Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 07:18 PM   #16
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Delfino to Toronto...OFFICIAL!!

Quote:
What is Detroit thinking?

I said it before, most likely saving money.

The Pistons are not really a young team (at least their core isn't). They'll re-sign Chauncey and probably get either Grant Hill or Mo Pete to fill in for Delfino and actually get playing time. They're still trying to win it all.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:19 PM   #17
StreetPharmacist
Serious playground baller

StreetPharmacist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Its official Detroit is entering the rebuilding phase
:)

Is Dumars stupid? This was a horrible trade for Detroit. From what I've seen of Delfino, he seems like a young guy that could become a solid player if given some time. Now with Pistons early exit and Billups's pending Free agency wouldn't having a younger guard on your roster be a good asset?

And everyone knows the Toronto's picks are going to be next to worthless. By 2009, Bosh and Ford will be entering his prime, Bargs will be good, and the rest of the young guys will help Toronto to a top 5 team. High record = ****ty picks.
What is Detroit thinking?

To make it worse.. it's SECOND ROUND picks.
StreetPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:19 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Colangelo is truly a god.

I like the trade but come on. GOD?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:21 PM   #19
StreetPharmacist

Thhis trade is gonna look even more lopsided come Summer 2008.. This is Delfino's final year .. the contract year... so he's gonna work his a$$ out here in Toronto.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #20
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

I wondr if this is in preperation for a bigger deal or WTF is he thinking man. Maybe he's bringing in Alex Acker.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:23 PM   #21
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

I like the trade but come on. GOD?

Go on realgm and on the Pistons board. Those guys are freaking out cause just three months ago, they wouldn't have traded Delfino for Calderon and now two second round picks?
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:25 PM   #22
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
i thought you had to match saleries? who did detroit get?
Not when you are trading a low paid player like Delfino for draft picks. A draft pick counts towards matching salary, though. I'm not trying to say you don't have to match salary in every trade. I'm just saying you don't always have to include a player to get a player.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:26 PM   #23
StreetPharmacist

Colangelo must be connected to the Mob or something.. Prolly made an offer Dumars couldn't refuse.

Delfino is not a great player or something.. but getting him for 2 second rounders is quite a steal.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:29 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Go on realgm and on the Pistons board. Those guys are freaking out cause just three months ago, they wouldn't have traded Delfino for Calderon and now two second round picks?

Delfino has shown NOTHING to warrant such an outcry/outrage. What has he done? I'd love for someone on this board to tell me. I've seen him...he is s solid player but nothing that people should act as if he had AS caliber potential. Overhyped by Pistons fans.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #25
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Delfino has shown NOTHING to warrant such an outcry/outrage. What has he done? I'd love for someone on this board to tell me. I've seen him...he is s solid player but nothing that people should act as if he had AS caliber potential. Overhyped by Pistons fans.

Nah, it wasn't his kind of system in Detroit. Never felt comfortable. He's gonna have a breakout year in Toronto cause it fits him perfectly.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:35 PM   #26
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

He better make a steal with those draft picks.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:58 PM   #27
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You can tell when Gobb goes into a thread with a specific purpose in mind. In this case it's to rain on the parade of Raptors fans.

What do I think of it? To me he's a more skilled Pavlovic, but for the most part looks like a poor man's Pavlovic on the court.

Either way, for two second rounders it is worth it. The odds of getting even a 12th man in the 50-60 range is less than Delfino becoming a integral part to the lineup.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:01 PM   #28
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dont really care. YAY! We have another Juan Dixon / Kris Humphries level guy. It's alright, but all it does is shift minutes around really.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:10 PM   #29
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

One reason BC could have focused on Delfino over another player is the fact that he can drive to the hole and is willing to do so as well.

That leaves on the wings:

Parker- spot up shooter with limited driving ability off pumps or screens.
Dixon- Spot up shooter with some ability to drive and take man 1 on 1 and shoot the mid range shot.
Graham- Spot up shooter or shooter of a couple dribbles. Only drives off pumps when shot is working.
Garbojosa- See Parker.
Jackson- Can shoot and drive as well as good playmaking ability in short time watching him.
Delfino- can drive and shot is decent, but would be more on graham leve's unless he just needs more time on court to feel more comfortable.

So now we have a couple guys who can drive, which we needed last year in the playoffs from our wing player albeit two lesser players in Jackson and Delfino.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #30
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far

HORRIBLE trade for Detroit. What the heck are they thinking?

Watch Delfino explode with the Raptors. He's very talented, plays awesome defense and is an energy guy. Stupid trade by the Pistons.

Good for the Raptors.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: