Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 01:22 AM   #31
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Jermaine wants to be a Laker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
The Lakers lost any leverage they may have when Kobe demanded a trade. And Murphy is a very useful player he'll be a guy that can get you a double double. Make some open shots in the triangle. Great you're getting rid of your frontcourt, but you're getting rid of them for 2 frontcourt players that are better than the ones you had.

Murphy still has that disgusting contract. I really doubt that J.O and Murphy are better than Kwame,Odom and Bynum. I rather have Tinsley than Murphy.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:23 AM   #32
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

murphy's contrat 4 more years at 11 million per? no way that and JO plus kobes contract would be almost at the cap with three players forget it, bad bad business move
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:25 AM   #33
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
murphy's contrat 4 more years at 11 million per? no way that and JO plus kobes contract would be almost at the cap with three players forget it, bad bad business move

Who are we trying to be? The Knicks?
Old 06-15-2007, 01:27 AM   #34
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Who are we trying to be? The Knicks?
lol yeah no kidding, i think larry bird forgot he dialed the 310 area code and not 212
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:35 AM   #35
baller562
I airball my layups

baller562 has an OK reputation so far

there is no way jo is worth bynum AND odom.... let alone i would think giving them both up for KG would be too much.
baller562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:41 AM   #36
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

I'm sure Kobe will be full of understanding for the Lakers FO once he's told that his buddy JO who wanted to play with him isn't coming because the Lakers once again didn't want to part ways with some of their players.
Oh yeah, Kobe sure will understand
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:41 AM   #37
HANNIBAL SMITH
Decent playground baller

HANNIBAL SMITH has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
He gets a minute to line up all his 3's and still cant hit a good clip...Smush is a better 3 point shooter than Farmar and thats says a lot.

Farmar still better at smush in everythang else tho. Farmar's mid range shot >> Smush's, easily.
HANNIBAL SMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:47 AM   #38
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

They dont have to get JO...

I would be happy with signing a center with MLE and then trading Kwame for Artest...If any1 remembers that span right before the brawl Artest was absolutely killing it on both offense and defense...

Farmar
Kobe
Artest
Lamar
Bynum or MLE or Mihm

Then you could trade Bynum if something good pops up or you can keep him if he develops but at least you can see where he is at to start next season...Kobe should try to get Bynum 5 straight 30 point games but just drawing mad heads and dishing off for easy dunks...Then the Lakers should trade him as quick as possible..

Artest will be a Laker..I can feel it ...It will be like Phil with Rodman all over again..Plus Kobe has been working on his quickness and defense a lot this summer...Put that with Artest on the wing and Farmar is no slough they could have a sick perimeter defense....

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 06-15-2007 at 01:54 AM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:49 AM   #39
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
They dont have to get JO...

I would be happy with signing a center with MLE and then trading Kwame for Artest...If any1 remembers that span right before the brawl Artest was absolutely killing it on both offense and defense...

Farmar
Kobe
Artest
Lamar
Bynum or MLE or Mihm

Bynum+ others for Camby
Kwame for Artest
MLE for PG

I'd be happy with that.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:54 AM   #40
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

The Lakers are desperate. Every GM in the league knows that. They"ll not going to get Camby or Artest for Kwame despite his expiring contract, get real.
They'd need to throw in much more and perhaps take on some more big contracts like the one of Kenny Thomas in case of an Artest trade.

I think Kobe made his point pretty clear. Let's see how long this whole thing stalls, I'm sure we"ll hear something from Kobe soon.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:56 AM   #41
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

I'd rather see Kobe traded to the Bulls, then to trade our entire frontcourt + LO for "I'll give you 40 games a season" Jermaine O'Neal, and screw ourselves for the next few years as a result.

With JO, we win 2 games vs Phx on our way out of the playoffs instead of 1. WOW.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:57 AM   #42
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Don't be suprised if within 24-48 hours we hear from someone from the ESPN that there's a new change of developement regarding Kobe. Don't be suprised at all.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:58 AM   #43
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Could the Lakers get a guy like Zach Randolph without Giving up Odom...

Lakers should sign Varejoa...Im not kidding...He can catch, play decent defense and dunk the ball. That much more then could be said about KWame...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:59 AM   #44
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
Could the Lakers get a guy like Zach Randolph without Giving up Odom...

No way in hell.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:59 AM   #45
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I'd rather see Kobe traded to the Bulls, then to trade our entire frontcourt + LO for "I'll give you 40 games a season" Jermaine O'Neal, and screw ourselves for the next few years as a result.

With JO, we win 2 games vs Phx on our way out of the playoffs instead of 1. WOW.

I disagree with that. I think Kobe + JO is hella lot better and more balanced than what we have now and it's a whole different set of dynamics and everything else would get so balanced out that the Lakers would become a much better team.

But anyway, who cares what I think.

What matters is what Kobe thinks. That's the interesting part of the story.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: