Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-07-2018, 11:27 AM   #1
Hardtop Hero
I rule the local playground

Default Trump claimed he divorced Marla Maples because her family was ‘dumb southerners’

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/tru...y-post-editor/

Of course this dovetails nicely with Bob Woodward's expertly sourced book, where he's quoted as saying it about Sessions. So what's the significance of this? Well, obviously, much of Trump's base is southerners, and the irony of this is that he has contempt and disrespect for the majority of his supporters! However, even though he feels this way about them, they will continue to support him while yelling "fake news", thus proving he's right to think of them as dumb.

Secondly, it also reminds me of Lyndon B Johnson's words regarding racism: "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Neither Trump, nor the rest of the Republicans give a damn about the base, or the "common white man". To them, they are simply tools to vote them into office to enact tax cuts and other policies that will hurt them.

They know that to appeal to dummies, you distract them with scapegoats (Muslims, immigrants, blacks, gays, etc.) so they don't look at how you're really screwing them. That way the rubes don't join forces with the people they should in order to enact actual change that would benefit them.
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:51 PM   #2
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Default Re: Trump claimed he divorced Marla Maples because her family was ‘dumb southerners’

Don’t care.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Default Re: Trump claimed he divorced Marla Maples because her family was ‘dumb southerners’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtop Hero
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/tru...y-post-editor/

Of course this dovetails nicely with Bob Woodward's expertly sourced book, where he's quoted as saying it about Sessions. So what's the significance of this? Well, obviously, much of Trump's base is southerners, and the irony of this is that he has contempt and disrespect for the majority of his supporters! However, even though he feels this way about them, they will continue to support him while yelling "fake news", thus proving he's right to think of them as dumb.

Secondly, it also reminds me of Lyndon B Johnson's words regarding racism: "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Neither Trump, nor the rest of the Republicans give a damn about the base, or the "common white man". To them, they are simply tools to vote them into office to enact tax cuts and other policies that will hurt them.

They know that to appeal to dummies, you distract them with scapegoats (Muslims, immigrants, blacks, gays, etc.) so they don't look at how you're really screwing them. That way the rubes don't join forces with the people they should in order to enact actual change that would benefit them.

Not particularly surprising, yet certain voters are bound to note that they "don't care." When you're heavily invested in a person, it's often hard to extricate yourself; you feel bound to offer continued support, not because you still like them, but because you don't want to admit to yourself that you were easily taken. The cognitive dissonance sets in and you find yourself defending things you would never have defended prior.

This is what will happen with the Mueller probe. Even if evidence of serious illegal activity is put forward against Trump, family members or White House or campaign staff, a decent percentage of the electorate will not care. Tribalism is a powerful thing, even if the person at the head of the tribe obviously cares little for his followers.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:20 PM   #4
Hardtop Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Don’t care.

Of course you don't, lol. You're one of the rubes I mentioned above. It's why you argue with intellectual dishonesty, obfuscation and mendacity as opposed to substantive discourse. You are an ideal useful idiot.

Roger Stone just came out and said Trump should fire "hillbilly" Jeff Sessions. This is what they really think off their base. Suckers to vote for them.

Good piece I just read today regarding Trump voters, and how they've been duped.

“If you’re a Trump supporter struggling to keep up with your rent, pay for your medicine, feed your kids, and maybe buy a small pick-up truck on long-term credit, then there’s a good chance you’re directing your anger, resentment, and disdain at exactly the wrong people,” Weathers wrote. “You have bought into myths designed to protect the rich and feed their greed. You have been duped.”

“Your enemy is the Wall Street broker and the oil tycoon and the $40 million-a-year CEO who are sponging up the wealth before it ever trickles down to you. Your enemies are folks like the Koch brothers, Sheldon Adelson, the DuPonts, and the politicians they have in their pockets,” he continued.

The super-rich want you to direct your resentments down the economic ladder at others, like yourselves, who are simply trying to get through the month without going hungry. They want to distract you from looking up the economic ladder at those who are exploiting the labor of folks just like you in order to pad their penthouses with more gold-plated trappings,” he wrote. “I’ve spent time with the super-rich: They don’t work as hard as you do, and the only smarts they have is the sophistication to work a rigged system. Most of them have simply been lucky — no better than the guy who made a gazillion dollars from Beanie Babies. As for how God feels about the very rich, I refer you to the New Testament.”

“In fact, the super-rich are what they have always been: not job creators, but money manipulators and labor exploiters,” Weathers added for emphasis.

https://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/look-up-not-down-a-message-to-young-trump-supporters/Content?oid=15698154&utm_source=The+Memphis+Flyer& utm_campaign=5fdb1e92c5-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_09_08_07_34&utm_medium=email&u tm_term=0_8db73d5317-5fdb1e92c5-261645969

People like you are the perfect tool, tool.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:24 PM   #5
Hardtop Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Not particularly surprising, yet certain voters are bound to note that they "don't care." When you're heavily invested in a person, it's often hard to extricate yourself; you feel bound to offer continued support, not because you still like them, but because you don't want to admit to yourself that you were easily taken. The cognitive dissonance sets in and you find yourself defending things you would never have defended prior.

This is what will happen with the Mueller probe. Even if evidence of serious illegal activity is put forward against Trump, family members or White House or campaign staff, a decent percentage of the electorate will not care. Tribalism is a powerful thing, even if the person at the head of the tribe obviously cares little for his followers.

Yup.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:15 PM   #6
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
As for how God feels about the very rich, I refer you to the New Testament.”

Not a lot of Conservative Christians like referencing James 5.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:43 PM   #7
warriorfan
It’s gonna be easy!

Numbersixfeetdeep
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:44 PM   #8
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Of course you don't, lol. You're one of the rubes I mentioned
Yes, I’m a rube. I don’t have the common sense to dump the GOP and support the Democrats (a party I completely disagree with on everything) because the important things like Trump may or may not have privately insulted his ex wife’s family. I guess I’m just irrational like that.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:50 PM   #9
DeRozan m8
See ya Kiwi

These threads are so cringe hahahah

tRUMP SED DIS

Who gives a fvck, get a life and stop being a brainwashed little sheep
DeRozan m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:52 PM   #10
qrich
King Heno

So he didn't like an ex's family?

This is all of a sudden something big?

Talk about a reach.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:53 PM   #11
DJMcDonald
TTD

Quote:
Don’t care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRozan m8
These threads are so cringe hahahah

tRUMP SED DIS

Who gives a fvck, get a life and stop being a brainwashed little sheep
These.
DJMcDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #12
Smoke117
The King Returns...

Trump 2020!!!!!!!!
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:55 AM   #13
Facepalm
Local High School Star

Quote:
Don’t care.
Useful idiot
Facepalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:48 AM   #14
Lakers Legend#32
College star

What a coincidence. Most of Trump's supporters are Dumb Southerners.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:34 AM   #15
Long Duck Dong
Local High School Star

So we are taking the word of a gossip columnist as fact now?
Long Duck Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: