Pacers aren't biting. It's a game of Chicken & hopefully Mitch won't fold. No matter what Kobe says.
aj242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:49 AM   #24
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj242
absolutely correct. Man, my team is in such a bind. That trade would make the Lakers slightly better but certainly not a contender. The truth is there is no one move that's going to make us contenders next year.

It's going to take a couple of move's that will probably take more then one offseason. Especially in the West.

Funny thing is, there were already plenty of moves we could have done if FO was willing to pull the trigger, where we would already be contenders right now.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:50 AM   #25
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj242
My guess is that's what Mitch & company are offering but the Pacers aren't biting. It's a game of Chicken & hopefully Mitch won't fold. No matter what Kobe says.

All we can do is pray, my man. All we can do is pray.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:50 AM   #26
KareemsGoggles
Banned

KareemsGoggles has an OK reputation so far

I can't believe the Lakers are going to **** this up.
KareemsGoggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:53 AM   #27
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Lose out every category?

How about

second option that gets double teamed
inside scoring
post defense
shotblocking
and someone who fits Kobe's mold of passionate and agressive
someone who Kobe wants on the Lakers and would trust him unlike Odom and Bynum, the two guys he doesn't have trust in.

Yes, the Lakers are overpaying but sometimes that's what you got to do to shake things up and get a better mixture of things.

The Lakers don't want to do that and because of that they"ll face the consequences and things will get different.

They"ll probably stall Kobe for some time but if he's smart he"ll give them a deadline and if it isn't done by then...

If the Lakers yet again do that to him and pass on an ALL STAR who he wants on the Lakers then probably the best choice is that he leaves the Lakers for some place where his word will have a merit.

This is what you have with the trade

Farmar/Shammond Williams
Kobe/Sasha
Walton/Vlad Rad/Evans
Murphy/Tauriaf/Cook
JO/Mihm

Thats too much salary to take for a team that still prob isnt top 5 talent wise in the west. And I have watched JO enough to know if he is near the player I like 2 years ago...

Only reason I dont want to trade Bynum is because he is the only other trading piece on the team. After this trade their arent many pieces.

PG is still increbily soft, especially since Farmar cant shoot.

Power forward is soft and JO would have so much pressure on him to rebound with this weak front line...
Old 06-15-2007, 12:59 AM   #28
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I rather have the Lakers pass. Contrary to what most think, the Lakers have more leverage than the Pacers and if trades stall, Indy will be the first to budge. Giving up Kwame, Bynum, AND Odom is giving up 90% of our front court for J.O and Murphy? Lakers don't want Kwame for Caron part deux again and I sure as hell don't want that either. We lose out on almost every category and y'all are gonna be kicking yourself after seeing J.O miss 30 games like his usual self. I want J.O but definitely not for that price.

The Lakers lost any leverage they may have when Kobe demanded a trade. And Murphy is a very useful player he'll be a guy that can get you a double double. Make some open shots in the triangle. Great you're getting rid of your frontcourt, but you're getting rid of them for 2 frontcourt players that are better than the ones you had.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:00 AM   #29
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Farmar can shoot...
Old 06-15-2007, 01:20 AM   #30
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:
Farmar can shoot...

He gets a minute to line up all his 3's and still cant hit a good clip...Smush is a better 3 point shooter than Farmar and thats says a lot.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: