Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-12-2018, 08:55 PM   #16
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

Default Re: Gilbert Arenas 100k - 100 shit challenge

Here is a clip showing Tracy McGrady and Gilbert Arenas dropping some real long range shots during the 2005 Houston Relief Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_HKHu6XCqc
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:14 PM   #17
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
I've watched the pregrame warmup and players don't shoot anywhere close to that.

Well they are in an arena with much more distractions and just trying to get loose. How is your shooting when no one is watching?

I knew a guy that told me Freddie Jones doesn't miss in an open gym. Wasn't the case in the NBA. I've also heard that in NBA practices guys don't miss shots.

Some just can't shoot when the spotlights are on. Arenas could actually shoot in games. Wide open on catch and shoot is a lay up. The guy could do this one handed.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:19 PM   #18
scuzzy
Klutch Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Well they are in an arena with much more distractions and just trying to get loose. How is your shooting when no one is watching?

I knew a guy that told me Freddie Jones doesn't miss in an open gym. Wasn't the case in the NBA. I've also heard that in NBA practices guys don't miss shots.

Some just can't shoot when the spotlights are on. Arenas could actually shoot in games. Wide open on catch and shoot is a lay up. The guy could do this one handed.

I tend to agree with you mostly ITT

Watching pros shoot three's or jumpers is almost always automatic in closed door practice

Running back n forth during competition you simply lose rythm: fatigue, physicality, adrenaline, dopamine. It just affects your touch + focus (in any sport)

That's why it's best to do shooting drills: shoot, run half court, run back, shoot, run half court, run back shoot, etc
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:31 PM   #19
Jon Salley's 10
Saw a basketball once

Hitachi could still average 20 points on a playoff team if he wasn't blacklisted
Jon Salley's 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:44 PM   #20
Velocirap31
College star

Why was he blackballed from the league again? The gun fiasco? He was an incredible player. I remember the back to back game winners he had where he raised his arms and walked away before it went in.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:09 AM   #21
E_Stamkos
Friendliest Poster :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
Why was he blackballed from the league again? The gun fiasco? He was an incredible player. I remember the back to back game winners he had where he raised his arms and walked away before it went in.

A number of reasons but yes, the gun fiasco plays a part. Gilbo is only what, 33/34 years old?

He's a notable nuttcase so that's a deterrent for owners to welcome him on their payroll.

But the main reason is not due to blackballing but mainly because he's had 3 major surgeries on his knee and unfortunately can't withstand the grind of the game anymore. He proved as much during his final stints with Orlando and Memphis. He simply can't go...

It's one of the biggest and least discussed injury travesties of this century imo, up there with the likes of B.Roy. For a good 3 years, Arenas played at an ungodly level on the offensive end. Hence why the Wiz flipped him that massive contract, in spite of his hobbled knee.

Such a shame... for him personally as well as the fans as he was entertaining as shit, both on and off the court. Those arm raising walk off shots that you mentioned are an example. Nobody does that cocky shit. He did... and made them count
E_Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:22 AM   #22
paksat
Local High School Star

don't forget all the half court shots he'd bury right before half time

I still remember him saying how badly he was gonna merc certain teams because of the team usa coaches that cut him

think he went above 50 vs all of them, if anything the guy has an ungodly ability to back up his shit talk
paksat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:35 AM   #23
paksat
Local High School Star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sru7A17KxPM
paksat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #24
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07

This is a Lakers practice with no distraction :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_TJJEOvPBk

They're not shooting anywhere close to 90%
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: