Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

View Poll Results: Who will be better
Luka 30 62.50%
Simmons 18 37.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2018, 12:51 AM   #16
FKAri
5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Luka Doncic vs Ben Simmons

Simmons gives me Kawhi vibes. He might be defective. I'll roll with Doncic even if he's a bust.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:06 AM   #17
Mask the Embiid
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

i voted doncic just to up the hype even more so when he falls, it will make it that much sweeter

Mask the Embiid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:44 PM   #18
bizil
College superstar

I haven't seen much of Luka at all. NO DOUBT he's a more skilled offensive player. His total scoring skillset is much better. And his passing is also top notch. I've seen people compare him to Joe Johnson and even Rick Barry for various reasons. IF he's a superstar level player, then Barry would be more proper a comparison than Joe. In terms of total offensive skill (great scorer, great scoring skillset, great passing) as a package, Barry was the best SF ever UNTIL Bird came down the pike. So if Luka is on that shit, then WATCH OUT!

But with that said, I'VE SEEN what Ben can do in the league. In terms of size, freak athletic, and floor game as a package, he's the closest we've seen to Bron. He's not nearly the scorer Bron is yet though. And SURELY needs to work on his scoring skillset. So for me, Ben has more upside. Because he's an elite defender, great passer, and great rebounding PG already.

His mindset passing is more like Magic than Bron. Even though Bron is pass first, he's a dominant freak athlete scorer like a Doc or Nique at the SF. Magic and Ben are more pass first than Bron and were born to be big PG's.
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:55 PM   #19
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMcDonald
Doncic is a more athletic Hedo Turkoglu. Simmons is a more athletic Magic Johnson.

>More athletic Magic Johnson

Dude can't hit a free throw. 1 point in a playoff game. Blegh.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:57 PM   #20
Smoke117
The King Returns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el

Don't feed the troll. Luka is clearly a more talented basketball player, but Ben Simmons has that all world athleticism that just means so much in a sport like basketball. I guess we'll see how it plays out.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:05 PM   #21
DJMcDonald
TTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el

So Tragic Johnson never choked before?
DJMcDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:14 PM   #22
bizil
College superstar

In terms of Ben's floor game and size, I see the Magic comparisons. BUT Magic over time developed a VERY GOOD scoring arsenal. Plus he had great efficiency from the field and the line. So as great as Magic was, it was EASY TO SEE he kept refining his game year after year.

So we shall see if Ben does the same. One thing I RESPECT about Ben is that he knows the limitations of his game. YET he still still shoots a great percentage from the field BECAUSE of that.

Last edited by bizil : 09-10-2018 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:09 PM   #23
jongib369
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizil
I haven't seen much of Luka at all. NO DOUBT he's a more skilled offensive player. His total scoring skillset is much better. And his passing is also top notch. I've seen people compare him to Joe Johnson and even Rick Barry for various reasons. IF he's a superstar level player, then Barry would be more proper a comparison than Joe. In terms of total offensive skill (great scorer, great scoring skillset, great passing) as a package, Barry was the best SF ever UNTIL Bird came down the pike. So if Luka is on that shit, then WATCH OUT!

But with that said, I'VE SEEN what Ben can do in the league. In terms of size, freak athletic, and floor game as a package, he's the closest we've seen to Bron. He's not nearly the scorer Bron is yet though. And SURELY needs to work on his scoring skillset. So for me, Ben has more upside. Because he's an elite defender, great passer, and great rebounding PG already.

His mindset passing is more like Magic than Bron. Even though Bron is pass first, he's a dominant freak athlete scorer like a Doc or Nique at the SF. Magic and Ben are more pass first than Bron and were born to be big PG's.
Good comparison! I actually sent Luka a video of Rick Barry, and Larry bird in hopes he'd give them a watch. Two players he should definitely learn from.

Barry is so underrated it's a damn shame he's only known as the underhand free throw guy...There's SO much more to respect about that guys game.
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:01 AM   #24
bizil
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongib369
Good comparison! I actually sent Luka a video of Rick Barry, and Larry bird in hopes he'd give them a watch. Two players he should definitely learn from.

Barry is so underrated it's a damn shame he's only known as the underhand free throw guy...There's SO much more to respect about that guys game.

Hell ya Rick is underrated for sure. A lot people don't realize he was like a 6'7 220 pound version of Bird back in his era. Bird came along and added more size plus the new age three point stroke.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:22 AM   #25
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Ben basically established himself as a star in his rookie season, we don't see a lot of rookie seasons like that (funny Philly had it back to back years). His game is above average everywhere except shooting, but his bulldog motor and high skill/iq level on the court makes him so dangerous in every other facet of the game that his offence is good enough to make him a star in his first year.

Donic has all the skills to be a star and looks like he'll get plenty of opportunity, but it's hard to envision him as a better overall player, can easily see him as a better scorer, maybe a better passer(?? Ben showed some high level court vision last year), but most everything else will likely lean towards Simmons at end of careers.

I'm really high on Donic, he's going to be really good, but Ben lived up to all his hype and more and is in prime position to keep developing next to some other legit young stars so I don't see his development halting anytime soon. To answer the OPs question, In the end, Ben should come out on top as the better overall player IMO.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:57 AM   #26
90sgoat
I like Mike!

My bet is that some ugly guy will injure him in the first game out of pure spite.

Just like how that ugly guy Crowder injured Hayward on purpose.
90sgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #27
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizil
One thing I RESPECT about Ben is that he knows the limitations of his game. YET he still still shoots a great percentage from the field BECAUSE of that.
This.
He seems mature enough to know what's he capable of, now the question is if he's gonna take the time to reduce his weaknesses.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:36 AM   #28
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMcDonald
So Tragic Johnson never choked before?

He was literally the cluchest rookie in the history of basketball.

You are either trolling or retarded. Magic won the FMVP playing out of position as a rookie.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:39 AM   #29
fourkicks44
WE WERE RIGHT!

So ISH thinks Doncic will be better.... in a landslide.

Bookmarked.
fourkicks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #30
dbugz
College superstar

Doncic.

Not even close.
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: