Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-16-2007, 11:27 AM   #31
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation
Default Re: Who would you take with the #3 pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
Mike Coloney Jr...

book it... unless that hawks guy go crazy again and pick Brandan Wright... as good as he is... he's a SF... Hawks HAVE SFs... many of them...

He's a 4. Not a 3. Maybe your thinking about the other Wright.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #32
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

For the last time we are not taking Horford or Wright. Wright is basically a small version of Josh Smith (and not as good) and Horford is basically Shelden Williams, who didn't have as good a college career. Since no centers are available we are taking the BPA who is Yi. We will probably end up taking Crittenton at 11. This is assuming of course we don't make some deal with Portland for Jack and or Aldridge.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:58 AM   #33
Fudge
FREE RUSS & BUDADIIII

Fudge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Brandan Wright would be a safe pick. Horford is technically the same thing as Shelden, a big man with his upper aspect in rebounding. Brandan, would give them more scoring ability alongside Smoove.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #34
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well they either HAVE to take Conley at 3 or Law at 11. Anything else would be utterly ridiculous.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #35
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
But they're not comparable.

Sure they might compare in height and weight (I was about 7 when Camby played his rookie year, so I don't remember).

Camby might be athletic for a center, but don't you think Wright has already surpassed him? Same thing with foot speed, I'm pretty sure Wright is faster then Camby is.

Don't know about the last one though, because he has yet to play in the NBA. .

Um. I never said that Camby was faster than him now. Ofcourse Brandan has better speed cause Camby's had more injuries than anyone in the league. Guy is called the "glassman" not for his rebounding but because he's fragile. So after all his surgeries you really expect him to be as fast as he once was? You were 7 when Camby first entered the league so you probably didn't notice how good he was in college. He was pretty damn impressive and he still is today. I don't know whats in you people to think that being the next Camby is a bad thing. It's not. Ok, so Marcus isn't thought of as KG or Bosh, but honest to God, I mean, you got to be realistic. Not every top 5 pick is going to end up being a superstar. But being a potential all-star and defensive player of the year candidate every year? That's a hell of a career in my opinion. I understand we set lofty expectations for people, but at the end of the day you really gotta know where to pick them. Maybe Brandan ends up being the next Bosh or KG, fine I'm wrong. But in my opinion the chances are really stacked against him, and it's better to pick a player that he can exceed than a player he will never reach. Marcus Camby is a damn good player. I don't know what type of luxury you guys' teams have to think that Marcus isn't a special player.

I call them like I see them. I got slammed for saying that Julian Wright can be the next T-Mac too, but I still stand by that statement. I watch as much college basketball as anyone here, and hippos, game, illinifan, king can attest to that.

Quote:
Bosh apparently couldn't play in the NBA because he was only 210lbs. when he entered. Look at him now though

Bosh was the 4th pick in one of the deepest drafts of all time. Who was saying he couldn't play in the NBA? You? No one was saying that. Being skinny was a negative point for him, but I doubt anyone said that he wouldn't make it in the league when everyone projected him to go no lower than top 5. So, you might want to try again.

Last edited by wang4three : 06-16-2007 at 12:17 PM.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #36
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Lump me in with Wang on Brandan Wright. Sure he "could" develop this and that, but so could anyone else. As of now, neither his jumper, nor his handles are anything to write home about.

And Horford is infinitely better than Shelden Williams. All Shelden has on him is being engaged to Candace Parker, but we don't even know who Al's swimming on so he may trump him on that front too.

Quote:
Julian Wright is the 3rd best player in the draft, but why take him unless you have a major trade in the works involving Smith and other pieces for a star big man?

So, next best thing is draft Noah.

Noah and Smith would terrorize players in the paint.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:45 PM   #37
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
He's a 4. Not a 3. Maybe your thinking about the other Wright.

a large 3 a small 4... pretty much the same situation Marvin Williams and Josh Smith are in... JJ and Childress are pretty much SFs too... this team has too many swingmen... they should get Coloney Jr...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:04 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Easy pick for Atlanta. Mike Conley Jr. Why for another YEAR pass up a position you NEED and is a glaring NEED at that?

"But we can get him or a PG at 11"
"But we got PG's"
"But we can sign one or draft one next year"

Atlanta can get a player at 11 in terms of a forward that is JUST AS GOOD as a player they draft at 3. You cant find a PG in this draft that rivals Mike Conley Jr. And you wont find one on your current roster nor free agency. If Atlanta passes on him they are beyond stupid...and that franchise should never make the playoffs for enternity.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #39
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Michael Jordan from the University of North Carolina. Oh, we're in '07. Conley or Wright.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #40
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

I would go Al Horford this kid is a beast he seems to be in the Elton Brand/Carlos Boozer mold people comparing him to Shelden people need to cool out with that talk. Shelden is not the prospect Horford is, a lineup of Zaza/Horford/Smith/JJ/#11 with guys like Shelden, Marvin, and Childress on the bench and you might just have a team in the ATL.
MMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #41
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I'd go with Horford, Conley might be around with the Hawks' 2nd pick.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #42
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would go best talent available and to me that's Brandan Wright.

PG:
SG: JJ
SF: Smith
PF: Wright
C:

Those 3 are a damn good young core to me.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #43
RIP CITY
DETROIT BASKETBALL

RIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected poster

Al Horford
RIP CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:43 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
I'd go with Horford, Conley might be around with the Hawks' 2nd pick.

Dount count on it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #45
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
a large 3 a small 4... pretty much the same situation Marvin Williams and Josh Smith are in... JJ and Childress are pretty much SFs too... this team has too many swingmen... they should get Coloney Jr...

dude Brandan Wright is 6'10, you are thinking about Julian Wright, He is 6'8.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: