Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 03:22 AM   #16
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

Usually it has something to do with Stockton or the Jazz right. The Nugz are a more talented team than the Jazz. Played better defense, and are better offensively. Especially in the postseason, the Jazz sucked vs the Spurs in all but one game. And the Jazz only won the division by 6 that's with the long adjustment period after the trade, and the long wait it took for Melo and JR to come off suspension.

And sorry... I gave really good reasons as to why Kidd and Zeke are better than Stock. Malone and Stock had each other for their entire careers, and all Stock can do better than Kidd is efficiently shoot.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 06-15-2007 at 03:25 AM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:53 AM   #17
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I dont see whats so outraegous about his comment. They both went down to SA in 5 games. Difference was with the Nuggets, they met them 2 rounds earlier, and the games were actually close.

Yeah, and they probably matched up better and didn't have to play two teams right before that. For all you know, Houston and Golden State were better than that Nuggets alone, cuz that's what you're saying.... that Denver was also better than them..

Denver may win more on paper, but they don't play as well as a team, they don't play defense, and we've yet to see them stick together and get anything accomplished in the playoffs.

At best you can TRY and argue that the Nuggets are as good as the Jazz, but to just come out and say that the Nuggets are better is BULL****.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:57 AM   #18
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

I'm saying they both played the same team, and the only difference was that Denver played them earlier, but managed to make the same amount of games actually close, unlike Utah. Taking this into consideration, its perfectly legitimate to argue Denver as better. I personally don't think they are, but looking at facts its a perfectly reasonable argument.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:45 AM   #19
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Denver may win more on paper, but they don't play as well as a team, they don't play defense, and we've yet to see them stick together and get anything accomplished in the playoffs.

At best you can TRY and argue that the Nuggets are as good as the Jazz, but to just come out and say that the Nuggets are better is BULL****.

They played better D in the postseason too vs the Spurs. Don't get happy because you guys played good D vs that jumpshooting Rox team
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #20
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
They played better D in the postseason too vs the Spurs. Don't get happy because you guys played good D vs that jumpshooting Rox team

Y2, you're a COMPLETE homer. And yes, you know it. WhenEVER anything comes up involving the Nuggets, you say that they're the best, and never are realistic in your assessments.

Just do us all a favor and stop it! You're #2 on my list of annoying posters for your arrogance (behind Glove_20 and his Payton overrating)
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #21
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

The Nuggets aren't better then the Jazz. The Jazz have better defense and are more consistant. The Nuggets really didn't have a fair year with the trade and suspensions. Next year they will be a much better team IMO because they will have the chemistry and have a nice run in the playoffs depending on who they face.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #22
Unknown
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
The Nuggets aren't better then the Jazz. The Jazz have better defense and are more consistant. The Nuggets really didn't have a fair year with the trade and suspensions. Next year they will be a much better team IMO because they will have the chemistry and have a nice run in the playoffs depending on who they face.

Thats what everyone says every year about the Nuggets. Anyone remember when George Karl first came to the Nuggets and they went 20-6 or something to finish off the season, then people were saying how great they were going to be a year later, then a year later, they were still a pretty poor (in terms of where they were suppose to be) squad. Naturally, people just assumed it was injuries and their lack of outside shooting, however they did nothing to fix the outside shooting problem during the offseason, and yet people still assumed Nuggets were going to be a strong squad. I don't believe it anymore. Iverson + Carmelo hasn't worked well, and I don't believe it will next season either.

Jazz >> Nuggets.
Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:50 AM   #23
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
Thats what everyone says every year about the Nuggets. Anyone remember when George Karl first came to the Nuggets and they went 20-6 or something to finish off the season, then people were saying how great they were going to be a year later, then a year later, they were still a pretty poor (in terms of where they were suppose to be) squad. Naturally, people just assumed it was injuries and their lack of outside shooting, however they did nothing to fix the outside shooting problem during the offseason, and yet people still assumed Nuggets were going to be a strong squad. I don't believe it anymore. Iverson + Carmelo hasn't worked well, and I don't believe it will next season either.

Jazz >> Nuggets.
I agree, but the things is AI and Melo will probably make some chemistry and the Nuggets finally have a consistant second option.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #24
Unknown
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
I agree, but the things is AI and Melo will probably make some chemistry and the Nuggets finally have a consistant second option.

It's not like they didn't have one before. They had a couple of guys scoring the equal amount of points that Iverson scores by himself. JR Smiths PPG total plummeted in the last months of the season to the point where his coach didn't even want to play him anymore simply because Smith was trying to prove himself and it didn't work. Then they had Boykins and traded him away for a guy that could get things done, but couldn't really score. Carmelo was leading the league in scoring before Iverson came and he finished in like 5th of something I think.

Boykins + JR Smith = Same amount of points, more rebounds, same assists as Iverson. Boykins was traded away and Smith became an 8th man for the team. Kleiza got more court time then Smith got.

The point I'm trying to get across is Nuggets before the Allen Iverson trade were better then the Nuggets after the Allen Iverson trade.
Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:03 AM   #25
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

we did play the spurs damn tough.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:05 AM   #26
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Yeah, and they probably matched up better and didn't have to play two teams right before that. For all you know, Houston and Golden State were better than that Nuggets alone, cuz that's what you're saying.... that Denver was also better than them..

oh ****, you capitalized it and underlined it? thats one bold text away from a trifecta!
Old 06-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #27
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Jazz >> Nuggets.

you dont? thanks for ruining my day.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:10 AM   #28
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Both the Jazz and the Nuggets succumbed to San Antonio in 5.

I'm not giving an opinion on this either way, because I don't want to get involved, but stop with the "the games we lost were closer." You lose in 5, your team was clearly outclassed by the other. You lose 80% of your games, it doesn't matter how close they were. At all. In the end a loss is a loss is a loss. You can take whatever "moral victory" from it you want. It doesn't matter if you lose 100-0 or 100-99; they all count the same.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:11 AM   #29
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
It's not like they didn't have one before. They had a couple of guys scoring the equal amount of points that Iverson scores by himself. JR Smiths PPG total plummeted in the last months of the season to the point where his coach didn't even want to play him anymore simply because Smith was trying to prove himself and it didn't work. Then they had Boykins and traded him away for a guy that could get things done, but couldn't really score. Carmelo was leading the league in scoring before Iverson came and he finished in like 5th of something I think.

Boykins + JR Smith = Same amount of points, more rebounds, same assists as Iverson. Boykins was traded away and Smith became an 8th man for the team. Kleiza got more court time then Smith got.

The point I'm trying to get across is Nuggets before the Allen Iverson trade were better then the Nuggets after the Allen Iverson trade.

melo finished 5th in scoring?

nuggets were better before AI?

keep em coming!
Old 06-15-2007, 11:13 AM   #30
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Both the Jazz and the Nuggets succumbed to San Antonio in 5.

I'm not giving an opinion on this either way, because I don't want to get involved, but stop with the "the games we lost were closer." You lose in 5, your team was clearly outclassed by the other. You lose 80% of your games, it doesn't matter how close they were. At all. In the end a loss is a loss is a loss. You can take whatever "moral victory" from it you want. It doesn't matter if you lose 100-0 or 100-99; they all count the same.

in the end, a loss is a loss...true. but to say a team that loses a game 90-89 (hypothetically speaking) is the same as a team that loses a game 112-75 to the same 3rd team...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: