Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2018, 06:17 PM   #31
Manny98
6th Man
 
Manny98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4,662
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

Gasol led the team in win shares and BPM in both 09 and 10 so it should be considered Gasols cast not Kobes

When your best player shoots 6/24 and you still win it goes to show who the best player. Kobe plays bad Lakers still win Gasols has a bad game and the Lakers instantly lose
Manny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:24 PM   #32
LAmbruh
My city. His kingdom.
 
LAmbruh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,681
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

Gasol has been flourishing in the playoffs for years without Kobe (how Life after LA was coined)


Had his best years with the Bulls too


No doubt he misses those easy LA put-backs though
LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:26 PM   #33
Smoke117
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 21,469
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
Gasol led the team in win shares and BPM in both 09 and 10 so it should be considered Gasols cast not Kobes

When your best player shoots 6/24 and you still win it goes to show who the best player. Kobe plays bad Lakers still win Gasols has a bad game and the Lakers instantly lose

This. Kobe is also one of the luckiest players ever. If KG doesn't get injured the Celtics were going to breeze to back to back championship in 09. They were better than they were in 08 before he got hurt. They'd probably have then won 2010, too.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #34
34-24 Footwork
ArousedBe
 
34-24 Footwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 8,120
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper
You realize neither of these two are able to score as efficiently as they do without Kobe setting them up right?

There's a reason they're both career playoff losers before Kobe.

You think this idiot knows anything about basketball? Just your average run of the mill statwhore.
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:00 PM   #35
Doranku
NBA All-star
 
Doranku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,782
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
This. Kobe is also one of the luckiest players ever. If KG doesn't get injured the Celtics were going to breeze to back to back championship in 09. They were better than they were in 08 before he got hurt. They'd probably have then won 2010, too.

Lakers were also much better in '09 than they were in '08. Only reason Celtics won in '08 was because Bynum was out and Ariza had JUST come back from an injury during the finals I believe.

It's easy to make excuses.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:04 PM   #36
Smoke117
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 21,469
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Lakers were also much better in '09 than they were in '08. Only reason Celtics won in '08 was because Bynum was out and Ariza had JUST come back from an injury during the finals I believe.

It's easy to make excuses.

Bynum was always out so he isn't even worth bringing up. Ariza was just plain a scrub. His being healthy or not wasn't going to change anything. Losing Garnett was like if the Lakers lost Kobe. Garnett was the best and most important player on a team who just won a championship and who had improved. Lakers would have got whooped again if KG doesn't go down with the knee injury.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:05 PM   #37
Docs Orders
elimination game james
 
Docs Orders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Shaker Hts, OH
Posts: 3,414
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Lakers were also much better in '09 than they were in '08. Only reason Celtics won in '08 was because Bynum was out and Ariza had JUST come back from an injury during the finals I believe.

It's easy to make excuses.
08 Boston spanked Lakers, 40 pt blowout to close series.

No amount of hypothetics was changing that onslaught, Pierce feasted on Kobe

Heck, even 22yo Lebron + gimping Illgauskus put a better lick on Celtics than LA did

So did Hawks
Docs Orders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:50 PM   #38
34-24 Footwork
ArousedBe
 
34-24 Footwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 8,120
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

A Kobe thread still brings the haters out like it's 2012. That longevity.

Incredible
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:15 PM   #39
jstern
NBA lottery pick
 
jstern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,841
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

They were favorites to win, both times. I think the Celtics were even 4th seeded.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:34 PM   #40
Keno
College star
 
Keno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,183
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

safe to say this thread has back fired and kobetards consuming nothing but L's as per usual.
Keno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #41
LAmbruh
My city. His kingdom.
 
LAmbruh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,681
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keno
safe to say this thread has back fired and kobetards consuming nothing but L's as per usual.
As spokesman for the Lakers/Kobe Fam, i'll hold the L for us
LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:33 PM   #42
Lakessss
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 279
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

Lakers wouldn’t have made it past Carmelo’s Nuggets if it wasn’t for some biased officiating down the stretch in that playoff series. I don’t think the league was gonna let the Nuggets make it to the finals to face the Magic. Also. Derek Fisher was out there knocking down 3’d down the stretch when the only thing Kobe could do was get to the free throw line. ( earlier point, officiating. ) The nuggets were robbed for ratings and everyone with a brain knows and saw this.

Last edited by Lakessss : 09-10-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Lakessss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:25 AM   #43
sammichoffate
Land o' Lakes
 
sammichoffate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,991
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

Kobe played injured heading into the postseason and Finals with a broken finger and still won the title.
sammichoffate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 01:37 AM   #44
brownmamba00
Cali Love
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,442
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakessss
Lakers wouldn’t have made it past Carmelo’s Nuggets if it wasn’t for some biased officiating down the stretch in that playoff series. I don’t think the league was gonna let the Nuggets make it to the finals to face the Magic. Also. Derek Fisher was out there knocking down 3’d down the stretch when the only thing Kobe could do was get to the free throw line. ( earlier point, officiating. ) The nuggets were robbed for ratings and everyone with a brain knows and saw this.
You mean the series where Ariza kept stripping Melo? That was in 08-09.

Kobe took a shit on Denver that series. Yeah I remember him strugglin the first two games but it was all gravy after that. JR got abused and Melo had no clue how to guard without fouling. Get a grip.
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:47 PM   #45
tamaraw08
College star
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,963
Default Re: Kobe’s 2009- 2010 cast(weakest squad to repeat?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docs Orders
08 Boston spanked Lakers, 40 pt blowout to close series.

No amount of hypothetics was changing that onslaught, Pierce feasted on Kobe

Heck, even 22yo Lebron + gimping Illgauskus put a better lick on Celtics than LA did

So did Hawks

the 23 yr old Lebron shot a remarkable 23% from the 3pt area and 35.5% FG as compared to Kobe's 32% from 3pt% and 40.5% FG%, so again you have failed to prove your point with facts.
Lakers was missing Bynum and the usually Clutch Fisher shot 19% from the 3pt area, with Ariza scoring 2.6 pts/game while Pau was manhandled in the paint with just 14.7 pts/game so it's logical to say it was a team loss.
Finals MVP Pierce averaged under 22 pts/game 6 other teammates have a higher EFG than him.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy