Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
Duderonomy
Perrrfect

Default NFL week 5

Jags-Chiefs baby

Vikings@ Eagles low-key game of the week. If Vikings lose they are done
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star

Default Re: NFL week 5

Bengals really showing me something early with their ability to put points on the board.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:03 PM   #3
Duderonomy
Perrrfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
Bengals really showing me something early with their ability to put points on the board.
They seem like fools gold but either them or the Ravens will have a home field playoff game so who knows. Their game against the Dolphins will say alot about both teams. I like the Bengals odds though.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:59 PM   #4
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderonomy
Jags-Chiefs baby

Vikings@ Eagles low-key game of the week. If Vikings lose they are done
They'd be far from done. They'd still be the favorite in the NFC North. I am surprised at the step down their pass defense has taken, but I still expect them to go on a tear pretty soon
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:34 PM   #5
Duderonomy
Perrrfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
They'd be far from done. They'd still be the favorite in the NFC North. I am surprised at the step down their pass defense has taken, but I still expect them to go on a tear pretty soon
1-3-1 isn't done to you? The Bears are really good and GB still has A-Rod. The Vikings aren't going 8-3 or 9-2 the rest of the way.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:15 PM   #6
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend

Quote:
1-3-1 isn't done to you? The Bears are really good and GB still has A-Rod. The Vikings aren't going 8-3 or 9-2 the rest of the way.
if two of the losses are against two of the best teams in the league, then no. the bills game was inexplicable to me and until i see that happen again, i still buy wholeheartedly into the vikings
Old 10-03-2018, 04:24 PM   #7
Duderonomy
Perrrfect

Quote:
if two of the losses are against two of the best teams in the league, then no. the bills game was inexplicable to me and until i see that happen again, i still buy wholeheartedly into the vikings
Well the Vikings would have to almost win out. Winning all 5 remaining division games. Then play solid against the NFC west and AFC east.
That's why this game is make or break if they win 2-2-1 they can rebound and have a good season.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:45 PM   #8
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend

Quote:
Well the Vikings would have to almost win out. Winning all 5 remaining division games. Then play solid against the NFC west and AFC east.
That's why this game is make or break if they win 2-2-1 they can rebound and have a good season.
Let's say they they lose against the eagles and are down to 1-3-1. I'd expect them to win against the Cardinals, Jets, Seahawks, and Dolphins - putting them at 5-3-1. For the division, I'd expect them to sweep the Lions, and go 2-1 against the Packers / Bears (twice) - putting them at 9-4-1. That leaves games against the Saints and Pats. If they lose both, they end up at 9-6-1 which very realistically wins the NFC North. If they win just one of those final two, then they are 10-5-1 with almost a guaranteed NFC North crown.

The path isn't really that absurd following a tough start.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #9
Charlie Sheen

Quote:
They seem like fools gold but either them or the Ravens will have a home field playoff game so who knows. Their game against the Dolphins will say alot about both teams. I like the Bengals odds though.
I like the Ravens to take the division in the end, but I don't have any good reason past my unfavorable pinion of Marvin Lewis. AJ Green lit up the Ravens defense though. No one else has come close to scoring that easy on Baltimore. I'm conflicted. haha

I almost forgot the Eifert injury. That's a big blow.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:41 PM   #10
Charlie Sheen

Quote:
Let's say they they lose against the eagles and are down to 1-3-1. I'd expect them to win against the Cardinals, Jets, Seahawks, and Dolphins - putting them at 5-3-1. For the division, I'd expect them to sweep the Lions, and go 2-1 against the Packers / Bears (twice) - putting them at 9-4-1. That leaves games against the Saints and Pats. If they lose both, they end up at 9-6-1 which very realistically wins the NFC North. If they win just one of those final two, then they are 10-5-1 with almost a guaranteed NFC North crown.

The path isn't really that absurd following a tough start.
You don't think the Lions will be playing better by November? You straight up give them none chance here. Or it won't matter because you're expecting the Vikings to be playing better by then too? I'm probably guilty of thinking Stafford is better than he really is, but I'm not ready to let go of that yet.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:07 PM   #11
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

My picks have been horrible the first four weeks...

but if I were hypothetically in Las Vegas this weekend, which I won't be, I'd put some money on the Packers (-1.5)... then I'd put a very small wager on the Giants (+7.5) to cover.

Other than that... lots of good games this week... Pitt (1-2-1) vs ATL (1-3) has my attention... one of those teams is going to be very disappointed after week 5 and I'm hoping it's the Falcons.... Minnesota vs Philly will be the game of the week.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:33 PM   #12
Duderonomy
Perrrfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas

Other than that... lots of good games this week... Pitt (1-2-1) vs ATL (1-3) has my attention... one of those teams is going to be very disappointed after week 5 and I'm hoping it's the Falcons.... Minnesota vs Philly will be the game of the week.
Yep Pittsburgh/ATL is another one that has could be the season ender for the losing team. Atlanta could be 4-0 if they played tighter.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:38 AM   #13
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
You don't think the Lions will be playing better by November? You straight up give them none chance here. Or it won't matter because you're expecting the Vikings to be playing better by then too? I'm probably guilty of thinking Stafford is better than he really is, but I'm not ready to let go of that yet.
I'm basing it a couple of factors

1 - the lions are wildly inconsistent, so if all else fails, pick them to lose to a better team
2 - the vikings outplayed them twice last year, but dropped one in an early season super weird game that neither team really played well
3 - i expect the vikings to be playing better in the second half of the season

im not necessarily giving them no chance but if you held a gun to my head and said "pick these games", that's how I'd do it.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:34 PM   #14
CelticBaller
Killer Instinct

Edelman
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:56 PM   #15
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend

Quote: