Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 09:36 PM   #31
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Default Re: List your best clutch players

Quote:
Heroic is NEVER a word that should be used in the same sentence as 'Baron Davis'.
Unless you're saying "Baron Davis isn't heroic." By the way, Duncan averaged 21.8PPG on 57% shooting against the Jazz, both better than his regular season averages. Okur's defense wasn't THAT great. Inconsistent.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:36 PM   #32
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousmobb
Wade fits this exactly.
God Bless your brain. Finally someone who thinks that.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #33
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
God Bless your brain. Finally someone who thinks that.
For real, I guess everyone has forgetten not just what he did in 06 playoffs but his whole career, hell in his very first playoff game as a rookie Wade hit the game winning shot.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #34
EuJazz
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Unless you're saying "Baron Davis isn't heroic." By the way, Duncan averaged 21.8PPG on 57% shooting against the Jazz, both better than his regular season averages. Okur's defense wasn't THAT great. Inconsistent.

He frustrated Duncan after the first couple of games. Forced a lot of TO's. I'm just saying it wasn't Duncan who beat us, it was everyone else, who let it rain consistently (at the AT&T Center).
EuJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:44 PM   #35
EuJazz
Local High School Star

Quote:
For real, I guess everyone has forgetten not just what he did in 06 playoffs but his whole career, hell in his very first playoff game as a rookie Wade hit the game winning shot.

I won't ever respect the Heat for the '06 season because of the way they were handed the trophy.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:46 PM   #36
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuJazz
I won't ever respect the Heat for the '06 season because of the way they were handed the trophy.
Yea yea, same old ref conspiracy bullish, whatever. Wade never hit clutch shots, Wade never rallied his team to the title, it was all the refs.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #37
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Yea yea, same old ref conspiracy bullish, whatever. Wade never hit clutch shots, Wade never rallied his team to the title, it was all the refs.
Exactly can you people please stop with the Wade is a cheater, Wade didn't deserve the ring crap. It really is getting dumb. He is clutch and all of you will have to admit it.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:49 PM   #38
EuJazz
Local High School Star

Quote:

He's clutch, but he got to shoot 97 free throws in one series that lasted 6 games, and that series determined who won the title that everyone worked all season to have a shot at.

That's just not right.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:50 PM   #39
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Exactly can you people please stop with the Wade is a cheater, Wade didn't deserve the ring crap. It really is getting dumb. He is clutch and all of you will have to admit it.
Too late, everyone has been brainwashed, hell lot of people didnt complain alot during the Finals, but they just go along with everyone else and agree,
Old 06-15-2007, 09:51 PM   #40
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuJazz
He frustrated Duncan after the first couple of games. Forced a lot of TO's. I'm just saying it wasn't Duncan who beat us, it was everyone else, who let it rain consistently (at the AT&T Center).
Yeah he definitely annoyed him, I'll give him that.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:53 PM   #41
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
So you basically just posted everyone mentioned in this thread to sound 'smart'. Genius.
whose trying to show off here?

Quote:
One of the most heroic in NBA playoff history? A second round exit after he was lucky enough to be on a team who matched up well against the #1 seeded team? Heroic? HAHAHA.
c'mon.

I think that if you really go into it with a cynical attitude you can make every great moment in sports history sound typical. unless it's something like 13 in 35 (which you could kill with "he just got lucky") it doesn't pop out at you if you're not in the moment, if you don't let the magnitude of what's going on invade your consciousness, nothing's going to be a big deal.

I mean take what Willis Reed did. came in a game, scored a couple baskets, and disappeared: that's one of the most memorable moments in sports history. but you could make it sound routine.

but what Baron Davis did is something that will probably be remembered for awhile. take yourself back to that moment. remember the fourth quarter of game 4 (I believe)? Baron taking right at the 7 foot MVP without an ounce of apprehension? he took it right at a 67 win team, a team that won 25 more games and who every single analyst ALIVE predicted to take the series in six or less. no fear. won the series. DOMINATED the series.

and people have already forgotten.

just kinda surprised me, that's all.

Quote:
Memo blew some ass offensively in 2/3 playoff series, but a ton of that was thanks to his damn superb defense he had to play against Tim Duncan and Yao Ming. The best two players at their positions today.
Memo disappeared in the playoffs. you can reword it any way you like, and words can do a lot, but they can't change the fact that you can't be a top 3 clutch player if you're shooting 3 for 15 in crucial playoff games.

he can be top 10. and I probably fear an open Memo 3 more than almost anything on this earth in the fourth quarter. but top 3's just too much, there are too many standalone great players in this league for a who, in the Spurs and Rockets series, had games of:

2-14 6pts
2-9 4pts
2-12 7pts
7-13 16pts
3-7 9pts
5-11 19pts
7-13 16pts
3-15 10pts
4-13 11pts
0-3 0pts
3-7 7pts
3-8 8pts

41-125.. don't have a calculator, you can figure out the percentage yourself, but quick math says it's around 33.

that's bad. you can disappear in the playoffs a couple times and be a top 10 clutch player (hell, Horry is often nowhere to be seen for entire series) but top 3 is too much. those are Playoff Marion-esque numbers and nobody would make the mistake of calling Marion clutch. clearly numbers aren't everything but they are something.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 06-15-2007 at 09:55 PM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:53 PM   #42
EuJazz
Local High School Star

Quote:
Too late, everyone has been brainwashed, hell lot of people didnt complain alot during the Finals, but they just go along with everyone else and agree,

Nobody complained during the Finals because we were in shock watching it happen, plus we figured the next game there would be hope for nobody shooting 25 free throws, and the best team winning.

So much for that. Wade wasn't even the reason they got to that level, either.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 PM   #43
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Rack up some videos to prove he is clutch.

Anyways.

Bryant
Gordon
Horry
Nash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YKOVQdFVu8
Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 PM   #44
EuJazz
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
whose trying to show off here?

c'mon.

I think that if you really go into it with a cynical attitude you can make every great moment in sports history sound typical. unless it's something like 13 in 35 (which you could kill with "he just got lucky") it doesn't pop out at you if you're not in the moment, if you don't let the magnitude of what's going on invade your consciousness, nothing's going to be a big deal.

I mean take what Willis Reed did. came in a game, scored a couple baskets, and disappeared: that's one of the most memorable moments in sports history. but you could make it sound routine.

but what Baron Davis did is something that will probably be remembered for awhile. take yourself back to that moment. remember the fourth quarter of game 4 (I believe)? Baron taking right at the 7 foot MVP without an ounce of apprehension? he took it right at a 67 win team, a team that won 25 more games and who every single analyst ALIVE predicted to take the series in six or less. no fear. won the series. DOMINATED the series.

and people have already forgotten.

just kinda surprised me, that's all.

Actually, if you read anything (not just assume, because of the seeding), you'd have seen that not everyone predicted the Mavs to win, and most thought it would be a 6-7 game series. Don't just say things that don't make sense for effect. Like you comparing what I said to Willis Reed's game. You can't say that anything that Baron Davis did was even close to what Reed did. You moron. You can't take a Reed game and make it seem typical without hiding what ACTUALLY HAPPENED. You don't have to hide anything about Davis' playoffs to make them seem not heroic. His playoffs just were not heroic. What did the Warriors win 14 out of the last 16 against the Mavs before that series? I don't think too many people were terribly surprised (smart people, at least) that the Warriors won, especially when you add in the fact that they were 9-1 in their last 10 leading up to the playoffs. You've got to be kidding me GeeWiz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Memo disappeared in the playoffs. you can reword it any way you like, and words can do a lot, but they can't change the fact that you can't be a top 3 clutch player if you're shooting 3 for 15 in crucial playoff games.

he can be top 10. and I probably fear an open Memo 3 more than almost anything on this earth in the fourth quarter. but top 3's just too much, there are too many standalone great players in this league for a who, in the Spurs and Rockets series, had games of:

2-14 6pts
2-9 4pts
2-12 7pts
7-13 16pts
3-7 9pts
5-11 19pts
7-13 16pts
3-15 10pts
4-13 11pts
0-3 0pts
3-7 7pts
3-8 8pts

41-125.. don't have a calculator, you can figure out the percentage yourself, but quick math says it's below 33.

that's bad. you can disappear in the playoffs a couple times and be a top 10 clutch player (hell, Horry is often nowhere to be seen for entire series) but top 3 is too much. those are Playoff Marion-esque numbers and nobody would make the mistake of calling Marion clutch. clearly numbers aren't everything but they are something.

I like how you only post his 1st and 3rd round stats. Come on, now.

And as I said before, those bad offensive games were because of how hard he was going on defense (something he never did in the season), and it paid off for the Jazz (at least in the Rockets' series).

If this was the 'best playoff clutch players', then obviously he shouldn't be in the top 30. But it isn't, so figure in the fact his shooting percentage boosted into the 60's during clutch situations over the season, and you'll see he's as clutch as anyone in the league. He hit huge shot after huge shot after game winner during the year, why do you think everyone stands up every time he touches the ball in the last few minutes at the ESA?

I didn't say he was Michael Jordan or anything, I just said he was very clutch. If you can't see it, I'm sorry for you.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:11 PM   #45
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:

Damn, i sure missed Wade the last half of the year.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: