Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-16-2007, 01:31 AM   #16
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Default Re: Who would you take with the #3 pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I think you have to go with Brandan Wright. I think he's definately gonna be the best scorer out of the draft NEXT YEAR, and win ROY.

I really think he'd be a great pick up for Seattle, but ofcourse media and fan expectations + potential will make them get Durant.

The guy IMO will one day be atleast Chris Bosh, if not KG

I like Brandan, but this is way too much. He has very little offensive skills and he's going to be the best scorer out of the draft next year?

Given the minutes I expect Durant, Horford, Brewer, and Green to score more than Brandan. Oden, probably too.

Brandan's a really nice player, but the next Bosh? I don't think so. KG definitely not. Marcus Camby is where my expectations are at, and that's not bad at all in today's league.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:58 AM   #17
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I like Brandan, but this is way too much. He has very little offensive skills and he's going to be the best scorer out of the draft next year?

Given the minutes I expect Durant, Horford, Brewer, and Green to score more than Brandan. Oden, probably too.

Brandan's a really nice player, but the next Bosh? I don't think so. KG definitely not. Marcus Camby is where my expectations are at, and that's not bad at all in today's league.

Camby? WTF

He's got more offensive skills than Oden or Horford does. Nice hookshot, good in the post, nice jumper, can put the ball on the floor a bit, and certainly can finish and run the floor and just has great touch.

And why do you expect all those guys to get more minutes than him?
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:26 AM   #18
melvinthompson
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Camby? WTF

He's got more offensive skills than Oden or Horford does. Nice hookshot, good in the post, nice jumper, can put the ball on the floor a bit, and certainly can finish and run the floor and just has great touch.

Have you seen his jumpshot? It's FUGLY.
melvinthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:04 AM   #19
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Camby? WTF

Have...you seen Brandan play, like a lot? After the hook shot I lost you. He has showings of a nice foundation of handles, but at the next level, I doubt he puts it on the floor too much next season. He may be quicker than whatever stiff that guards him in the ACC to get away with it, but not when you're dealing with versatile big defenders on the next level. Even on my front-court weak Nets, Cliff Robinson should easily guard him and poke away that ball if he wants to put it on the floor.

Nice jumper? I mean he has made a solid share, but people are not going to stay at home with him. I'd say his jumper is AT BEST, as good as Kenyon Martin when he came into the league. It's not very reliable nor is it "nice."

I'd re-evaluate my opinion on Brandan if I were you. Marcus Camby is not a bad thing to aspire to, but like Kenyon Martin before him, I do not think he really has the mindset of an offensive big such as a Bosh. As for KG, you're out of your mind if you think he can become as good. That's just preposterous.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:01 AM   #20
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

He's got a great little fadeaway and pull up jumper close to the rim, and I know he doesn't have much range, but that will change he has great touch. I wouldn't doubt that he's been told that he needs more range and I wouldn't be surprised if he came in next year with a more than solid 15fter. And he can put the ball on the ground enough to get to the rim.

This kid will be the truth. He's got things he needs to work on, but he's got extremely high potential, and extremely high talent. All the tools are there.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:07 AM   #21
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
He's got a great little fadeaway and pull up jumper close to the rim, and I know he doesn't have much range, but that will change he has great touch. I wouldn't doubt that he's been told that he needs more range and I wouldn't be surprised if he came in next year with a more than solid 15fter. And he can put the ball on the ground enough to get to the rim.

This kid will be the truth. He's got things he needs to work on, but he's got extremely high potential, and extremely high talent. All the tools are there.

I am not saying he is, but to say that he's the best scorer already in this draft is too much. You can't say he's the next KG when he doesn't show the passing game, nor the ability to guard perimeter players, things that define KG.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:31 AM   #22
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

The kid is only what? 19, who knows what he can learn to do. Nobody ever is the same exact player, but I think he can have a similar scoring skillset as KG. Good rebounder too, and pretty good defensive player (for college atleast).

I don't know if you've ever really watched him. Nothing about him says Marcus freakin Camby. Totally different players.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:50 AM   #23
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

If I'm them, I take Brandan Wright at 3, and try and trade up with the 11 pick to get Conley to make sure you get him...Give someone Childress or something...

Conley/Lue
Johnson/Stoudemire
Smith/Williams
Wright/Jones
S. Williams/Pachulia

that'd be a pretty good team in a year or 2...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:42 AM   #24
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
The kid is only what? 19, who knows what he can learn to do. Nobody ever is the same exact player, but I think he can have a similar scoring skillset as KG. Good rebounder too, and pretty good defensive player (for college atleast).

I don't know if you've ever really watched him. Nothing about him says Marcus freakin Camby. Totally different players.

Nothing says Marcus Camby?

Lets see.. He's 6-10, rail thin, super athletic, can run the floor, blocks shots, rebounds well, and no real definitive offensive game. Yeah, ok, nothing like Camby.

Please, for a Nuggets fan you really don't understand Camby's game.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:47 AM   #25
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
rail thin, super athletic, can run the floor

Since when has Camby been any of these?

He isn't super athletic, he actually looks quite built and he definitely can't run the floor as well as Brandon Wright can.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:55 AM   #26
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Chris Bosh averaged 18/10 with 3 blocks his freshman year at GTech.
Brandan Wright averaged 15/6 with 2 blocks his freshman year at UNC
Marcus Camby averaged 11/6 with 4 blocks his freshman year at UMass

I would say Brandan is a lot closer to Marcus statistically freshman years than Chris.

But yes, soon will come the stats don't tell the whole story. And that does make sense, but after watching Brandan all season on every one of his nat'l televised games, I was much more into college basketball this year than the NBA.. I would say Marcus Camby if he never had injuries is Brandan's ceiling. And I don't get where you think that's a bad thing. Every team in the league would kill to have a Camby like player.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:57 AM   #27
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Since when has Camby been any of these?

He isn't super athletic, he actually looks quite built and he definitely can't run the floor as well as Brandon Wright can.

Ask anyone around if they find Camby athletic. I'm pretty sure most would concur with me. Secondly, Camby's very mobile for a 7 footer. If you take the league average for 7 footers in terms of foot speed, Camby's definitely above average even with his injuries. Lastly, the rail-thin would agree with when Camby first came into the league. Even now though, he still gets pushed around in the post.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:09 AM   #28
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
Ask anyone around if they find Camby athletic. I'm pretty sure most would concur with me. Secondly, Camby's very mobile for a 7 footer. If you take the league average for 7 footers in terms of foot speed, Camby's definitely above average even with his injuries. Lastly, the rail-thin would agree with when Camby first came into the league. Even now though, he still gets pushed around in the post.

But they're not comparable.

Sure they might compare in height and weight (I was about 7 when Camby played his rookie year, so I don't remember).

Camby might be athletic for a center, but don't you think Wright has already surpassed him? Same thing with foot speed, I'm pretty sure Wright is faster then Camby is.

Don't know about the last one though, because he has yet to play in the NBA. Bosh apparently couldn't play in the NBA because he was only 210lbs. when he entered. Look at him now though.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #29
wally_world
M0derator

Mike Coloney Jr...

book it... unless that hawks guy go crazy again and pick Brandan Wright... as good as he is... he's a SF... Hawks HAVE SFs... many of them...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:20 PM   #30
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

I hear that Yi Jianlian is being looked at very seriously by a few teams.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: