Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 05:37 PM   #16
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A great Duncan moment that gets lost

Id have guessed it was Amare blocking him in 05.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:41 PM   #17
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
This is my favorite Duncan moment.
I'm surprised it's not from one of those tidy playoff series of '05 or '07, actually.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #18
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

LMAO if you think I posted that cause I'm bitter or something. It just happened to pop up after the other video and I found it humerous.

Forgive me if I offended you so. :rollingeyes:
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:46 PM   #19
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Relax. Looks like you're the only one getting his feathers ruffled.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:49 PM   #20
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Relax. Looks like you're the only one getting his feathers ruffled.
My feathers are far from being ruffled.

Guess I should post a disclaimer before I post anything that might offend someone. I'm sorry, please forgive me.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #21
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
The degree of difficulty on that shot far supercedes Fisher's.

yeah but.... duncan's shot was.... completely... luck.

so was fisher's. But fisher actually had a cleaner look and had the whole "shooting form" correct, so I'd say that was LESS luck than duncan's, where he just threw it up because the shotclock was off.

if this shot gets "overlooked" it's because people tend to rememeber duncan for all the skillful things he has done, not because of a lucky heave he threw up. that's like saying "let's remember jason kidd for that full court shot he hit once".
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:45 PM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
that's like saying "let's remember jason kidd for that full court shot he hit once".

No, it really is not.

The circumstances, and ultimatly the team he was playing against, made that shot memorable, but with Fisher' shot overshadowing it giving his team the victory.

Forgive me if Jason Kidd hit a game tieing or game winning shot from full-court in the playoffs in a pivotal game like that. If that was the case it would certainly not be overlooked, much like Jerry West' halfcourt shot is not overlooked to this day.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VAdgxyC1e...elated&search=
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #23
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

Yup I remember it, but mainly because Duncan rarely makes last-second shots in the clutch like that.

And lol @ Shaq moving his feet on defense

Last edited by LiL Stevie : 06-15-2007 at 06:52 PM.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:12 PM   #24
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Yeah, that was a ridiculous shot by Duncan. Higher degree of difficulty than Fisher's imo, considering that I feel that Shaq fouled him down low on the attempt in addition to the ridiculous distance (for a big man) and off-balance nature of the shot.

I was going crazy when Fisher hit that shot. Lucky LA bastards. I remember after that game, I likened the finish to two people from the same family winning the lotto -- what are the odds of those two shots going in?
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #25
td21spurs
I brick open layups

td21spurs has an OK reputation so far

I couldn't sleep that night. Fisher!
td21spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:54 PM   #26
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Wow I watched the entire last moments of the game. What a sequence of shots. Those plays define clutch.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 PM   #27
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
“One lucky shot deserves another.”
great quote.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:17 PM   #28
Dwight Shrute
I brick open layups

Dwight Shrute has an OK reputation so far

Can you imagine Jordan hitting his career defining shot against Utah in 1998, and then a scrub like Byron Russel hitting a miracle heave to win it?

Because thats pretty much how i view it
Dwight Shrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:18 PM   #29
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

san antonio was devastated after fisher hit his shot.

erase fisher's shot, and tim has 5 rings right now , along with one of the greatest game winners of all time.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: