Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #16
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board
Default Re: Can someone remind me of why this was supposed to be the Mavs' year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
The whole team played bad man, and give Golden State some credit, everything they threw up went in the basket.

The main players ALL played above their season averages.

Dirk CHOKED.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #17
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Can someone remind me of why this was supposed to be the Mavs' year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
The main players ALL played above their season averages.

Dirk CHOKED.

Yes Dirk didnt play his best but part of the problem is that because everyone else was so bad they could gang up on Dirk. You cant put the blame of a series loss at the feet of one player, thats not fair.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #18
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Yes Dirk didnt play his best but part of the problem is that because everyone else was so bad they could gang up on Dirk. You cant put the blame of a series loss at the feet of one player, thats not fair.

How were everyone else bad when they all played above their season averages?

You're just a Dirk ******* who only cares about Dirk and will throw the team under the bus just to prop up Dirk.

Despicable.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #19
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

as much as i hate the mavs (mostly their stupid fans), I will begrudgingly admit that it wouldve gone 6 or 7 before the spurs won it.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:21 PM   #20
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Golden State cuases Dallas matchup nightmares because Dallas doesnt have a low post scoring threat, thats the only reason why.

Dallas causes San Antonio matchup problems because they are much more athletic that the Spurs, Dallas would have beaten them in 7 games if they would have meet.

I'm not so sure about that. SA pulled it together at the right time of the season and Dallas was starting to play their worst basketball since their 0-4 start. They barely beat SA last season and Ginoboli was dealing with back problems, Parker had two thigh contusions and Duncan had a bad foot. It would've been nice to see though.

I really wanted to see PNX/DAL just to see who would come out on top.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #21
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
How were everyone else bad when they all played above their season averages?

You're just a Dirk ******* who only cares about Dirk and will throw the team under the bus just to prop up Dirk.

Despicable.

No, Ive said some harsh things about Dirk. Im not really sure we can win a title with him as the #1 guy but right now thats the best the shot we have so we can just hope he is good enough to do it.

I just hope Avery stops making him be something hes not and let him be Dirk, let him shoot 3 pointers and stop trying to force him to be a low post player because he never will be and has no interest in becoming one. The Mavs need to find a low post scoring threat, weather thats Brand, Randolph or maybe someone else and let Dirk play like hes most comfortable.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #22
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

That collapse was 100% Dirks fault.

The guy just doesn't have what it takes to get it done in the post-season.

He's a soft euro.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:27 PM   #23
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
That collapse was 100% Dirks fault.

The guy just doesn't have what it takes to get it done in the post-season.

He's a soft euro.

37/15 Game 7 in San Antonio, he has it, hes just not consistent with it.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #24
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Golden State cuases Dallas matchup nightmares because Dallas doesnt have a low post scoring threat, thats the only reason why.

Dallas causes San Antonio matchup problems because they are much more athletic that the Spurs, Dallas would have beaten them in 7 games if they would have meet.

see, what i'm saying is that, if you are a true championship contender, then you don't lose a series because of something like, lacking offensive post presence. that's an excuse.

an inherently dominant team that is built for the postseason doesn't let any kind of match up problem exploit their weakness without adjusting.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #25
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You don't think it would've been close?
The same team that showed up for the Golden State series would have got blown out of the water by San Antonio.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:59 PM   #26
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I just hope Avery stops making him be something hes not and let him be Dirk, let him shoot 3 pointers and stop trying to force him to be a low post player because he never will be and has no interest in becoming one. The Mavs need to find a low post scoring threat, weather thats Brand, Randolph or maybe someone else and let Dirk play like hes most comfortable.

I mean what is Avery to do? If I had a 7 footer who had the skill that dirk has, I'd make him play in the post too.. I'd laugh my ass off if he told me he wanted to shoot 3's instead... Dirk is the best player and the only guy on the roster capable of playing effectively down there on Offense and defense...He has gotta man up and do it if he wants that ring.....
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:20 PM   #27
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Before last years finals, Dirk was actually known for stepping his game up in the playoffs. Too bad 2 bad series change everything. He regularly murdered KG, played Duncan even in last years series, murdered the Suns afterwards, including a 50 point game. And in the first round he killed Gasol and the Grizzlies scoring 31 per game in a sweep. His playoff numbers are considerably up from his regular season career numbers. Even in this years first round he averaged 20/12.
But you guys are quick to hate in him because he's not American. Where is the LeBron hate? He hasn't proven anywhere near as much in the playoffs as Dirk. Actually, Dirk has done more in the playoffs than all but Duncan, Shaq and Wade when we talk about active players.

KG only got out of the 1st round once
Bron got his team to the finals and failed even more miserably than Dirk last year.
Kobe has yet to make it out of the first round as the leader of his team, and the one year where he was the #1 option (2004) he failed and played embarrasingly bad.
Nash never made it out of the WCF.

That's probably the top 7 players in the league (not counting Shaq), and only 2 of them have proven more than Dirk. Dirk and Kobe are the only ones that have beaten Duncan and the Spurs, Kobe not as the leader. Nash failed 2 times.

Maybe you guys need to chill and stop all the senseless Dirk hate. He's one of the best players in the league, AND a foreigner, live with it.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:40 PM   #28
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Even if they had met the Spurs in the playoffs, they would have been clobbered.
the Mavs are a better team than they were last year...

the Spurs are a worse team than they were last year

the Mavs beat the Spurs in last years playoffs

the Mavs beat the Spurs during the regular season

the Mavs would have been the Vegas odds favorites to beat the Spurs this year

and you should be FU-CKING BANNED FOR THIS RETARDED THREAD

the Spurs played like sh-it last night....what the hell makes you think the Mavs wouldn't have handled up on them????

SA is lucky as hell the Mavs had to face the ONLY team in the NBA that could have beat them....and that is the TRUTH
Old 06-15-2007, 03:17 PM   #29
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
the Mavs are a better team than they were last year...

the Spurs are a worse team than they were last year

the Mavs beat the Spurs in last years playoffs

the Mavs beat the Spurs during the regular season

the Mavs would have been the Vegas odds favorites to beat the Spurs this year

and you should be FU-CKING BANNED FOR THIS RETARDED THREAD

the Spurs played like sh-it last night....what the hell makes you think the Mavs wouldn't have handled up on them????

SA is lucky as hell the Mavs had to face the ONLY team in the NBA that could have beat them....and that is the TRUTH

the mavs are better this season, yet they went out earlier....

the spurs are better this season, b/c duncan's remained healthy....

the mavs beat the spurs last year, yet didn't earn the right to play there this year (even though the spurs had the tougher road by a LONG shot)

the mavs won the regular season games, but so did the cavs/jazz

the mavs would have been the vegas odds favorites, but so were the suns

the mavs had problems matching up with another team, the spurs did not.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #30
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang

Uchiha_Hai has an OK reputation so far

Last year wasn't, this year wasn't, and it won't be Mavs year next year either or the year after that. Mark Cuban and Dirk suck.
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: