Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-12-2018, 04:25 PM   #91
Hardtop Hero
I rule the local playground

Default Re: Trump claimed he divorced Marla Maples because her family was ‘dumb southerners’

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Yes “they” switched parties 30 years after that.

Have the Democrats apologized for the confederacy, unanimously voting against ending slavery, voting against making blacks citizens, the KKK, segregation, blocking anti-lynching laws, Japanese-American internment camps?

This is the technique right wingers use to deflect. Er, put it on the Democrats. Guess what? I'm not some Democrat apologist. However, over the past 40 years or so, one party has clearly been more hostile to black people, which is why Repubs get like 5% or less of the black vote typically. Again, we're not stupid. Why would we support a party who is outwardly hostile towards us for all the reasons I previously outlined (and that you conveniently ignored)? Yes, much of the Republican party IS made up of hate, and is proud of it.

If you can't see why so many of us see a large part of the modern Republican party as Nazis, haters, etc. than you're lying and once again you can go f*** yourself (your words).
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:38 PM   #92
Patrick Chewing
#MAGA #TIGERBLOOD

Default Re: Trump claimed he divorced Marla Maples because her family was ‘dumb southerners’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtop Hero
This is the technique right wingers use to deflect. Er, put it on the Democrats. Guess what? I'm not some Democrat apologist. However, over the past 40 years or so, one party has clearly been more hostile to black people, which is why Repubs get like 5% or less of the black vote typically. Again, we're not stupid. Why would we support a party who is outwardly hostile towards us for all the reasons I previously outlined (and that you conveniently ignored)? Yes, much of the Republican party IS made up of hate, and is proud of it.

If you can't see why so many of us see a large part of the modern Republican party as Nazis, haters, etc. than you're lying and once again you can go f*** yourself (your words).

Hostile in what way? The poorest and most run down ghettos have been Democrat run for over 60 years!
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:59 PM   #93
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols

but thats the point. All the working professionals moving to red states are going there with a blue mentality. These are educated individuals who cant be gerrymandered by local redneck politcians. Wont bode well for your agenda long term roof.

Yeah, which doesn't make them very smart to begin with if they can't put two and two togetherr as the reason why one state has jobs and the other doesn't.

Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:21 PM   #94
Hardtop Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Hostile in what way? The poorest and most run down ghettos have been Democrat run for over 60 years!

Chewing, I honestly don't mean this insultingly but rather matter of factly. Like most drooling wingers, you're just not intelligent enough to have a nuanced conversation about, well anything with. You've been polluted by years and years of Fox, Breitbart, etc. programming. Therefore it's useless to try and impart some kind of knowledge to you, because you're just a walking caricature of wingnut stereotypes.

The world breaks down into black and white to you, literally. White = good and righteous (well, conservative whites that is), "others" = inferior and bad. You'll deny it, of course, but it really is that simple for you and those that think like you. The LBJ quote fits you to an absolute t.

Fox, Breitbart, etc. just reconfirms your beliefs and allows you sweet dreams of white superiority (well, white conservative superiority anyway) every night and that's that. You're not interested in, nor respect the views of anyone not in that very narrow box, so it's worthless to attempt to explain anything to you.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:27 PM   #95
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Fox, Breitbart, etc. just reconfirms your beliefs

I actually watched a little of CNN last night to get an update on the hurricane. My God is that channel a stinking load of horse shit. It was like one of your snowflake post rants on repeat.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:28 PM   #96
Patrick Chewing
#MAGA #TIGERBLOOD

Quote:
Chewing, I honestly don't mean this insultingly but rather matter of factly. Like most drooling wingers, you're just not intelligent enough to have a nuanced conversation about, well anything with. You've been polluted by years and years of Fox, Breitbart, etc. programming. Therefore it's useless to try and impart some kind of knowledge to you, because you're just a walking caricature of wingnut stereotypes.

The world breaks down into black and white to you, literally. White = good and righteous (well, conservative whites that is), "others" = inferior and bad. You'll deny it, of course, but it really is that simple for you and those that think like you. The LBJ quote fits you to an absolute t.

Fox, Breitbart, etc. just reconfirms your beliefs and allows you sweet dreams of white superiority (well, white conservative superiority anyway) every night and that's that. You're not interested in, nor respect the views of anyone not in that very narrow box, so it's worthless to attempt to explain anything to you.

As usual, when cornered, deflect, deflect, deflect by writing three worthless paragraphs about how you can't answer the question.

Sigh.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:11 PM   #97
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Why would we support a party who is outwardly hostile towards us for all the reasons I previously outlined (and that you conveniently ignored)?
Us? Didn’t you admit that you’re DeuceWallace? I guess I could be mixing you up with someone else. I’ve genuinely thought this whole time that you were DeuceWallace.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:18 AM   #98
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Yeah, so? When it’s clear that things are not ready yet you make a new agreement. I man, look at Afghanistan. 17 years later and STILL there.

Yeah... I want to take the Afghanistan comment as sarcasm since being in Afghanistan for 17 years is not a good thing. On the off chance that it is not, again, the Iraqi government no longer wanted us in Iraq, and al Maliki had little desire to rip up the standing agreement and keep US troops in the country. The concessions we would have needed to make were untenable and we couldn't simply pull another 2003 and run roughshod over their government and stay. What has happened in Afghanistan is exactly what we and the Iraqis were looking to avoid in Iraq, and our continued presence in Iraq at the time would have been extremely hard to explain to the American people. Basically, the argument would be that we screwed up the region by throwing off the balance of power, so we now have to stay indefinitely to make sure the region remains stable. That wasn't going to fly.

Quote:
There’s only so many times you can call decent people racists, nazis and the party of hate before they say “you know what? go f*ck yourself”. Especially when the party throwing out these accusations are actually the perpetrators of all the evils of the past.

Are you telling us that Republicans, who, 3 years ago, were extremely concerned about the moral decay taking place in our society, stopped caring about that moral decay because of charges that have been leveled against some of them going back 50 years? Lol, they just started caring about being called racists? No, I think they are now being extremely selective about the kinds of moral decay that they show concern for. Imaginary war on Christmas... OMG, we need to push back the forces of darkness. The President has cheated on each of his 3 wives multiple times and the most recent ones (that we know of) required that he pay off the side chicks... meh. Congressmen sexually harassing staff, pages, random people in bathrooms... meh. But no, for real, it's the Democrats' and Independents' fault.

Also, how do we know there aren't fine people practically milling around with the Nazis and White Supremacists like Trump indicated?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:35 AM   #99
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Have the Democrats apologized for the confederacy, unanimously voting against ending slavery, voting against making blacks citizens, the KKK, segregation, blocking anti-lynching laws, Japanese-American internment camps?

The Democratic Party has a sordid history, no doubt. The question is this: why was the Republican party of the 60s so intent on pandering to the racist elements of the Democratic Party?

Here's the problem, southern states were reliably blue prior Goldwater and the mid-1960s. Those blue states were the states that resisted desegregation and African Americans' attempts to gain full voting rights. Then all of a sudden, they started voting red in Presidential elections. What happened? Did all the racists leave those states? Did they stop voting? Did the South suddenly become a bastion of equality?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:20 AM   #100
Hardtop Hero

Quote:
Us? Didn’t you admit that you’re DeuceWallace? I guess I could be mixing you up with someone else. I’ve genuinely thought this whole time that you were DeuceWallace.

Nah, not me. And from what I remember of that guy he doesn't write anything like me.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:30 AM   #101
Hardtop Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
As usual, when cornered, deflect, deflect, deflect by writing three worthless paragraphs about how you can't answer the question.

Sigh.

Hey, just taking a page out of your book. Only I didn't post a meme at least. To explain how black people ended up in this situation in America would require me to give you a detailed history lesson of this nation, specifically how it relates to black people in America. You would no doubt reject this history lesson, as people such as yourself are wont to do, so again it's pointless. You just engaged in a cliched winger trope: "Chicago! What about Chicago!! Huh? What about the ghettos?? Huh? Huh?" It's typical.

Additionally, I see you won't turn that same lens around to the red states, which are overwhelmingly the poorest and least educated in the nation.

Here's what you have to understand. I know how people like you think. At least from what you've expressed on this board, you're every stereotype of the mindless winger. For instance, I'm 100% sure you hate "ghetto, thug black people" (well, pretty much all black people, but you'll tolerate athletes, as long as they don't kneel). However, we have a classless, ignorant, buffoon in the White House who has consorted with criminals HIS ENTIRE life! Who undermines the rule of law DAILY! Who attempts to smear a decorated war hero (Mueller) with an impeccable record! He EMBODIES all the things you supposedly hate about "others", yet you lionize him.

Someone such as yourself simply can't be reasoned with. You'd have to have a personal epiphany to alter your defective character.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: