Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-11-2018, 10:10 PM   #16
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Default Re: Larry Brown On EuroLeague: "I Was Amazed By The Level Of Coaching"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzy
Blatt lasted a whole whopping 1.5 years until he was right back in Turkey

NBA Teams didn't even sniff at offering him an assistant role after he was axed from Cavs

Blatt is an OK coach for EuroLeague level - nothing more than that. US media just hyped him up for no reason.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:19 PM   #17
DJMcDonald
The Hamptons

Tyronn ****ing Lue came in and took Blatt's team, the Euroleague's golden boy of coaching, to the promiseland.
DJMcDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #18
HoopologyPhD
Good High School Starter

LB would bring back the peach buckets, short shorts and stationary two handed set shot if he had his say.
HoopologyPhD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:28 PM   #19
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
You wouldn't expect him to say something. You'd only expect him to just turn down the offer to change continent due to the supposed low level of...whatever you think is the matter. Especially at the age of 77.

He probably needs income. The dude tried to big time SMU into giving him a bigger contract right as he got them NCAA penalties and they told him no so he quit.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #20
Hey Yo
5-time NBA All-Star

Blatt Returns

"Rumors indicated the Knicks considered hiring former Cavaliers coach David Blatt, but they settled on David Fizdale. Blatt returned to Europe, signing with Olympiacos. Blatt, who led Maccabi Tel Aviv to the 2013-14 EuroLeague championship, is one of the most revered names in European hoops.

“The acquisition of David Blatt was probably the greatest acquisition for Olympiacos,” Kalkavourous shared on the phone from Athens. “Everybody here in Europe, in Greece especially, is considering that Blatt is the man who will bring Olympiacos to the final four.”

Olympiacos also added former Gonzaga standout Nigel Williams-Goss. Bernucca agreed that Olympiacos is “a pretty safe bet for the final four.” BetDSI pegs the squad’s championship odds at 9-1.

https://www.getmoresports.com/sports...-betting-odds/
Hey Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #21
Haymaker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurocup...l-of-coaching/

Larry Brown: Every time I watched EuroLeague & EuroCup I was amazed by the level of coaching

On the level of European basketball and coaching:

“American coaches were always invited to give clinics and talks, me included,” he said. “At one time, we thought we were the greatest coaches in the world. But every time I got to experience the situation here (in Europe), I realized how bright and brilliant these guys are.

“The coaching is very underrated. People just assume that the best coaches are American. I laughed every time I watched EuroLeague and EuroCup games because I was amazed by the level of coaching.”

“I do love the way the game is played here. I have unbelievable respect for the coaching and the quality of play. It’s going to be a challenge for me. It’s not going to be easy; I understand that. If we can get healthy, though, it’s going to be fun. I’m very excited.”

Brown got out-coached in Athens. He's so overrated. Carlisle would've won with Detroit anyway.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:52 AM   #22
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

Probably licking his chops at all the berating and bullying he can get away with over there.

The only class thing I can remember him doing is taking a timeout since the Pacers didn't have one when Reggie Miller exited his final game so the crowd could give him a standing O.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: