Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-12-2018, 03:54 PM   #1
Patrick Chewing
#MAGADETH

Default TDS Alert: College Professor Shoots Himself to Protest Trump

Trump Derangement Syndrome Alert! ACHTUNG! ACHTUNG!

Quote:
A longtime sociology professor at the College of Southern Nevada (CSN) is facing felony charges after shooting himself on Aug. 28, the second day of the school year, The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

The professor, Mark Bird, took his .22 pistol into a restroom on campus. He taped a $100 bill and a note that said ,"For the janitor," onto one of the mirrors.

Bird stumbled out of the bathroom, bleeding, before he collapsed. Multiple faculty and at least one student witnessed the encounter before a 911 call was made.

When police arrived at the scene the .22 and a spent shell casing were found on the bathroom floor.

Witnesses told police they heard a loud noise come from the bathroom but they had no idea Bird was armed or had shot himself, police reports indicate.

"One college employee told police that he held Bird’s hand to calm him down as others tried to stop the bleeding. While waiting for authorities to arrive, Bird said he had shot himself in protest of President Donald Trump, police noted in their report. The report did not elaborate," The Review-Journal reported.

Around 9 a.m. that morning a campus-wide text alert was sent to students and faculty letting them know the scene was clear and the firearm had been recovered.

The CSN blog, "The Chronicle," briefly mentioned the incident although no details were provided:

We have received several inquiries surrounding the shooting incident on the Charleston Campus last week. I want to let everyone know that the CSN Police Department has concluded its investigation. An emeritus professor was treated for a self-inflicted injury in the hospital and subsequently arrested and charged with possessing a weapon on campus and other charges. I appreciate all of the expressions of concern and interest, and I pledge to keep everyone updated should the situation change. Please know that if your department would like an individual safety review with the CSN Police Department, you may email Chief Darryl Caraballo at csnpd@csn.edu.

According to Robert Manis, president of the college’s faculty union, Nevada Faculty Alliance, CSN did not provide students with very many details, which has resulted in numerous rumors spreading across campus.

“They never really told the students much about it except that it was resolved on the actual day of the shooting,” Manis told The Review-Journal. “When you don’t give the full details, then rumors go crazy. It’s unfortunate because it made the students and faculty very afraid and allowed rumors to proliferate.”

Court records show Bird was charged last month with discharging a gun within a prohibited structure, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and possessing a dangerous weapon on school property.
https://townhall.com/notebook/bethba...ident-n2518266

Shoots himself in the arm with the smallest of calibers, and then passes out in the hallway. LOL what a wuss! On top of that, he's now charged with a Felony for firing a gun in a school! My god the Trump Derangement Syndrome is a powerful force. Affects the brains and the ability to think rationally. God help these people.

Last edited by Patrick Chewing : 09-12-2018 at 03:59 PM.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:02 PM   #2
scuzzy
Klutch Bean

Default Re: TDS Alert: College Professor Shoots Himself to Protest Trump

meanwhile in Charlotte, man runs over protesters in protest

scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:14 PM   #3
nathanjizzle
#Trump4Treason

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzy

true trump derangement.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:17 PM   #4
Long Duck Dong
Local High School Star

Quote:

You do know a crazy antifa liberal threatened that guy with a rifle, and said he chased that guy down the street with his AR-15 moments before he plowed into the crowd right?
Long Duck Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #5
SomeBlackDude
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
You do know a crazy antifa liberal threatened that guy with a rifle, and said he chased that guy down the street with his AR-15 moments before he plowed into the crowd right?

2018 'murrican patriots = nazi apologists

d-day was all for nothing.
SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #6
nathanjizzle
#Trump4Treason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong

in your head, that sounds like some kind of point for his innocence?
Old 09-12-2018, 04:20 PM   #7
Patrick Chewing
#MAGADETH

LOL now, now, boys.

For every White Nationalist that runs over a crowd (which has only happened once), I can show you 100 Antifa rallies with violence, I can show you deranged killers that shoot Republican US Representatives, I can show you actors that wish they could kill the President or at least blow up the White House and have the President's son kidnapped.

And now, I can show you people shooting themselves over the President.

Now, now, boys.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #8
Facepalm
Local High School Star

Meanwhile a Trump supporter threatens a newspaper, echoing Trump's "enemy of the people" line.

Quote:
'Enemy Of The People': Man Echoing Trump's Words Charged With Threatening Newspaper
August 30, 20189:21 PM ET
Amy Held at NPR headquarters in Washington, D.C., July 25, 2018. (photo by Allison Shelley) (Square)
AMY HELD

On Thursday, a California man was charged with threatening the newspaper in retaliation for its national editorial campaign criticizing President Trump's assault on the free press.

A California man was arrested Thursday and charged with threatening violence against Boston Globe journalists in retaliation for the newspaper's coordination earlier this month of some 300 nationwide editorials denouncing President Trump's attacks on the media, according to federal prosecutors.

Robert Chain, 68, of Encino, Calif., faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. He was charged with one count of making threatening communications in interstate commerce and will be transferred to Boston at a later date, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Massachusetts.

On Aug. 16, the Globe published its own editorial saying a "central pillar of President Trump's politics is a sustained assault on the free press ... which has dangerous consequences."

Later that day, the Justice Department says, Chain called the Globe newsroom and threatened to shoot its employees in the head "later today, at 4 o'clock."

As a result, Boston police officers were posted outside the Globe's offices to protect workers.

In all, Chain is alleged to have made more than a dozen "threatening calls" to the newspaper beginning Aug. 10 — the day the Globe announced the national newspaper campaign — until Aug. 22.

In addition to allegedly threatening to kill Globe workers, Chain is also accused of calling the newspaper "the enemy of the people," a phrase favored by the president to describe the media, as showcased in a tweet as recently as Thursday.

"I just cannot state strongly enough how totally dishonest much of the Media is," Trump tweeted. "Enemy of the People!"

Quote:
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
I just cannot state strongly enough how totally dishonest much of the Media is. Truth doesn’t matter to them, they only have their hatred & agenda. This includes fake books, which come out about me all the time, always anonymous sources, and are pure fiction. Enemy of the People!

It followed earlier tweets posted by Trump critical of CNN's reporting that he knew his campaign officials were planning to meet with Russians in 2016 with the expectation of receiving damaging reports about Hillary Clinton. CNN stands by its reporting.

The Globe reports that the affidavit quotes Chain as saying in one call to its newsroom on Aug. 22 that "you are the enemy of the people, and I want you to go [expletive] yourself. As long as you keep attacking the President, the duly elected President of the United States, in the continuation of your treasonous and seditious acts, I will continue to threat[en], harass, and annoy the Boston Globe, owned by the New York Times, the other fake news."
Facepalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #9
nathanjizzle
#Trump4Treason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
2018 'murrican patriots = nazi apologists

d-day was all for nothing.

youre wrong. 2018 "murrican patriots" = domestic terrorists.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #10
Facepalm
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
LOL now, now, boys.

For every White Nationalist that runs over a crowd (which has only happened once), I can show you 100 Antifa rallies with violence, I can show you deranged killers that shoot Republican US Representatives, I can show you actors that wish they could kill the President or at least blow up the White House and have the President's son kidnapped.

And now, I can show you people shooting themselves over the President.

Now, now, boys.

We can play this game

Quote:
A Klansman caught on video firing a gun in the middle of the 2017 white nationalist "Unite The Right" rally in Charlottesville has been sentenced to four years in prison by a judge in Virginia.

Richard Preston was handed an eight-year sentence Tuesday, with four years suspended. He also will serve three years of supervised probation.

Quote:
A 29-year-old North Carolina man who fired a military-style assault rifle inside a popular Washington pizzeria in December, wrongly believing he was saving children trapped in a sex-slave ring, was sentenced on Thursday to four years in prison.

The man, Edgar Maddison Welch, drove on Dec. 4 from his hometown, Salisbury, N.C., to the Comet Ping Pong restaurant with three guns. He was investigating unfounded but widespread online reports of children held there in a child abuse scheme led by Hillary Clinton, a theory known as “Pizzagate.” But Mr. Welch, who pleaded guilty to federal weapons charges in March, rescued no children. Rather, he frightened employees and patrons, who panicked and ran.

Quote:
Donald Trump supporter Alvin Bamberger is accused of assaulting a protester at a 2016 campaign rally in Kentucky.

But if the 75-year-old veteran lost his cool at the Louisville rally, he did so at the "urging and inspiration" of his President, Bamberger alleges in a lawsuit against Trump.
"Trump and/or the Trump campaign urged and inspired Bamberger to act as he did," according to the Ohio resident's claim, which was filed in Louisville federal court on Friday.

Quote:
Donald Trump on Sunday said he was “looking into” paying the legal fees for the man who sucker-punched a protester during a campaign rally in North Carolina.

Quote:
“He was shouting, ‘Trump!'” Usama said. “‘Trump will take our country from you guys!'”

The man eventually got back on his bike and, before police arrived, circled Usama and his now prostrate friend. (The alleged beating was reported by the Wichita Eagle early Monday morning.)

“He was chanting, ‘Trump! Trump! Trump!'” Usama said. “‘Make America great again! You guys are the losers! You guys, we’ll throw you over the wall!'” Usama added: “You know, the usual things you see at a Trump rally.”

Usama and his friend, who did not wish to speak to the media, escaped without serious injury and reported the incident as a hate crime, Usama said. But after outbreaks of violence at Trump rallies and elsewhere — and unheeded calls for the candidate to try to stop them — the alleged attack in Kansas again suggests how violence is becoming associated with Trump’s White House bid.
Facepalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:38 PM   #11
scuzzy
Klutch Bean

Lane 'Seattle4Truth' Davis, 33, who was obsessed with liberal ‘pedophilia,’ and accused his dad before stabbing him to death.

Old 09-12-2018, 04:40 PM   #12
Patrick Chewing
#MAGADETH

What do the KKK guy and the Pizza guy have to do with Trump?? I'm a Trump supporter and I'm not in the KKK. KKK wouldn't accept me that's for sure.

So that story doesn't count. Pizza guy? What affiliation does he have with Trump or the Republican Party? Who wouldn't want to take down people behind a child sex slave ring??
Old 09-12-2018, 04:45 PM   #13
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Thread backfire. Time to abandon ship, OP. This won't end well.

imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:49 PM   #14
scuzzy
Klutch Bean

"I don't know what the rally was about, he just kept mentioning something about ult rite? alt right?"

- James Fields mother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O55jyZ6RLaM
Old 09-12-2018, 04:49 PM   #15
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:

That's Charlottesville, about 270 miles North of Charlotte. The only violence from protests in Charlotte comes from black people pissed off at police.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: