Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 10:14 AM   #31
Unknown
I hit open layups

Unknown has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Did Duncan just say "we played THREE really great teams?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
you dont? thanks for ruining my day.

Why bother posting if you're just going to be sarcastic on someone elses remark. Besides a couple of bad trades, what GOOD has the Nuggets team done in the last couple of seasons?

Hmm lets see..

Signed Martin to an oversized deal
Signed Nene to an oversized deal
Traded away your best PG for a ball-hog
Traded away your second best PG for a second-rate PG with no scoring skill
After 4 years of people saying it, still no 3 point help
Waived a player who might have been fairly decent in the league (Hodge)

As far as I see it, Nuggets aren't going anywhere with the team they have now.
Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:17 AM   #32
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

if those 2 teams (except Suns) are considered great by Duncan... the Bobcats would be in the playoffs...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #33
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
Why bother posting if you're just going to be sarcastic on someone elses remark.

i wanst being sarcastic. and this post isnt making me feel any better.

Quote:
Besides a couple of bad trades, what GOOD has the Nuggets team done in the last couple of seasons?

Hmm lets see..

Signed Martin to an oversized deal
Signed Nene to an oversized deal
Traded away your best PG for a ball-hog
Traded away your second best PG for a second-rate PG with no scoring skill
After 4 years of people saying it, still no 3 point help
Waived a player who might have been fairly decent in the league (Hodge)

nice spin...you are a pro at that! cant believe you forgot "let future all star francisco elson go for nothing" and "overpaying for crappy anthony carter"

Quote:
As far as I see it, Nuggets aren't going anywhere with the team they have now.

you see...you did it again! thats just mean.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #34
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
in the end, a loss is a loss...true. but to say a team that loses a game 90-89 (hypothetically speaking) is the same as a team that loses a game 112-75 to the same 3rd team...
You've contradicted yourself here.

You can't say "a loss is a loss" and then in the same post go on to explain how it's different.

You lose in 5? You were outclassed. Whether you lost 100-0 or 100-99 in every game. As I said, you can take "moral victories" from any loss, but in the end of the day it's still a loss. If you lose 80% of your games, how close they were is a moot point.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:29 AM   #35
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
You've contradicted yourself here.

You can't say "a loss is a loss" and then in the same post go on to explain how it's different.

on the standings sheet its all the same. when a team loses by 1 its the same as a loss by 20. i agree. but it doesnt mean the teams are the same. team A that plays team C very competitively can be argued to be better than team B that loses to team C by a lot. now there are many other factors that need to be included but it does make a difference. it does mean something.

Quote:
You lose in 5? You were outclassed. Whether you lost 100-0 or 100-99 in every game. As I said, you can take "moral victories" from any loss, but in the end of the day it's still a loss. If you lose 80% of your games, how close they were is a moot point.

you are talking about standings...im talking about teams.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:25 PM   #36
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown

The point I'm trying to get across is Nuggets before the Allen Iverson trade were better then the Nuggets after the Allen Iverson trade.

wow.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #37
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
on the standings sheet its all the same. when a team loses by 1 its the same as a loss by 20. i agree. but it doesnt mean the teams are the same. team A that plays team C very competitively can be argued to be better than team B that loses to team C by a lot. now there are many other factors that need to be included but it does make a difference. it does mean something.

you are talking about standings...im talking about teams.
See, I understand what you're saying but I don't necessarily agree. Just because team a played team b tougher than team c did isn't an accurate reflection of who the better team is.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #38
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
See, I understand what you're saying but I don't necessarily agree. Just because team a played team b tougher than team c did isn't an accurate reflection of who the better team is.

and at the same time to say that two teams who both lose to the same 3rd team, are equal, regardless of how they played or how much they lost by is wrong.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #39
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nuggets, Suns, and Jazz are all good teams (all would beat Cavs).

Spurs just make it look easy.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #40
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Duncan's lying. they played 1 really great team, 1 very good team, and 2 pretty good teams.

Quote:
I honestly don't care if you hate me, but the hate has no effect on me.

Keep hating on me.
you're dumb.

your nervous laughter and "sticks and stones" mantra is impressing nobody. you're an annoying moron; one of many that has me down to my last nerves on this board. we'd all appreciate it if you stopped posting. that is all.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:00 PM   #41
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
and at the same time to say that two teams who both lose to the same 3rd team, are equal, regardless of how they played or how much they lost by is wrong.
I don't recollect saying the Nuggets and Jazz were equal.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #42
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
I don't recollect saying the Nuggets and Jazz were equal.

i never said you did. but you disagreed with my statement about two teams losing to the same 3rd team. losses are not all the same.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:30 PM   #43
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Saying the Nuggets are better than the Jazz because they "played the Spurs tougher" (which is arguable, especially considering the Jazz beat the Spurs by 30 in game 3) is like saying the Jazz are better than the Mavs because Utah beat a GS team that handed Dallas their ass.

Its all about matchups. Dallas > Utah > Denver > GS

Utah was better than Denver this year. They won the division, swept the regular season series between the two teams, and were more consistent.

We'll see if that holds true next year.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #44
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

who said denver is better than utah? they had the better record. no denying that.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:19 PM   #45
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

Utah won more games than us.
they DESERVED to win more than us.

we started off a horrible 13-10 playing the league's easiest November schedule. then the idiotic mistakes by JR and Melo....followed by not really having Nene until February....and we finally meshed in March. it was a season of big highs and big lows.

If Denver or Utah was in the Eastern Conference either of them wouldve made the Finals without a doubt (we routinely DESTROY Cleveland and im sure Utah wouldve beaten them in a 7 game series too)
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: