Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-16-2007, 04:40 AM   #16
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Default Re: LA Times: Kobe and Buss meet in Spain. Kobe wants out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
How would getting JO and Murphy put them behind, except regarding contracts. On the court they should be tough to beat
because JO has been injury prone the last few season and Murphy just didnt playing well anymore...a laker team with JO and Kobe isnt going to be able to compete against teams like Mavs, Suns, Spurs, maybe the Nuggets and Warriors...and with the contracts of JO Murphy and Kobe, lakers are in serious financial trouble the next 5 years
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:40 AM   #17
RagingBull33
I pooped a hammer.

Pierce and #5 for Kobe is a great trade for both teams.
Kobe accepts because he:
-moves to the weak East
-is surrounded by a young solid team that is going nowhere but up
-Kobe gets the low-post option he's always wanted in Al Jefferson

It's good for LA because they get a guy who is only 1 or 2 steps behind Kobe, and they get a 5th pick if they decide to go the route of rebuilding.
RagingBull33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:43 AM   #18
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull33
Pierce and #5 for Kobe is a great trade for both teams.
Kobe accepts because he:
-moves to the weak East
-is surrounded by a young solid team that is going nowhere but up
-Kobe gets the low-post option he's always wanted in Al Jefferson

It's good for LA because they get a guy who is only 1 or 2 steps behind Kobe, and they get a 5th pick if they decide to go the route of rebuilding.

No. Kobe would not approve of the trade for Boston.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:44 AM   #19
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Kobe wants to go to three teams. Chicago, NY and ? Emplay won't expose the other team. I wonder who it can be. Some are saying Charlotte.

My best guess would be LAC, just to stay in LA, but it won't happen, and I, won't mind it, but won't want it because asking price will be too high.

As far as the topic goes, no shit he'd want out after they tell him they are going to waste three years of his career waiting for a damn project to develop, as opposed to getting a win-now team mate.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:47 AM   #20
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
My best guess would be LAC, just to stay in LA, but it won't happen, and I, won't mind it, but won't want it because asking price will be too high.

As far as the topic goes, no shit he'd want out after they tell him they are going to waste three years of his career waiting for a damn project to develop, as opposed to getting a win-now team mate.

What makes things worse, is that Jerry Buss lied to Kobe.

and lying usually leads to more trouble.

If Jerry Buss actually told the truth, Kobe probably would have stayed. but then again probably not.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:52 AM   #21
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12

If Jerry Buss actually told the truth, Kobe probably would have stayed. but then again probably not.

Well, lie or not, it was basically obvious that they did not want to trade Bynum, meaning they want to waste three years, while hoping Bryant can stay at his scoring form, until Bynum develops, IF he ever does at least, as opposed to attempting to build a solid squad.

Sadly, it reminds me too much of my Clippers situation when AI wanted out, they passed up on him to keep Shaun, and I was one of those fans who was on the fence because I loved Shaun's potential, we all know what happened, . If you have a chance to pair a star wing, with a star big, you don't think about potential, you do it. Inside/Outside duo's is what wins championships, look at the Spurs with Duncan inside, TP/Manu outside, or Shaq with Kobe/Wade at his side.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:08 AM   #22
EricForman
Good college starter

he really need to stop saying "i want to be a laker for life" if he's going to threaten to leave every now and then
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:13 AM   #23
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

who are these sources and why are they leaking this info. It was prob a complex convo and he sums up his view of what happens and they guys makes an article on it.

Kobe wants changes or else he is going to leave. He like LA but likes winning more...That has been what I have gotten out of this from the begginning but ESPN has just taken snippets and soundbytes and put them together to portray it a certain way....

Lakers FO is in shambles if they cant even have a private convo without sources leaking info....are we really shocked Kobe went in an affirmed his stance, "Get better players or trade me". It was pretty obvious that was what he would do.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 06-16-2007 at 05:17 AM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:21 AM   #24
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

Kobe wants changes or else he is going to leave. He like LA but likes winning more...That has been what I have gotten out of this from the begginning but ESPN has just taken snippets and soundbytes and put them together to portray it a certain way....

exactly. its not like "I want to get traded"..."I want to stay" back and forth kind of thing. When Kobe said he wants to be a Laker, people took it as if hes saying "i dont want to get traded" or whatever...thats not it, he said that "he wants to stay a laker but needs to see changes and a commit to winning". And he said this over and over.

He wants to be a Laker but winning is more important. Show him that you're committed to winning and he stays. No more "just go out and there and score us points while Bynum develops bullsh!t". If you wanna win, then go for it. If you dont plan to win now, then I'd rather go somewhere else while I'm in my prime.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:24 AM   #25
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
because JO has been injury prone the last few season and Murphy just didnt playing well anymore...a laker team with JO and Kobe isnt going to be able to compete against teams like Mavs, Suns, Spurs, maybe the Nuggets and Warriors...and with the contracts of JO Murphy and Kobe, lakers are in serious financial trouble the next 5 years

Troy's a really good rebounder, and his numbers have gone down as his minutes have gone down. Okay he's a role player, now people know that. He's gonna get numbers because there's nobody else there in the frontcourt, and Kobe and Phil will only make him better.

JO is still pretty young, and injuries are unpredictable. He could play 82 next year.

And I don't think JO and Kobe is enough to win a title either, but it makes them competitive enough to allow Kobe to have a punchers chance to show just how great he is. And right now, the ability to compete should be enough for them. And they can subtly get better through the draft and with the MLE. Really if JO stays healthy and Murphy's rebounding and double digit scoring ability all they'll need is a few good shooters and defenders on the perimeter. Walton fills one role very well as he can shoot and create too.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:34 AM   #26
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12

How did Jerry Buss lie? Please explain and back up with facts.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:51 AM   #27
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

kobe wants out. there is no optimistic reason to hold on if you're a lakers fan. he wants out. he wants out. he wants out. plain and simple. it was in his words two weeks ago, then again tonight - even if he did reconsider, you just don't hold on to feelings like that if you indeed have patience and it's not eating you up inside. when you meet your boss halfway across the world one on one, and you, as a professional person and employee reiterate what he fears, then you are basicaly holding your company at ransom and that is a no no. i would let your asss go. that is detrimental to the team, the personel, the true life-long fans, and of course your franchise.

furthermore, j.o. is such a lame request. such a mediocre, so-so improvement you are envisioning there kobe. i don't care...kg, jo, whoever - your worst problems were at the 1 and only the 1. buss is right, it takes time. you need to see how the off season, the draft, and free agency pan out. stay serious about it, stay involved, but don't cloud their minds with you wanting to leave in order for them to make clear decisions for you - after all they are building around you. you are not being fair.

oh yeah, while yall trying to land j.o. and murphy, see if they can give up ike diogu too.

Last edited by FashionIssues : 06-16-2007 at 05:57 AM.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:02 AM   #28
hotsizzle
Superstar

its beyond talk and promises at this point. Thats what we heard and what Kobe heard the last three years. SOmething HAS to be done. If Buss told Kobe "No JO, we're gonna wait for Bynum" then that pretty much shows how committed they are to winning right now with Kobe as the leader; which btw happens to be what they had in mind the last three years.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:09 AM   #29
hotsizzle
Superstar

Kobe just needs to chill for now though(publicly I mean). What happens behind the scenes is fine whatever it is. Thats common for any superstar having troubles with an org.

Article says Kobe will meet Buss again so talks are still there at least.

If this thing goes by and Lakers revamp the roster, it will all end up looking like any other scenario where a superstar puts pressure on the org to meet his demands.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:28 AM   #30
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Quote:
Kobe met with Buss, Buss told Kobe that they won't get J.O because the asking price is too much so he told him to be patient with Bynum and Kobe said no trade me.

Fair enough from Kobe then. Honestly... Lets look at the Lakers, if they can somehow fleece anyone into giving them a player as good as Jermaine and not have to give up Kobe they win. Honestly, the team is trash. If they can get Jermaine for the rest of their roster they should do it. It's not like the rest of the roster couldn't be replaced with D-League scrubs anyway, I mean its all they are in the first place.

Also, Murphy's contract is bad but Kobe or LeBron are basically the perfect teammates for him(Prime Shaq is all that would be better). Murphy is a good rebounder and adequate defender who is prone to chucking 3s. I mean seriously, just throw him in a corner and let him catch and shoot from Kobe. All they really need from their PF. He is basically a Ho Grant with better range but worse defense. But there are barely any PF's that play defense that good anymore.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: