Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 03:22 AM   #16
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro
 
Y2Gezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In hell when Im on ISH
Posts: 4,621
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

Usually it has something to do with Stockton or the Jazz right. The Nugz are a more talented team than the Jazz. Played better defense, and are better offensively. Especially in the postseason, the Jazz sucked vs the Spurs in all but one game. And the Jazz only won the division by 6 that's with the long adjustment period after the trade, and the long wait it took for Melo and JR to come off suspension.

And sorry... I gave really good reasons as to why Kidd and Zeke are better than Stock. Malone and Stock had each other for their entire careers, and all Stock can do better than Kidd is efficiently shoot.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 06-15-2007 at 03:25 AM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:53 AM   #17
Chalkmaze
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 3,072
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I dont see whats so outraegous about his comment. They both went down to SA in 5 games. Difference was with the Nuggets, they met them 2 rounds earlier, and the games were actually close.



Yeah, and they probably matched up better and didn't have to play two teams right before that. For all you know, Houston and Golden State were better than that Nuggets alone, cuz that's what you're saying.... that Denver was also better than them..

Denver may win more on paper, but they don't play as well as a team, they don't play defense, and we've yet to see them stick together and get anything accomplished in the playoffs.

At best you can TRY and argue that the Nuggets are as good as the Jazz, but to just come out and say that the Nuggets are better is BULL****.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:57 AM   #18
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star
 
picc84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wash. D.C.
Posts: 8,676
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

I'm saying they both played the same team, and the only difference was that Denver played them earlier, but managed to make the same amount of games actually close, unlike Utah. Taking this into consideration, its perfectly legitimate to argue Denver as better. I personally don't think they are, but looking at facts its a perfectly reasonable argument.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:45 AM   #19
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro
 
Y2Gezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In hell when Im on ISH
Posts: 4,621
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Denver may win more on paper, but they don't play as well as a team, they don't play defense, and we've yet to see them stick together and get anything accomplished in the playoffs.

At best you can TRY and argue that the Nuggets are as good as the Jazz, but to just come out and say that the Nuggets are better is BULL****.

They played better D in the postseason too vs the Spurs. Don't get happy because you guys played good D vs that jumpshooting Rox team
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #20
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Darkess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 744
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
They played better D in the postseason too vs the Spurs. Don't get happy because you guys played good D vs that jumpshooting Rox team


Y2, you're a COMPLETE homer. And yes, you know it. WhenEVER anything comes up involving the Nuggets, you say that they're the best, and never are realistic in your assessments.

Just do us all a favor and stop it! You're #2 on my list of annoying posters for your arrogance (behind Glove_20 and his Payton overrating)
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #21
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,284
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

The Nuggets aren't better then the Jazz. The Jazz have better defense and are more consistant. The Nuggets really didn't have a fair year with the trade and suspensions. Next year they will be a much better team IMO because they will have the chemistry and have a nice run in the playoffs depending on who they face.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #22
Unknown
I hit open layups
 
Unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 143
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
The Nuggets aren't better then the Jazz. The Jazz have better defense and are more consistant. The Nuggets really didn't have a fair year with the trade and suspensions. Next year they will be a much better team IMO because they will have the chemistry and have a nice run in the playoffs depending on who they face.

Thats what everyone says every year about the Nuggets. Anyone remember when George Karl first came to the Nuggets and they went 20-6 or something to finish off the season, then people were saying how great they were going to be a year later, then a year later, they were still a pretty poor (in terms of where they were suppose to be) squad. Naturally, people just assumed it was injuries and their lack of outside shooting, however they did nothing to fix the outside shooting problem during the offseason, and yet people still assumed Nuggets were going to be a strong squad. I don't believe it anymore. Iverson + Carmelo hasn't worked well, and I don't believe it will next season either.

Jazz >> Nuggets.
Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:50 AM   #23
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,284
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
Thats what everyone says every year about the Nuggets. Anyone remember when George Karl first came to the Nuggets and they went 20-6 or something to finish off the season, then people were saying how great they were going to be a year later, then a year later, they were still a pretty poor (in terms of where they were suppose to be) squad. Naturally, people just assumed it was injuries and their lack of outside shooting, however they did nothing to fix the outside shooting problem during the offseason, and yet people still assumed Nuggets were going to be a strong squad. I don't believe it anymore. Iverson + Carmelo hasn't worked well, and I don't believe it will next season either.

Jazz >> Nuggets.
I agree, but the things is AI and Melo will probably make some chemistry and the Nuggets finally have a consistant second option.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #24
Unknown
I hit open layups
 
Unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 143
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
I agree, but the things is AI and Melo will probably make some chemistry and the Nuggets finally have a consistant second option.

It's not like they didn't have one before. They had a couple of guys scoring the equal amount of points that Iverson scores by himself. JR Smiths PPG total plummeted in the last months of the season to the point where his coach didn't even want to play him anymore simply because Smith was trying to prove himself and it didn't work. Then they had Boykins and traded him away for a guy that could get things done, but couldn't really score. Carmelo was leading the league in scoring before Iverson came and he finished in like 5th of something I think.

Boykins + JR Smith = Same amount of points, more rebounds, same assists as Iverson. Boykins was traded away and Smith became an 8th man for the team. Kleiza got more court time then Smith got.

The point I'm trying to get across is Nuggets before the Allen Iverson trade were better then the Nuggets after the Allen Iverson trade.
Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:03 AM   #25
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick
 
NugzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nugget Nation
Posts: 5,469
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

we did play the spurs damn tough.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:05 AM   #26
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick
 
NugzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nugget Nation
Posts: 5,469
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Yeah, and they probably matched up better and didn't have to play two teams right before that. For all you know, Houston and Golden State were better than that Nuggets alone, cuz that's what you're saying.... that Denver was also better than them..

Denver may win more on paper, but they don't play as well as a team, they don't play defense, and we've yet to see them stick together and get anything accomplished in the playoffs.

At best you can TRY and argue that the Nuggets are as good as the Jazz, but to just come out and say that the Nuggets are better is BULL****.

oh ****, you capitalized it and underlined it? thats one bold text away from a trifecta!
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #27
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick
 
NugzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nugget Nation
Posts: 5,469
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
Thats what everyone says every year about the Nuggets. Anyone remember when George Karl first came to the Nuggets and they went 20-6 or something to finish off the season, then people were saying how great they were going to be a year later, then a year later, they were still a pretty poor (in terms of where they were suppose to be) squad. Naturally, people just assumed it was injuries and their lack of outside shooting, however they did nothing to fix the outside shooting problem during the offseason, and yet people still assumed Nuggets were going to be a strong squad. I don't believe it anymore. Iverson + Carmelo hasn't worked well, and I don't believe it will next season either.

Jazz >> Nuggets.

you dont? thanks for ruining my day.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:10 AM   #28
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,642
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

Both the Jazz and the Nuggets succumbed to San Antonio in 5.

I'm not giving an opinion on this either way, because I don't want to get involved, but stop with the "the games we lost were closer." You lose in 5, your team was clearly outclassed by the other. You lose 80% of your games, it doesn't matter how close they were. At all. In the end a loss is a loss is a loss. You can take whatever "moral victory" from it you want. It doesn't matter if you lose 100-0 or 100-99; they all count the same.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:11 AM   #29
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick
 
NugzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nugget Nation
Posts: 5,469
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
It's not like they didn't have one before. They had a couple of guys scoring the equal amount of points that Iverson scores by himself. JR Smiths PPG total plummeted in the last months of the season to the point where his coach didn't even want to play him anymore simply because Smith was trying to prove himself and it didn't work. Then they had Boykins and traded him away for a guy that could get things done, but couldn't really score. Carmelo was leading the league in scoring before Iverson came and he finished in like 5th of something I think.

Boykins + JR Smith = Same amount of points, more rebounds, same assists as Iverson. Boykins was traded away and Smith became an 8th man for the team. Kleiza got more court time then Smith got.

The point I'm trying to get across is Nuggets before the Allen Iverson trade were better then the Nuggets after the Allen Iverson trade.

melo finished 5th in scoring?

nuggets were better before AI?

keep em coming!
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:13 AM   #30
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick
 
NugzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nugget Nation
Posts: 5,469
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Both the Jazz and the Nuggets succumbed to San Antonio in 5.

I'm not giving an opinion on this either way, because I don't want to get involved, but stop with the "the games we lost were closer." You lose in 5, your team was clearly outclassed by the other. You lose 80% of your games, it doesn't matter how close they were. At all. In the end a loss is a loss is a loss. You can take whatever "moral victory" from it you want. It doesn't matter if you lose 100-0 or 100-99; they all count the same.

in the end, a loss is a loss...true. but to say a team that loses a game 90-89 (hypothetically speaking) is the same as a team that loses a game 112-75 to the same 3rd team...
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy