Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-10-2018, 12:00 PM   #16
CelticBaller
Killer Instinct

Default Re: Trump claimed he divorced Marla Maples because her family was ‘dumb southerners’

He’s right. The south has more dumbasses because of all the inbreeding
CelticBaller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:33 PM   #17
Hardtop Hero
I rule the local playground

Default Re: Trump claimed he divorced Marla Maples because her family was ‘dumb southerners’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
So we are taking the word of a gossip columnist as fact now?

LOL and Woodward's account? It's really hard not to call Trump supporters dumb when they constantly go out of their way to prove that they are. Often proudly. Additionally, long term Trump ALLY Roger Stone called Sessions a hillbilly. So it's quite obvious that all of these guys have no respect for their base. Useful idiots. You know, like yourself.
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:35 PM   #18
Hardtop Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Yes, I’m a rube. I don’t have the common sense to dump the GOP and support the Democrats (a party I completely disagree with on everything) because the important things like Trump may or may not have privately insulted his ex wife’s family. I guess I’m just irrational like that.

Yes, you're a rube for all the reasons I outlined previously. Also, a useful idiot. Don't forget that part.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #19
Lakers Legend#32
College superstar

It's true. Southerners are dumb. Trump finally gets one thing right.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:55 PM   #20
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtop Hero
Yes, you're a rube for all the reasons I outlined previously. Also, a useful idiot. Don't forget that part.
I’m not sure that phrase means what you think it means.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #21
Hardtop Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
I’m not sure that phrase means what you think it means.

In political jargon, a useful idiot is a derogatory term for a person perceived as a propagandist for a cause of whose goals they are not fully aware and who is used cynically by the leaders of the cause.

Nope. I couldn't think of a better description for you, and anyone who would support the GOP/Trump (that isn't making about $200,000 per year+). They're just not that into you Six. But they'll gladly take you spreading misinformation for them though. All while laughing at you behind your back. You know, like how Trump, Stone et al laugh at their "dumb southerner" base, and the "poorly educated" (the gleam in Trump's eye when he said that told it all).
Old 09-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #22
Terahite
Free Nick Young

I don't see Trump coming back from this one.
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:32 PM   #23
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
So we are taking the word of a gossip columnist as fact now?

At this point, ANY word is more credible than Trump's.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:35 PM   #24
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

It matters because he's the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, not some random troll on Reddit.

He represents all people (or he's supposed to) and it's an insult that he sees Southerners as such.

How can he be trusted to govern and make decisions that affects us all when he thinks that way?

I mean, we all know that he doesn't care about anyone but himself, but this is yet another example. And naturally, his base won't care even when he's insulting them.

So I guess he is right about one thing... Southerners are dumb.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #25
TheImmortal
LeGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtop Hero
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/tru...y-post-editor/

Of course this dovetails nicely with Bob Woodward's expertly sourced book, where he's quoted as saying it about Sessions. So what's the significance of this? Well, obviously, much of Trump's base is southerners, and the irony of this is that he has contempt and disrespect for the majority of his supporters! However, even though he feels this way about them, they will continue to support him while yelling "fake news", thus proving he's right to think of them as dumb.

Secondly, it also reminds me of Lyndon B Johnson's words regarding racism: "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Neither Trump, nor the rest of the Republicans give a damn about the base, or the "common white man". To them, they are simply tools to vote them into office to enact tax cuts and other policies that will hurt them.

They know that to appeal to dummies, you distract them with scapegoats (Muslims, immigrants, blacks, gays, etc.) so they don't look at how you're really screwing them. That way the rubes don't join forces with the people they should in order to enact actual change that would benefit them.
LBJ (Lyndon B Johnson) is a POS though.. ehm.. USS Liberty ehm..
TheImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:43 PM   #26
Terahite
Free Nick Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImmortal
LBJ (Lyndon B Johnson) is a POS though.. ehm.. USS Liberty ehm..

Don't forget John McCain's father who was complicit in the coverup. Another "war hero".
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:45 PM   #27
Patrick Chewing
#MAGADETH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terahite

LOL this could be the one that finishes him.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:55 PM   #28
Vragrant
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Not particularly surprising, yet certain voters are bound to note that they "don't care." When you're heavily invested in a person, it's often hard to extricate yourself; you feel bound to offer continued support, not because you still like them, but because you don't want to admit to yourself that you were easily taken. The cognitive dissonance sets in and you find yourself defending things you would never have defended prior.

Yes, cognitive dissonance is huge to the more self aware Trump voter/disciple. To the zombie horde that makes up the cultist portion of Trumps' base, the devotion to their master is also like the halo effect.

Once you form a positive impression of somebody, you unconsciously misinterpret their behaviour to conform to your initial beliefs about them.The same way attractive people are thought of as more intelligent/successful. They just unconsciously can't do it. Plus, they are too dumb to believe an entitled billionaire from New York actually gives a damn about them.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:27 AM   #29
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terahite

Hillary getting sworn in any day now.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:56 AM   #30
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Anniversary of 9/11, major hurricanes and whats the first tweet about today?

An attack on the FBI and investigation ie ‘himself’.

He only cares about himself.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: