Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #31
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Can someone remind me of why this was supposed to be the Mavs' year?

Quote:

But you guys are quick to hate in him because he's not American. Where is the LeBron hate? He hasn't proven anywhere near as much in the playoffs as Dirk. Actually, Dirk has done more in the playoffs than all but Duncan, Shaq and Wade when we talk about active players.

good one

Dirk isnt hated..... you see Kobe bryant? now that guy is hated

Dirk's team was favored to win the finals last year and they allowed a late sweep after they put themselves in a position to win... text book example of a choke job.....then he topped last years choke with an even better encore this year... better record....bigger choke to a worse team.

Lebron on the other hand is 22 years old and led his team to the finals to play against a team that nobody expected them to win against...Big difference

Quote:
Maybe you guys need to chill and stop all the senseless Dirk hate. He's one of the best players in the league, AND a foreigner, live with it.

its not senseless hate....

Dirk is a 7 footer who likes to play on the perimeter for crying out loud..

They need him in the post and yet he manages to get outplayed by Stephen Jackson who was a pariah until he redeemed himself by locking up Dirk...

Dirk's gotta lot of work to do next season....thats not hate, thats real
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #32
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Can someone remind me of why this was supposed to be the Mavs' year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
Before last years finals, Dirk was actually known for stepping his game up in the playoffs. Too bad 2 bad series change everything. He regularly murdered KG, played Duncan even in last years series, murdered the Suns afterwards, including a 50 point game. And in the first round he killed Gasol and the Grizzlies scoring 31 per game in a sweep. His playoff numbers are considerably up from his regular season career numbers. Even in this years first round he averaged 20/12.
But you guys are quick to hate in him because he's not American. Where is the LeBron hate? He hasn't proven anywhere near as much in the playoffs as Dirk. Actually, Dirk has done more in the playoffs than all but Duncan, Shaq and Wade when we talk about active players.

KG only got out of the 1st round once
Bron got his team to the finals and failed even more miserably than Dirk last year.
Kobe has yet to make it out of the first round as the leader of his team, and the one year where he was the #1 option (2004) he failed and played embarrasingly bad.
Nash never made it out of the WCF.

That's probably the top 7 players in the league (not counting Shaq), and only 2 of them have proven more than Dirk. Dirk and Kobe are the only ones that have beaten Duncan and the Spurs, Kobe not as the leader. Nash failed 2 times.

Maybe you guys need to chill and stop all the senseless Dirk hate. He's one of the best players in the league, AND a foreigner, live with it.

Co-sign
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #33
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
the mavs are better this season, yet they went out earlier....

the spurs are better this season, b/c duncan's remained healthy....

the mavs beat the spurs last year, yet didn't earn the right to play there this year (even though the spurs had the tougher road by a LONG shot)

the mavs won the regular season games, but so did the cavs/jazz

the mavs would have been the vegas odds favorites, but so were the suns

the mavs had problems matching up with another team, the spurs did not.

The spurs have problems matching up with the mavs as proven last year and this year during the regular season.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #34
Skyscraper
Local High School Star

Skyscraper is a pretty well-respected posterSkyscraper is a pretty well-respected posterSkyscraper is a pretty well-respected poster

the Mavericks managed to pull off there winning streaks of 10+ games in a row and many felt that they made the proper adjustments to recover from losing in the Finals, and with San Antonio struggling and everyone assuming Phoenix could not win with offense, people pegged the Mavericks this year
Skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #35
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
good one

Dirk's team was favored to win the finals last year and they allowed a late sweep after they put themselves in a position to win... text book example of a choke job.....then he topped last years choke with an even better encore this year... better record....bigger choke to a worse team.

Lebron on the other hand is 22 years old and led his team to the finals to play against a team that nobody expected them to win against...Big difference

They need him in the post and yet he manages to get outplayed by Stephen Jackson who was a pariah until he redeemed himself by locking up Dirk...

Dirk easily couldve done the same with the teams that lebron and the cavs faced.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #36
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Dirk couldn't even get past the 8th seeded Warriors.

Last year was a rare heroic year for Dirk. Those NEVER happen.

He's a choker in the post-season. He loses, he doesn't win.
And you are the biggest dip**** on this board. Dirks career numbers speak for themselves in the playoffs. His career averages in games in which the mavs face elimination speak for themselves. Your continued lunacy and speaks for itself.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:12 PM   #37
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
good one

The same logic about posting applies to lebron. He weighs more than dirk. Why is his big ass not on the block and why does he not get hated on for not being on the block?
Old 06-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #38
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Hey morons...

Do you see anything wrong with the statement "Dirk would have dominated and won the championship if he could have gotten past the 8th seed!"

I swear my fellow Mavs fans are some of the dumbest fans of any team. Bunch of ugly, fat, white, southern, idiots. Thank goodness I'm not from Texas.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:21 PM   #39
-primetime-

Quote:
Hey morons...

Do you see anything wrong with the statement "Dirk would have dominated and won the championship if he could have gotten past the 8th seed!"

I swear my fellow Mavs fans are some of the dumbest fans of any team. Bunch of ugly, fat, white, southern, idiots. Thank goodness I'm not from Texas.

where are you from?
Old 06-15-2007, 07:23 PM   #40
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Hey morons...

then quit pretending to be a mavs fan. Though i think the logic was more "dirk would have dominated and won the championship if they could have just gotten past the most athletic team in the nba" Also since when did dirk lose that series by himself? Where is all the talk of lebron losing the finals by himself? He played worse in the finals then dirk did in either of the last 2 series that he has been crucified for.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:26 PM   #41
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
then quit pretending to be a mavs fan. Though i think the logic was more "dirk would have dominated and won the championship if they could have just gotten past the most athletic team in the nba" Also since when did dirk lose that series by himself? Where is all the talk of lebron losing the finals by himself? He played worse in the finals then dirk did in either of the last 2 series that he has been crucified for.
wait a second, that jack ass claims to be a Mavs fan and is saying "thank goodness I am not from Texas" at the same time?....hmm

he probably lives in Mississippi
Old 06-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #42
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
wait a second, that jack ass claims to be a Mavs fan and is saying "thank goodness I am not from Texas" at the same time?....hmm

he probably lives in Mississippi
yes he claims to be a mavs fan. Hes used to be entertaining but hes taken his schtick too far and he hasnt come up with anything new. Basically his schtick is that he hates dirk but claims dirk is his favorite player.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:31 PM   #43
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19

Lebron's performance in the this year's finals are close to the worst of any "superstar" ever. But people will always say "he is only 22".
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:39 PM   #44
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Lebron's performance in the this year's finals are close to the worst of any "superstar" ever. But people will always say "he is only 22".
I actually like lebron. Behind nash and fin(the obvious mavs connections, btw congrats to fin for winning a ring) hes probably my favorite non mav. That said im not sure that i can think of a worse performance by a superstar in the finals.

All that said, it doesnt matter, Dirk played poorly. Whether someone else played worse doesnt change that fact i just laugh when i see how things are portrayed. It really hit me after game 6 of the detroit cavs series just how differently things are portrayed and how the media dip****s can skew peoples perceptions. The exact wording on espn after game 6 was "lebron james lead the cavs to the win with 20 points and 14 rebounds, Daniel gibson also chipped in with 31 points." If that had been dirk and say jason terry it would have been "Jason terry carries the mavs to victory with 31 as dirk nowitzki struggled to score with only 20 points on poor shooting."

But like i said doesnt change how dirk played, i just think its weird. And tmacs regardless of what anyone thinks might have happened(and for the record i dont think dallas would have beaten SA with damp hurt(he had a torn rotator cuff)) what did happen is dallas lost so thats that.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #45
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

So I have to be a Dirk fan in order to be a Mavs fan? If that's the case then all you Dirk ******** who are only Dirk fans and not Mavs fans are in the same boat as me.

We need to trade Dirk for a franchise player that doesn't *****up in the post-season.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: